Noticing The Little Things (On All Albums)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Noticing The Little Things (On All Albums)

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote:
Dan Dando wrote:For the life of me I still can't make out what Mark sings at the very end of Cry of Achilles, right after.. "Hope it's not too late" - to my ears it sounds a little like "Touching down." (although I don't think it's exactly that) or.. I don't know :lol
I think it's actually Myles, but I'm near 100% sure that it's a reprise of the earlier "such an awful fate". Love that bit as well though.
Is it possible to ask AB on Twitter? Maybe they are not busy enough that they could tell us? What if it's just a bunch of gibberish?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

It's always possible, but I don't think there's much point as there's not much doubt that it's "such an awful fate". Compare it to the bit earlier in the song, lengths of the words are the same and it's in a similar melody. Plus makes sense in the context of the song - the fate is being realised.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote:It's always possible, but I don't think there's much point as there's not much doubt that it's "such an awful fate". Compare it to the bit earlier in the song, lengths of the words are the same and it's in a similar melody. Plus makes sense in the context of the song - the fate is being realised.
Yeah your probably right. Whatever he's saying it sound great either way.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Ubik wrote:It's always possible, but I don't think there's much point as there's not much doubt that it's "such an awful fate". Compare it to the bit earlier in the song, lengths of the words are the same and it's in a similar melody. Plus makes sense in the context of the song - the fate is being realised.
Yeah your probably right. Whatever he's saying it sound great either way.
100% saying SUCH AN AWFUL FATE. In keeping with the lyrics being said earlier in the song..

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

AHart96 wrote:Can't wait to get the Sound and the Story DVD and learn it!! :peace
Learn it from live videos and playing along with it! It's so fun to play along to new songs

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

In Blackbird, in the second and last chorus, there is a little lead guitar lick that you can hear very faintly. I was never sure if it was actually there or if my mind was just making things up in my head, but it's there. Even though it's so subtle, it adds a very sorrowful feeling and it's perfect for the song.
Thanks Timo!

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

The bit that sounds like a violin? Yeah it's there, love it also.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Yep, that :)
Thanks Timo!

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

JUST NOTICED THIS AS I WAS LIFTING: someone please help decipher.

So I was listening to Achilles, and it was turned up pretty high. As I got to the second verse "I cannot seem to find the answers, every truth has slipped away" there is a beep in the background that I can't get out of my head. It almost sounds like a fire alarm. You can really hear it at the 2:50 mark if you listen close enough. What is this sound? Even though it is very faint, now that I have heard it I can't really unhear it, so to speak

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Jim wrote:
AHart96 wrote:Can't wait to get the Sound and the Story DVD and learn it!! :peace
Learn it from live videos and playing along with it! It's so fun to play along to new songs
I wish! I'm just not experienced enough to do so, I haven't developed my ear yet, only been playing less than 2 years
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

AB23 wrote:JUST NOTICED THIS AS I WAS LIFTING: someone please help decipher.

So I was listening to Achilles, and it was turned up pretty high. As I got to the second verse "I cannot seem to find the answers, every truth has slipped away" there is a beep in the background that I can't get out of my head. It almost sounds like a fire alarm. You can really hear it at the 2:50 mark if you listen close enough. What is this sound? Even though it is very faint, now that I have heard it I can't really unhear it, so to speak
I thought i heard that too! Must be some of the keyboard noises or something. Its kind of an eerie noise...
Thanks Timo!

hackingislife
TABN.com Citizen

Post by hackingislife »

Ubik wrote:The bit that sounds like a violin? Yeah it's there, love it also.
Where am I looking for it, exactly? I wanna hear it, but still don't :(

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

hackingislife wrote:
It's played during those 2nd and 3rd choruses. Listen while Myles is singing the main lyrics "Let the wind carry you home, Blackbird fly away" etc. It's played alongside the chorus riff. It's a lead guitar, but I see what Ubik means in saying it sounds like a violin.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

It's at 2:28 until 2:32, then again at 2:38 and at the same points afterwards. Kind of buried in the mix, but it's high-pitched and if you listen for it you should be able to catch it.

hackingislife
TABN.com Citizen

Post by hackingislife »

Ubik wrote:It's at 2:28 until 2:32, then again at 2:38 and at the same points afterwards. Kind of buried in the mix, but it's high-pitched and if you listen for it you should be able to catch it.
Andy92 wrote:
hackingislife wrote:
It's played during those 2nd and 3rd choruses. Listen while Myles is singing the main lyrics "Let the wind carry you home, Blackbird fly away" etc. It's played alongside the chorus riff. It's a lead guitar, but I see what Ubik means in saying it sounds like a violin.

I hear the first few moments of it, but I see what you're saying. I'll have to try again once I get home from work :P It's kinda the same experience I had with Lover the first time!

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

austinjhnsn wrote:

I thought i heard that too! Must be some of the keyboard noises or something. Its kind of an eerie noise...
Someone else figure out what this noise is because its bothering me haha

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

AB23 wrote:
austinjhnsn wrote:

Someone else figure out what this noise is because its bothering me haha
Thanks, now I can't unhear it as well! :P Damn alarm clock sound! No idea what it is, but it has the same 'rhythm' as the guitar so... Maybe it's just some guitar noise? Although it isn't audible on the first 'verse'... Mmmm :crazy

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

What if it's morse code or something?... It's too buried to hear exactly what it is...
Thanks Timo!

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

austinjhnsn wrote:What if it's morse code or something?... It's too buried to hear exactly what it is...
A secret message... I like it...!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

It sounds like some kind of feedback..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.