European Summer Tour

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: European Summer Tour

Post by GazEd »

Damn, if I hear a good new band on a fest, I always jump the fuck around and do my best for the band to also be aware that they are listened to and enjoyed.

Strange.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

alert23
Bought The CDs

Post by alert23 »

I've been to Rock in Idro last weekend and have to say AB looked in very good shape! Find the Real was amazing and it's good to hear it normal tempo. When Myles announced Fortress I went totally nuts but very few of us knew the song. They got much more crowd reaction with Blackbird songs.

The crowd was shit because the fedtival organizer put barriers between people with normal tickets and people with pit package. However the pit was way too big and it was almost empty until 9 pm. Not to mention 95% of the people got pit tickets to see Iron Maiden and most of them didn't like AB. I was so pissed with people saying bullshit during Blackbird, most of them had no respect at all for any bamd before Maiden.

Said that Myles rocked and overall they seemed to enjoy playing fortress.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

alert23 wrote: The crowd was shit because the fedtival organizer put barriers between people with normal tickets and people with pit package. However the pit was way too big and it was almost empty until 9 pm. Not to mention 95% of the people got pit tickets to see Iron Maiden and most of them didn't like AB. I was so pissed with people saying bullshit during Blackbird, most of them had no respect at all for any bamd before Maiden.
aoidfjaknvjkqnvjiqeujnvwqehnv2qe. Those guys are bastards then. I've been proclaiming how much I think this line-up was my favorite festival line-up of the year and the crowd that paid money to be there acted like that? I would kill to see a show with the set times like Rock in Idro and see Iron Maiden, Black Stone Cherry, Skillet, and Alter Bridge in one day and I know that's realistically never going to happen in the states. F' those people then, but that's kinda expected when dealing with a band's fanbase as big and loyal to Iron Maiden.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Uh-oh. Uhhhhh, so I checked the various sites that had the Rock AM Ring live stream and the schedule and I found this.

http://www.dasding.de/rock-am-ring/Live ... index.html

Zuschauer-Voting: Alter Bridge live oder Milky Chance live

This means. Audience voting: Alter Bridge or Milky chance live. How do we vote to ensure that we see AB on Sunday on the stream?

Also, no Metallica in the schedule? Really? That's surprising since they are the draw of Sunday.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

anguyen92 wrote:Uh-oh. Uhhhhh, so I checked the various sites that had the Rock AM Ring live stream and the schedule and I found this.

http://www.dasding.de/rock-am-ring/Live ... index.html

Zuschauer-Voting: Alter Bridge live oder Milky Chance live

This means. Audience voting: Alter Bridge or Milky chance live. How do we vote to ensure that we see AB on Sunday on the stream?

Also, no Metallica in the schedule? Really? That's surprising since they are the draw of Sunday.
Seems like there isn't a poll yet. The page is so fuckin confusing and buggy, I'm really happy that I'm able to watch the concert on TV. I guess this is a 50:50 chance whether there will be a AB stream or not 'cause Milky Chance are due to their success in the German single Charts pretty popular right now.

Metallica is in the schedule -> Sunday 22.00

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I don't know if this is true, but here's the setlist, allegedly, for Sweden Rock Festival.

Looks pretty solid especially given that they had been given a 90 min. set to work with and playing behind Alice Cooper.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

very solid setlist

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

GazzaScotland
Brand New Start

Post by GazzaScotland »

Really interested to see what we get on Sunday, should be a massive moment for Alter Bridge in the UK. I think they will smash it, but I feel for myself it will be a weird one as the setlist probably won't excite me that much (due to the tour last year, etc) but should go down great in that slot.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I don't know if this is accurate, as always, but here's their setlist for the 1st headlining Europe show of 2014.

Addicted to Pain
Come to Life
Before Tomorrow Comes
Bleed It Dry
Cry of Achilles
Brand New Start
Ghost of Days Gone By
Fortress
Ties That Bind
Waters Rising
Isolation
Broken Wings
Metalingus
Blackbird
Open Your Eyes

Encore:
Watch Over You
Rise Today

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alter-bri ... 01673.html

Solid enough. Interesting that they took out White Knuckles, here, and didn't during Rock AM Ring. Watch Over You seems to be back. That's always a plus. Also, they seem to be comfortable playing these five Fortress songs on a regular basis in their shows. That's more than fine by me. I just need them to add Lover or The Uninvited on a regular basis and we got something more fantastic.

gobaloon
TABN.com Citizen

Post by gobaloon »

Hey never been to Download--how easy is it to get in and out of when Driving.

Bit of a messed up weekend---I am down in Devon--then back to Sheffield Sunday--its Fathers day--so do Family thing--hop in car--see AB and get back home...

Are the car parks crazy...need to weigh it all up for the cost but the boys are only 40 minutes away...so making all the effort and treating everyone nicely--it is Fathers day after all so come on guys give me a break and tell me the right thing to do...!

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Thats a great setlist. Keep BID and Fortress, add one more song from Fortress that could be rotated, thats a perfect setlist for me.
Thanks Timo!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I don't mind that they still have some Blackbird stuff in there. I just wish they'd swap some. Like play Buried Alive instead of Come to Life or Coming Home instead of White Knuckles every now and then.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I wonder when/if they're going to start moving a Fortress song or two to the end of the set, because most of Fortress is in the first half of the set.

Decent looking set, but I think the new tracks need to be spread out a bit more.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

True, I think one Fortress song in the encore would be cool
Thanks Timo!

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Farther than the sun needs to be in the set IMO

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Based on that set list, I think my most preferable (but realistic) set list would be this:

Addicted to Pain
Come to Life/Buried Alive/Coming Home
Before Tomorrow Comes/Lover
Bleed It Dry
Cry of Achilles
Brand New Start
Ghost of Days Gone By
Fortress
Ties That Bind
Waters Rising
I Know it Hurts
The Uninvited
Metalingus
Blackbird
Open Your Eyes

Encore:
Slip to the Void/Calm the Fire
Isolation

If they could have one slot in the set where they rotated lesser played fan favourites like In Loving Memory, New Way to Live or Shed My Skin that would be really cool.

P.S Is anyone else really bored of Watch Over You? It was cool when they first started doing it, but I've seen it three times now and personally I'm not in a hurry to see it again.

GazzaScotland
Brand New Start

Post by GazzaScotland »

gobaloon wrote:Hey never been to Download--how easy is it to get in and out of when Driving.

Bit of a messed up weekend---I am down in Devon--then back to Sheffield Sunday--its Fathers day--so do Family thing--hop in car--see AB and get back home...

Are the car parks crazy...need to weigh it all up for the cost but the boys are only 40 minutes away...so making all the effort and treating everyone nicely--it is Fathers day after all so come on guys give me a break and tell me the right thing to do...!

It's easy to get to, just off the M1. Car Parks can be pretty bad leaving at 11pm but before that I haven't had any issues. Walk form the Car Park to the arena will be about half an hour probably so keep that in mind.

gobaloon
TABN.com Citizen

Post by gobaloon »

Cheers Gazza. Will see if I can make it and leave after AB set.