The 4th Album - FORTRESS - Discuss The Album Here!

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Decay

Re: The 4th Album - FORTRESS - Discuss The Album Here!

Post by Decay »

sam_j wrote:I think we'll get a few more fan reviews by september 17th.(I hope we at least get the previews by then)
http://it.roadrunnerrecords.com/promoti ... a-fortress
Would be cool if we get to hear previews this week. :D

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I was just saying that I always tend to skip HTTK, but I'm not gonna skip AtP, it's too good, even if the rest of Fortress is loads better, it's still a very good song.
Thanks Timo!

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Decay wrote:
LucasXXII wrote:
austinjhnsn wrote:Hail to the King isn't my favorite off HTTK, probably least fav. I'm not getting that feeling from ATP though.
Shepherd of Fire sounds like Enter Sandman, Doing Time sounds like Hell Yeah(Rev Theory), This Means War sounds MUCH like Sad But True...... Overall a great album but lacks originality.
It does not lack originality, it was done on purpose. They wanted to make a straightforward, classic rock/metal album, so they'd decided to listen to the influences of their very own influences and do something entirely different with this new album. That's what makes A7X so great!
Yeah, they made the album to showcase their influences pretty much, and they did a good job, and kept it original.
Thanks Timo!

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

@ austin and lucas: okease keep this topic on the correct subject please.. I am sure there is a topic about sevenfold in the 'other bands' forum!
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

sam_j
Bought The CDs

Post by sam_j »

Decay wrote:
sam_j wrote:I think we'll get a few more fan reviews by september 17th.(I hope we at least get the previews by then)
http://it.roadrunnerrecords.com/promoti ... a-fortress
Would be cool if we get to hear previews this week. :D
Would be cooler if they release one NOW!! :headbang

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

I dont know... I am between 30" preview or just one whole song...

I think I would prefer 30", just to have an idea how the album is going to be.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I would as well. I would wear it out.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Decay

Post by Decay »

Roneit wrote:I dont know... I am between 30" preview or just one whole song...

I think I would prefer 30", just to have an idea how the album is going to be.
This.
But then again, I would also like to be surprised and not have a clue what to expect on this album...

Decay

Post by Decay »

One Drew Remains wrote:I would as well. I would wear it out.
For the first time ever, I am thinking to skip to listen to the previews. I wanna bring the good, old surprise factor back. I think that's maybe kinda why I loved ODR and BB so much, I didn't know what to expect. That's just me, maybe. :D

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Decay wrote:
One Drew Remains wrote:I would as well. I would wear it out.
For the first time ever, I am thinking to skip to listen to the previews. I wanna bring the good, old surprise factor back. I think that's maybe kinda why I loved ODR and BB so much, I didn't know what to expect. That's just me, maybe. :D
Listening to the previews always makes me hyped. But I'm thinking of skipping that, too. Until I can have a full song, I don't wanna listen to anything.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Decay

Post by Decay »

So, 15 days left till the Japanese release and 20 days till the worldwide release! Can't wait!

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

I read somewhile ago that Mark said that AB III could be the band's last studio album. He said that the others future releases could be released just digitally or in form of EPs (something like that).

So, this didnt come true, but I am already thinking if maybe Fortress will be the last studio album. I am not sure what to think about that yet. Even that I just have CD as a backup, and usually I convert my albums in MP3/or similar to listen in my phone or car (in a pendrive), it will be strange not having an album to buy.

I tried, but I couldnt find the source. Sorry.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I remember that, I hope Fortress isn't the last.
Thanks Timo!

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Roneit wrote:I read somewhile ago that Mark said that AB III could be the band's last studio album. He said that the others future releases could be released just digitally or in form of EPs (something like that).

So, this didnt come true, but I am already thinking if maybe Fortress will be the last studio album. I am not sure what to think about that yet. Even that I just have CD as a backup, and usually I convert my albums in MP3/or similar to listen in my phone or car (in a pendrive), it will be strange not having an album to buy.

The whole music industry has been saying that for years but it's never come to pass. I doubt they'll go that route. It's easier/cheap to book a studio for one solid block than it is to keep coming back.

LadyJuliaJoanne
TABN.com Citizen

Post by LadyJuliaJoanne »

Roneit wrote:I read somewhile ago that Mark said that AB III could be the band's last studio album. He said that the others future releases could be released just digitally or in form of EPs (something like that).

What? No way! I doubt it. Would mean the end of AB which at the present moment and the near future is less likely fact.

sam_j
Bought The CDs

Post by sam_j »

Ummm I'm not sure whether this was your source or not but I just watched this video recently and in here they are talking about an EP for a creed album(9:50),not alter bridge.But the real saddening moment comes in the last question of the video(17:06).But quite a lot of time has passed since the interview so there may not be a need to worry.
Do checkout the whole interview though.Pretty cool!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udiCQcORHmc

UPDATE:The wikipedia page for AB III does say that Mark tremonti once said that AB III might be their last studio record!

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

Thank goodness that wasn't true. I really hope Fortress does so well that AB doesn't have much of a choice but to try to continue and hopefully make a few more records. Now that we know that they can handle all of their side projects and still bring us an album, they wouldn't have much of an excuse to give up. I know everyone's side projects are great but nothing gives me the same feeling or has more of an impact on me than AB and that's how it will probably always be for me.
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

I'm a bit confused. Why would they want to release stuff only digitally in the first place?
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

It wasn't about giving up on the band, it was because it was assumed that the way the industry was headed was towards doing shorter releases over shorter time frames, say a 6 song album every 18 months rather than 12 songs every three years.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

It would be symbolic though, if Fortress was their last real studio album.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.