The 4th Album - FORTRESS - Discuss The Album Here!

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: The 4th Album - FORTRESS - Discuss The Album Here!

Post by Ubik »

Yesterday on twitter. You're always going to be disappointed as an artist when your stuff is being shared illegally, but the vast majority was just eager fans that couldn't wait to hear new stuff. Response has been extremely positive so it's no bad thing really.
For all of the hope that it brings...

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Yeah, well..if I was him, I'd be kinda disappointed too. All that hard work, then it gets leaked. But, at least it's doing so well. I'm addicted to it, no pun intended. :)

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

100 pages!
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Ubik wrote:Yesterday on twitter. You're always going to be disappointed as an artist when your stuff is being shared illegally, but the vast majority was just eager fans that couldn't wait to hear new stuff. Response has been extremely positive so it's no bad thing really.
:yeahthat

I mean, everything gets leaked nowadays, you can't preserve it.
The artists have to deal with it, yet it's frustrating. All that money, blood, sweat and tears that go into the process just kinda go to waste... I don't know about the rest of the world, but here in my country (Serbia), it's not about if the music/product's bought as much to what extent is listened...

- Anyways, I'd be really disappointed if Fortress didn't blow up the charts, if it wasn't in top 10 on US Billboard (since it is the biggest charts). I'm sure it'll do great on the rest, AB III did.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

You always gotta find the positives in these things though. I mean, it pretty much a done deal that the album is going to be leaked early... it happens to every album. But the response from the fans has been overwhelmingly positive so far. That's a huge accomplishment. Its been out for mere hours but people are at the edge of their seats waiting for the first opportunity to hear it. Thats fantastic IMO

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

For a band that is notoriously NEVER ready I find it very interesting that they had the Visualizer clip ready when by all accounts they released it about a week early.

...I'm not saying I think someone leaked it on purpose to gauge fan response but...

They had that video ready a week in advance? Not the AB product mgmt I know and love. lol

*cough* BOX SET *cough*

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

That's a very good point... If Mark's disappointed that it was getting released so early how did they have that video ready so quick?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

To be really honest, that video doesn't look like it was the hardest thing to put together..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Cariocawlad
Bought The CDs

Post by Cariocawlad »

Jim wrote:I appreciate the effort you've put in with a sig and avatar ^^ Welcome!!
Thanks Jim. I'm here since One Day Remains time but with the forums changes I lost my posts.

AB FOREVER!

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

Am I the only one who thinks it's really odd how they say fortress is this 7 plus minute epic but they haven't once mentioned cry being epic and it's potentially longer than fortress lol. I hope they are both epic

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I think Fortress is going to be a bit more moody like Blackbird (and therefore 'epic') and suspect Cry Of Achilles is going to be a heavier track like Slip To The Void. Maybe Cry Of Achilles was the song Elvis called 'An opus of badassness' (or something like that) and not Fortress, which we first thought.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

SoYourAfraid_SDMF wrote:Am I the only one who thinks it's really odd how they say fortress is this 7 plus minute epic but they haven't once mentioned cry being epic and it's potentially longer than fortress lol. I hope they are both epic
I think Cry of Achilles was rumoured to be a jot over 7 minutes, Fortress is about 7 and a half.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Timotheus wrote:To be really honest, that video doesn't look like it was the hardest thing to put together..
It looks like it couldve taken 6 hours to make... The song leaked 27 hours earlier..

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Jim wrote:Twitter. Tremonti Italia tweeted him saying how sad it is it got out early.. He replied "it's definitely a huge disappointment"
she sucks up to him so badly it kind of gets annoying. But she always is the first one to post something new on twitter so I'll give her that!

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Post by Felipesh »

The Youtube 'Visualizer' video would have more view if they let the video being watched by everyone, just the people who have the link can watch it

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

Cthree922012 wrote:
Jim wrote:Twitter. Tremonti Italia tweeted him saying how sad it is it got out early.. He replied "it's definitely a huge disappointment"
she sucks up to him so badly it kind of gets annoying. But she always is the first one to post something new on twitter so I'll give her that!
Our site broke the name of the Single AND the original release date. So no.
We pretty regularly take turns "posting info first". :-)

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Felipesh wrote:The Youtube 'Visualizer' video would have more view if they let the video being watched by everyone, just the people who have the link can watch it
I agree, but I think that's also the point of putting the video on a big website (I think that site gets a lot of traffic anyways). The video is embedded on the site so the idea is that people will watch it there or click the Watch on Youtube button, either way it generates traffic for the site and lets people hear the song. I do agree though that it would make sense to have the video be public so people could just search for the song and get the video.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Inconquerable, who made that sig? That's pretty badass!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Timotheus wrote:Inconquerable, who made that sig? That's pretty badass!
Oh thanks! I made it. I just whipped it together in a couple of minutes before supper. =P

Decay

Post by Decay »

Inconquerable wrote:
Felipesh wrote:The Youtube 'Visualizer' video would have more view if they let the video being watched by everyone, just the people who have the link can watch it
I agree, but I think that's also the point of putting the video on a big website (I think that site gets a lot of traffic anyways). The video is embedded on the site so the idea is that people will watch it there or click the Watch on Youtube button, either way it generates traffic for the site and lets people hear the song. I do agree though that it would make sense to have the video be public so people could just search for the song and get the video.
It's public now.