Listen to Fortress!

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Macca
Greg

Re: Listen to Fortress!

Post by Macca »

Check your PM. Told you 45 minutes ago.
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

Nick
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Nick »

gbruin wrote:Nick, are you listening to the songs in the order on the Loudwire stream or according to the album order? If you haven't, try the latter and see if it flows and stays balanced better throughout.
In the loudwire order. Yeah, I'll have to try it again. It was really about at Cry A River that it became noticeable. Otherwise, the tracking was fantastic at highlighting the variety and retaining the cohesion.
gbruin wrote:Everything Nick says is true. Even when he disagrees with me. Then it's extra true.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:This album makes me want to put the h in my username.

Incredible.
:rockon Sweet! I'm glad to hear you like it, plus I hate having to think extra when I remember to spell psycosquirrel properly.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Think I was hard on Cry A River and Farther than the Sun on first listen, they'd be up their with my favourite tracks on the other three albums.
For all of the hope that it brings...

TrademarkTM
Brand New Start

Post by TrademarkTM »

Any place I can listen to this on my iPhone?

jerry424
Brand New Start

Post by jerry424 »

I'd thought "III" was a solid effort. Until now. This buries it.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

Yeah, I have to say that ABIII is my least favorite album. I'm not sure where I put Fortress yet, it may be better than Blackbird. If so, it's my favorite now.

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

Ubik wrote:Think I was hard on Cry A River and Farther than the Sun on first listen, they'd be up their with my favourite tracks on the other three albums.
THIS^
PHOTOSHOPPING IS FOR SCHMUCKS

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

This killed ABIII. I could not stop smiling during Cry of Achilles. They are back... And it's better than ever.
Thanks Timo!

Nick
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Nick »

Ubik wrote:Think I was hard on Cry A River and Farther than the Sun on first listen, they'd be up their with my favourite tracks on the other three albums.
This is true. They seem kind of weak to me in the context of the album but they grab me way more than AB III did and blow away most of Blackbird. Even though ODR was my favorite, I finally feel like I can't compare present AB with then AB. I don't know if I'll be able to compare that far. ODR was this kind of special, transitionary album that captured the magic of a newly formed and inspired band, but Fortress feels like that band has finally fully realized itself. ODR was young AB, fresh faced and excited to face the world and Fortress is the grizzled veteran looking back on it all.
gbruin wrote:Everything Nick says is true. Even when he disagrees with me. Then it's extra true.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Nick wrote:
This is true. They seem kind of weak to me in the context of the album but they grab me way more than AB III did and blow away most of Blackbird. Even though ODR was my favorite, I finally feel like I can't compare present AB with then AB. I don't know if I'll be able to compare that far. ODR was this kind of special, transitionary album that captured the magic of a newly formed and inspired band, but Fortress feels like that band has finally fully realized itself. ODR was young AB, fresh faced and excited to face the world and Fortress is the grizzled veteran looking back on it all.
Very good analogy. Blackbird and ABIII were puberty. Moments of potential, now realised!
For all of the hope that it brings...

TREMONSTER
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TREMONSTER »

I'm on my second listen...and I'm completely blown away. The diversity, the depth of artistry, lyrics and musicianship. I've gotten chills and eyes welling with tears from the impact. It's so immense! :rockon
*Courtesy of Alter Bridge Bangladesh Facebook

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Couldn't stop smiling either, holy fuck...

DeadCell
Come To Life

Post by DeadCell »

Loudwire = piece of shit.
I tried listening on my phone which has a decent connection right now and I got to listen to 15 secs, then it buffered for 15 secs, so on and so fourth. Just put the damn thing on youtube!!!!

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

DeadCell wrote:Loudwire = piece of shit.
I tried listening on my phone which has a decent connection right now and I got to listen to 15 secs, then it buffered for 15 secs, so on and so fourth. Just put the damn thing on youtube!!!!
Ok.

http://youtu.be/yY4eAomKt8Q

>_>

Lenishere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lenishere »

Okay. I just have to also say that the four solos on Fortress (song) are fucking amazing! I love when the third solo transitions to the final solo and Myles and Mark "sync up notes." Awesome.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

So I'm late, as usual. How are we listening to the album, again?

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Click your heels together thrice and say "there's no place like a beaten down old shack"

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Post by Felipesh »

The first half of Farther Than The Sun it's so boring, the second half is great

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

AB23 wrote:Click your heels together thrice and say "there's no place like a beaten down old shack"
Tried it, that must be blocked in my region :shrug