European Summer Tour

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Re: European Summer Tour

Post by austinjhnsn »

Myles sounds stellar.
Thanks Timo!

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Mr. Slash wrote:Seems like Myles' voice is in a really good shape. At least he sounds much better than on the Wembley DVD.
The 2 main factors for this are:
1. They've moved him on stage so he can actually hear not only himself, but EVERYTHING
2. They're playing at the correct tempo, thus creating little MINUTES of extra breathing time per set. That, alongside his ability to hear his voice AND guitar will be 2 huge reasons for him sounding the best he has in maybe 5 years with Alter Bridge

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I agree Jim.

Another factor to involve in all of this is that, in 2011, Myles had played probably around 150 shows between AB and Slash, so when the time came to play the last show in Europe at Wembley, Myles' voice was beaten and tired.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

True, but he sounded a lot better the second time they were in Europe though, so his voice on the DVD could've been a lot worse. The first part of the AB III tour he was completely burned out.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Yeah he was pretty shaky for a while there, poor guy was touring non stop. His voice just sounds more pure now than it has in a while, instead of the thinner voice. I honestly cant wait to see what they bring out for Download, hope they do something special. Wont be let down either way, surprise song or not, its getting filmed... Hopefully.

Edit: shaky might be harsh, but you know what i mean.
Thanks Timo!

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

Can't Stijn tell the guys from Alter Bridge that they have to play Words? It worked out with Fortress.. So..

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

RoelSmoel wrote:Can't Stijn tell the guys from Alter Bridge that they have to play Words? It worked out with Fortress.. So..
That's going to be impossible to get them to play Words now. Flip, on the video stream that me and Andy saw, said that Myles is afraid that if he hits that huge high note at the end, he's going to blow his voice out and then a lot of things are going to be ruined. Andy, then, said that Myles doesn't need to pull that note during the song. We just want to hear the song and hear Mark/Myles sing in a conversation manner. Flip agrees, but he said that Myles thinks that that note is a big part of the song (and I think, to some, it probably is).

However, when Flip was speaking to a fan in Israel, he did said that if they do ever get the call to play in Israel, the possibilities of it getting played is higher (take it for what it is).

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

Mr. Slash wrote:Seems like Myles' voice is in a really good shape. At least he sounds much better than on the Wembley DVD.
and still Myles wasn't 100% happy with his voice..! But he takes good care of it, being careful with what he eats (he should eat more though.. lol)

Also, the guys were very doubtful over the performance, both he and mark kept asking "how was the crowd?" and added "looked good from up there" and went on adding "what did you think of the setlist?"
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

You should've told them the crowd was shit during Come To Life and White Knuckles ;)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

Timotheus wrote:You should've told them the crowd was shit during Come To Life and White Knuckles ;)
lol.. that's kinda cruel.. however, I DID tell them I personally missed Fortress and around me I heard people say they were hoping to hear Waters Rising!
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

Rock in idro 2014
[youtube]http://youtu.be/i7V9UkaYlz8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/caZV2mxfRxQ[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/TYpTAAZbJ6c[/youtube]
PHOTOSHOPPING IS FOR SCHMUCKS

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Fortress, nice!

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DRKsXEtFN8 Myles hitting the big note during Find the Real

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

That was a great performance of Fortress!
Thanks Timo!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Fantastic performance! Loved the little ending they added on.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

Sorry guys. Why is the audience so rubbish? Are people fed-up with pure rock shows or what?
I saw lation
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

GazEd wrote:Sorry guys. Why is the audience so rubbish? Are people fed-up with pure rock shows or what?
Guess they save their euphoria for the upcoming Football (Soccer) Worldcup. Even though the Italians won't have anything to be euphoric about. :D :P

Or they are just some average festival idiots who only visit events like that to feel cool and not to celebrate the amazing music. At least at Rock am Ring there are a whole bunch of them. Last year most of them didn't even know who Corey Taylor is and they asked themselves why the singer of Stone Sour sounds like the singer of Slipknot. :D

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

Alter Bridge live @ Fortarock

[youtube]http://youtu.be/NGzrThGd1b4[/youtube]

====================================================================

Live in Rock in Idro

[youtube]http://youtu.be/jtuWhsiCnOQ[/youtube]
PHOTOSHOPPING IS FOR SCHMUCKS

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

GazEd wrote:Sorry guys. Why is the audience so rubbish? Are people fed-up with pure rock shows or what?
Most of them were there to see Iron Maiden and is probably not familiar on how an Alter Bridge show works. Gosh, I really hope the Download crowd know how it works. Most people in the forums know who they are really well.
Mr. Slash wrote: Or they are just some average festival idiots who only visit events like that to feel cool and not to celebrate the amazing music. At least at Rock am Ring there are a whole bunch of them. Last year most of them didn't even know who Corey Taylor is and they asked themselves why the singer of Stone Sour sounds like the singer of Slipknot. :D
Do people don't even go to Wikipedia anymore to research something before diving into it, even if you are not going to become a fan afterwards?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

You can't go crazy all the time a festival, definitely if the festival lasts more than a day.. It's exhausting and just not possible for everybody. Discovering new bands live at a festival is also a lot more fun than looking them up before the show imo. In situations like that it's a lot more fun to just stand there and listen to the band in stead of going crazy.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.