Alter Bridge Music Videos.

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Alter Bridge Music Videos.

Post by VigilantSteve »

axlar wrote:too add to the storyline vid vs live performance vid.. the costs for a storyline vid are so much higher opposed to the costs for the live performance vid.. and with music tv on an all time low (they only air reality crap nowadays) the need for a storyline video isnt there anymore...
Yeah, regardless of how great the video would have been, how much good would it have even done if nobody would ever see it (outside of the people on this board, of course)?

Unfortunately the days of music videos are pretty much done at this point.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

There's a place for relevance in music videos - unfortunately, it's only when something goes "viral." And that only seems to happen when it's either backed by some kind of marketing machine, or starts gaining popularity organically and that seems to happen more when something is terrible rather than when it's great.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I actually like that Rain video as well. I'm sure it costs more than we think. But it's not like that one was very elaborate or anything.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Just stumbled across this on youtube. I completely forgot about its existence.. Decided it to post here, because I think it's shows how absolutely brilliant a storyline video can be.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/76vtlREgALI[/youtube]
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Timotheus wrote:Just stumbled across this on youtube. I completely forgot about its existence.. Decided it to post here, because I think it's shows how absolutely brilliant a storyline video can be.
See that, AB? Take notes.

EDIT: Love that song and Adam's voice. It's angelic. I actually wouldn't mind hearing an AB song like this.

SugarShane
Brand New Start

Post by SugarShane »

That's my biggest annoyance with AB, how stubborn they are on not making music videos (well, that and how rarely they perform in Australia). They are definitely relevant these days. A good song with a great music video can go mental on YouTube and reach a lot more people than would normally hear it. A song with a video is always more engaging.

The argument against music video shows is kind of invalid too, in that case why even bother releasing singles? Radio listening is declining too with the rise in people using things like Spotify and Pandora.

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

Decay wrote:
Timotheus wrote:Just stumbled across this on youtube. I completely forgot about its existence.. Decided it to post here, because I think it's shows how absolutely brilliant a storyline video can be.
See that, AB? Take notes.

EDIT: Love that song and Adam's voice. It's angelic. I actually wouldn't mind hearing an AB song like this.

Agreed. And the concept of the video is so simple as well.
Probably one of the reasons it really works.

jkyleuga
Brand New Start

Post by jkyleuga »

Part of my living is made off of making low budget music videos, and I'd be willing to bet that within the next 2 or so years bands are going to start realizing that great videos don't have to require a huge budget. I'm honestly not sure why it hasn't happened yet, but you're starting to see it with Red fang and others. The reason videos don't happen is because directors like DC3 (no offense to Dan, I like some of his work) convince labels that they need to build a huge unnecessary production to make something look good.

**FALSE**

You don't need a 60 man crew, helicopters, and a 2 week shooting schedule to make a great video anymore. Hollywood wants bands to believe that, because if they don't they're out of a job.

Example: <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/65114491" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/65114491">Kurt Vile - KV Crimes</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/robhatchmiller">Rob Hatch-Miller</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p> That Red Fang video was also awesome.

jkyleuga
Brand New Start

Post by jkyleuga »

Whooooops, example got cut off

[youtube]http://youtu.be/uGTwH8eCn5o[/youtube]

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

The most important part of a good video is creativity.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Andy92 wrote:The most important part of a good video is creativity.
And that's something AB will never know about. Sad but true.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

What does that even mean?
For all of the hope that it brings...

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Broken wings is creative. But Isolation/Ties The Bind/Rise Today are ehh

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ubik wrote:What does that even mean?
Just meaning you don't have to spend tons of money just to film the band playing on a stage. I mean, what's creative about that? I've seen some awesome music that were good because the story was creative.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Don't worry, it was the post below yours I was referring to.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Gotcha.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Ubik wrote:Don't worry, it was the post below yours I was referring to.
Look, dude, I was implying that something like Broken Wings is creative. The rest of AB's music videos are not, they're just performance videos. There's nothing creative about that.

You could do a performance video with a story line, Nickelback's ''I'd Come For You'' for instance and it'd be cool if AB did something like that. Oh wait, they've got WOY vid that contains some scenes cut from VH1's Celebrity Rehab and I liked that.

But you know where I'm getting at, right?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Decay wrote:
Look, dude, I was implying that something like Broken Wings is creative. The rest of AB's music videos are not, they're just performance videos. There's nothing creative about that.

You could do a performance video with a story line, Nickelback's ''I'd Come For You'' for instance and it'd be cool if AB did something like that. Oh wait, they've got WOY vid that contains some scenes cut from VH1's Celebrity Rehab and I liked that.

I think it's more that they just can't be bothered and don't see the point more than anything. It's nice for fans and all, but they probably just don't see it as a priority to spend time and money on. Performance videos can be cool, but I agree that live ones tend to be extremely lame.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Ubik wrote:
Decay wrote:

I think it's more that they just can't be bothered and don't see the point more than anything. It's nice for fans and all, but they probably just don't see it as a priority to spend time and money on. Performance videos can be cool, but I agree that live ones tend to be extremely lame.
Yeah, I think you're right.

But they've got some time off now, so they could film a video as a promo for the 1st single.
It might bring some people to the AB board who are still unaware of them.
Nobody's telling them, ''You guys have to make music videos''. If they don't feel like doing it, don't, it's their music I care about the most.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

You never know, after the success of Isolation they might think it worthwhile this time round. They do tend to get the most hits on youtube and the like.