Alter Bridge Europe concerts?

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Anyccka
Bought The CDs

Re: Alter Bridge Europe concerts?

Post by Anyccka »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Anyccka wrote:
[YouTube]http://youtu.be/Q0LsQRPF6p0?list=FLQ1AM ... IguX6ZD3-A[/YouTube]

edit - damn, why this Youtube thing doesn´t work?
For the Youtube to hyperlink/show a video; you wan't to use the "Share" function on YouTube and copy and paste that link between the forum brackets.
That's exactly what I did, not for the first time here, but for now some error :wtf

claudiocc
Bought The CDs

Post by claudiocc »

Macca wrote:dammit AB never play in europe I'm sick of america gettin all the preferential treatment

Hope this is a joke, as there isn't a statement wronger than this one. Check all AB's concert location from 2004 til today and you will be surprised.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

He's being sarcastic.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

ESPImperium
Bought The CDs

Post by ESPImperium »

Word on the 'street' is that it will be sometime between February and April for a 24 date 35 day long tour. Pretty much the same places they played in the 2013 tour of Europe, but with a single support band in Sevendust and a few extra dates at few places and a few new arenas thrown in as theres a few new ones built now.

Tremonti Project tour in about November with Slash/MK doing a massive American tour that will probably march into 2016. New AB record in late 2016 is my guess.

I heard a few band will be embarking on new tours in Europe in 2015 when i was at the Black Stone Cherry gig on Sunday. For rock/metal fans its going to be a killer touring year i think.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Hmmmmm, the thing is that these dates are occupied with Slash/Myles/Conspirators and I'm thinking Tremonti will do some shows during that time as well. Also, some of the US fans of Slash/Myles/Conspirators are a little impatient because they want headlining shows that properly tours the new album and I'm assuming that these guys will play in the festivals in the US (Rock on the Range, Carolina Rebellion, etc.) as well as the Europe festivals.
Feb 17 Claudelands Arena Hamilton Hamilton, New Zealand
Feb 18 TSB Bank Arena Wellington Central, New Zealand
Feb 21 Soundwave Festival Melbourne, Australia
Feb 22 Soundwave Festival Adelaide Sa, Australia
Feb 28 Soundwave Festival Brisbane, Australia
Mar 01 Soundwave Festival Sydney, Australia
Mar 14 Fundicao Progresso Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Mar 15 Galopeira Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Mar 17 Net Live Brasilia, Brazil
Mar 19 Master Hall Curitiba, Brazil
Mar 20 Pepsi On Stage Porto Alegre, Brazil
Mar 22 Espaco das Americas Sao Paulo, Brazil
It would be very nice to see an AB/Sevendust bill in the UK arenas and the Europe music halls though. AB, usually, does two headlining runs in Europe, and they need a solid supporting band (that hasn't tour with them in Europe, yet), and Sevendust hasn't been in Europe for a long time, and something like this could remedy both aspects.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

Mark told me "see you in January", so that led me to believe they would tour here early next year.

Garrett told me there are no plans yet to tour Tremonti2 other than shipwrecked and the VIP listening party. And i would find it weird if they would tour before the VIP listening party, so that kinda rules out Tremonti for January...

Maybe Mark did not know about Myles schedule yet?

As for an opening band, Like A Storm are working on getting funds together for a European tour... Would be cool if they tagged up with AB or Tremonti.
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I haven't heard any whispers of a European tour from AB at all. With Slash in an album cycle and Tremonti looking to be in full swing over Winter.. I don't see it happening.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I think that If they were gonna do some arena or large hall stuff it would have been announced by now.. Maybe they are finalizing some stuff but by now I think whatever they had planned got cancelled or something.. Maybe they are trying to find a good opening act

ESPImperium
Bought The CDs

Post by ESPImperium »

January stuff would be announced by now i agree. February is out now, same with March. Id suggest April to May time. This means Miles can get himself ready for the June to November for a Slash world tour to cover all the festivals as well. Tremont 2 will have been recorded and will be released i think.

Id like to see a decent Alter Bridge tour in Europe to put the Fortress album to rest with a band who haven't been in Europe for a long time in Sevendust, a band who according to setlistFM haven't seen Europe since 2011. Give them 12 songs as a support then id give Alter Bridge a 18 or 19 song main set. Id be happy to pay £35 for that ticket for that night out!

There are plenty of other bands who will be available for a European jaunt like Staind, Godsmack & Chevelle who could all, with the correct support, all do headline tours in arenas across the UK/Europe in 2015. Dare i even say that the Shinedown train will probably hit a headline tour in UK/Europe in the fall of 2015, as well as Halestorm as well with new albums as well.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

He has however been telling the media that they are coming back in January.. So I'm really confused on whats going on

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

Somehow I doubt that AB is doing any more touring until the next album cycle if they don't do Europe in Jan. SMK&C will be touring the US in the spring per Slash himself. Then they're likely doing the summer fest circuit.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

uctalum01 wrote:Somehow I doubt that AB is doing any more touring until the next album cycle if they don't do Europe in Jan. SMK&C will be touring the US in the spring per Slash himself. Then they're likely doing the summer fest circuit.
I would love that but highly doubt that AB would do the summer festivals 2 years in a row.. Look for Slash to do those

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

AllC392Was wrote:
uctalum01 wrote:Somehow I doubt that AB is doing any more touring until the next album cycle if they don't do Europe in Jan. SMK&C will be touring the US in the spring per Slash himself. Then they're likely doing the summer fest circuit.
I would love that but highly doubt that AB would do the summer festivals 2 years in a row.. Look for Slash to do those
I was referring to SMK&C.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Right! my Bad

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

*wishes for Myles solo album finishing in January*
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Quite frankly, that should be a thing he should be doing at that time. Slash has got no shows in that time. AB looks like they are going to have no shows. Other than playing that concert with Gov't Mule on December 31st, he's got a lot of free time in late December/January.

If he wants to surprise us with a couple of small acoustic shows in that time, that would be really swell.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Plus isn't Slash looking for a a lead singer with Velvet Revolver??? That would create way more free time

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

axlar wrote:Mark told me "see you in January", so that led me to believe they would tour here early next year.
He got bitten by Catullo
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Ehh, I don't think that's the case. I even heard word from the head of SlashFrance club that gives a lot of info regarding Slash/Myles/Conspirators, when going over the schedule for that band, that it was rumored that Myles was to tour Europe with AB in January (that news was probably a month ago).

I guess the only conclusion now is that they realize that schedule-wise, this Jan. tour is not happening. The question is now what is everyone going to do in January? Someone ask Michael about this, I've asked him more than enough stuff about anything.