Live in Milan

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Live in Milan

Post by BSC »

Perhaps they dislike the Milan performance because they're so self-conscious and don't want to risk another performance being labelled 'god awful' by the fans?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Lol yeah I've thought about that. The fans' reaction to Wembley probably didn't help their confidence.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

kantkalmthefire
Brand New Start

Post by kantkalmthefire »

Every time I read this thread I hope to see that the DVD has been released but nope.

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

But the difference between the two performances is night and day. Milan = great, Wembley = bad. We're not about to start shaming ourselves for their issues with their sound.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

soo im really confused here... so fans arent getting live in milan as promised?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

They will get it as part of the box set once it's released, but as of right now the band doesn't seem to have any desire to release it. That's where the holdup is.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

JSlade wrote:How in the world could they greenlight the godawful Wembley performance but not Live in Milan?
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Ya, but the result is that its not being released. For all we know, it could never be released. We simply don't know. There's just as much of a chance of it never being released than being released.

So, even though this one is blatantly not his fault, its just another promise unfulfilled.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

There's a sticker in the box set at the empty disc slot that says something like "this slot is reserved for the next Alter Bridge release." Doesn't say it will be Milan, so the extra slot can be used for a live DVD, their next CD, etc.

I don't know why they won't okay the release of this one. You'd think they would sell it if all the money was spent on the recording regardless of the sound. I mean, forget Wembley, these are the same guys who okayed the released of the Creed Live DVD lol.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Perhaps they see that the quality of their performances has gone down? I'm not at all saying that the Milan performance was sub-par by any means, but these guys probably read all the negative reviews that came with Creed Live in Houston and Wembley. Despite that it's a great performance, they probably just want nothing shorter than a perfect performance to be released.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Or maybe they realized the set list wasn't very different from their other DVDs, and everyone was already upset about the Wembley DVD not having Words on it.

It could be a multitude of things lol.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Good point, didn't think about the setlist.

What happens after a fifth album is released, though? Most likely they'll only be able to fit about five new songs in a set because of all the others from previous records they have to jam in there.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

If they ever release another live DVD, I'd hope it's like 5-6 songs from their next album, 5-6 from Fortress, and their biggest hits from the first 3 albums like Metalingus, Isolation, and Blackbird.

They just can't seem to drop Blackbird songs out of the set. They always talk about spending time playing a song in pre-production to get it ready for a live set...sometimes I wonder if the reason they still play so much from Blackbird is because those are their well rehearsed songs. It's like with all the other projects the band has, they don't have the time to get down an entire album's worth of new material to play live.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: These are real issues.

Post by Inconquerable »

kantkalmthefire wrote:Every time I read this thread I hope to see that the DVD has been released but nope.
Your name is perplexing. Do you mean that you can't calm the fire, or that you want Immanuel Kant to calm the fire?

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

GazEd wrote:
JSlade wrote:How in the world could they greenlight the godawful Wembley performance but not Live in Milan?
Wot

kantkalmthefire
Brand New Start

Re: These are real issues.

Post by kantkalmthefire »

Inconquerable wrote:
kantkalmthefire wrote:Every time I read this thread I hope to see that the DVD has been released but nope.
Your name is perplexing. Do you mean that you can't calm the fire, or that you want Immanuel Kant to calm the fire?
It just rolled out. I was also thinking at the time though that no matter how many years pass by and I may stray to other genres of music for a while I keep coming back to hard rock, metal and so on.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Saw somebody ask about Milan DVD on the Aof12 Fb and there was an interesting reply.

Daniel Catullo "Milan will come out Jason. Don't listen to any BS. No one knows what is going on and anybody who says they do is full of sh**. Progress was made this week on it"

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Of course, no one knows what's going on. I want to know what's going on about it since that June 2014 date stated in that one video didn't happen. Michael stated no update when I tweeted him asking if there is any update of it on late July, I think.

I was so ready to buy this thing. I had the money and all and nothing. I ended up buying an iTunes gift card to get Big Wreck's Ghosts instead (which is a good compensation) around that time. I don't even know if I want to spend on anything else music-related after Foo Fighters' Sonic Highways, this year, so this may end up being a tough buy for me while it was such an easy buy in June/July.

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

Oh my gooooood
Image[/URL]