The 4th Album - FORTRESS - Discuss The Album Here!

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: The 4th Album - FORTRESS - Discuss The Album Here!

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Lenishere wrote:
AB23 wrote:^^^ Exactly one week before release.

It feels pretty surreal when you put it in perspective. We're gonna hear a whole new alter bridge record in 2 weeks from today AT THE MOST. But Mark said they were gonna stream it before, so around 10 days!
Do you think it will be one week before the Japan release date or the worldwide release date? (Sept. 30th)
If this is the case, then I'd be getting to hear Fortress and watch the season premiere of How I Met Your Mother in the same day. I think I'd be bouncing off the walls with excitement.

sam_j
Bought The CDs

Post by sam_j »

It feels pretty surreal when you put it in perspective. We're gonna hear a whole new alter bridge record in 2 weeks from today AT THE MOST. But Mark said they were gonna stream it before, so around 10 days!
My exam schedule just got pinned.Starting on the 25th.Oh boy,it will be a tough fight.

Lenishere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lenishere »

sam_j wrote:

My exam schedule just got pinned.Starting on the 25th.Oh boy,it will be a tough fight.
I feel you, man. AB is distracting me from class so much at the moment! I just need to hear this damn album! Lol we all need help... :slam

Hurry up, FORTRESS! We all need you!

LadyJuliaJoanne
TABN.com Citizen

Post by LadyJuliaJoanne »

I think I am obsessed. Last night I dreamt I was already owning the physical copy of the album on my desk and Myles was asking me how is it. I wasn't hearing any song, anyway. When I woke up I wanted to cry.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Cthree922012 wrote:I don't think Mark wants anything to do with Creed for a long time
Good.
Ubik wrote:Last we heard, they couldn't get the rights to the One Day Remains ones off Wind Up.
But they can just re-record it, right?

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Did you just say they can re-record One Day Remains??? Oh..

Decay

Post by Decay »

No, not One Day Remains, but those B-sides off of it... Songs like On My Way Now, Solace, Cruel Sun, etc..

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

thats really not for any fans to say im afraid. we have no idea about the legal issues surrounding such songs

Decay

Post by Decay »

Yeah, I guess..

Damn you, Wind-up.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Well I've not often heard of a record label owning songs themselves rather than the recordings. So yeah, pretty sure they could re-record if they wanted, but they might not think it's worth the hassle/time/money.
For all of the hope that it brings...

LadyJuliaJoanne
TABN.com Citizen

Post by LadyJuliaJoanne »

Ubik wrote:Well I've not often heard of a record label owning songs themselves rather than the recordings. So yeah, pretty sure they could re-record if they wanted, but they might not think it's worth the hassle/time/money.
You may never know.

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

Pretty sure I read in my Intellectual Property class a few semesters ago that if an umbrella corporation (in this case, Wind Up Records) owns any IP from individual or sub division groups (Alter Bridge) who are contractually bound by the umbrella corp., then the umbrella owns rights to EVERYTHING regarding whatever IP is being published through them.

In layman's terms; Wind Up owns the songs itself... Alter Bridge would be committing copyright infringement if they were to rerecord the ODR B-sides.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

SchwiizVT12 wrote:Pretty sure I read in my Intellectual Property class a few semesters ago that if an umbrella corporation (in this case, Wind Up Records) owns any IP from individual or sub division groups (Alter Bridge) who are contractually bound by the umbrella corp., then the umbrella owns rights to EVERYTHING regarding whatever IP is being published through them.

In layman's terms; Wind Up owns the songs itself... Alter Bridge would be committing copyright infringement if they were to rerecord the ODR B-sides.
Hmmm, all right. So if AB decided to rerecord the ODR B-sides and released them during a time they are off doing other bands, they have to ask Wind-Up if it is ok and pay them a certain amount of money? Seems like the benefits does not outweigh the price, here.

If only there was a way to A. get those B-sides out in the public for people to hear and B. Piss off Wind Up records without paying those guys anything.

Edit: Funny thing, I actually understood everything you stated above the layman's terms part. Me taking business classes has finally is paying off for me.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

But they record them when they do live shows and sell them...what's the difference?
For all of the hope that it brings...

Marcos
Achilles

Post by Marcos »

Ubik wrote:Well I've not often heard of a record label owning songs themselves rather than the recordings. So yeah, pretty sure they could re-record if they wanted, but they might not think it's worth the hassle/time/money.
You're correct.

I asked Michael about it once and he said AB owns the songs, but Wind-Up owns the recordings; so they'd have to re-record them before releasing it.

I'd love them to take a couple weeks off while on tour to get into a studio and re-record them to release an EP. Halestorm does it well with their covers.

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

I thought they only secured the rights to certain songs from ODR didn't they? I thought I read that somewhere.

Lenishere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lenishere »

Just seen a Fortress advertisement on a random web page I was looking at with my brother about dogs. They are doing a great job promoting the album this time around!

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

No news Wednesday strikes again folks

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

^Wednesday is not over, don't give up hope...