Official "The Last Hero" Thread (pre-release discussion)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Re: Official "The Last Hero" Thread

Post by AllC392Was »

Damn leaked already? Are we allowed to talk about favorites or opinions? I'm gonna do my best not to listen to snippets or stuff like that but I love hearing peoples thoughts!

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

1. I'd just like to say that "Breathe" being U.S. Best Buy-only is kind of a slap in the face to everybody who's been there since the beginning. It was also probably the ONE FOOLPROOF WAY OF ENCOURAGING LESS PIRACY.

2. HOLY SHIT "BREATHE" IS BEING RELEASED.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

AllC392Was wrote:Damn leaked already? Are we allowed to talk about favorites or opinions? I'm gonna do my best not to listen to snippets or stuff like that but I love hearing peoples thoughts!
I don't think we are unless we got it through "legal" means

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

devv88 wrote:1. I'd just like to say that "Breathe" being U.S. Best Buy-only is kind of a slap in the face to everybody who's been there since the beginning. It was also probably the ONE FOOLPROOF WAY OF ENCOURAGING LESS PIRACY.

2. HOLY SHIT "BREATHE" IS BEING RELEASED.
You know that they release geographic/retail exclusive songs almost every time.. yes?

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

devv88 wrote:1. I'd just like to say that "Breathe" being U.S. Best Buy-only is kind of a slap in the face to everybody who's been there since the beginning.
I feel your pain, I really do... but as an American... AMERICA FTW!!!! BREATHE. OMFG.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Never thought in a million years that Breathe would become available! Especially not 4 records later :lol That has me so excited!

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

I wonder if its the original recording, or a re-recording? Like is it going to sound like ODR production or their current production?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote:I wonder if its the original recording, or a re-recording? Like is it going to sound like ODR production or their current production?
Part of me wants it to be original just so we can hear 2004 Myles again, but an updated version wouldn't sound so...old. So there's a trade-off.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I was wondering that too... like i mean, they could've just recorded it again in Napalm.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB23 wrote:I was wondering that too... like i mean, they could've just recorded it again in Napalm.
I wonder who's idea it was to get it released, though. Napalms or the bands? Can a record label make those requests/decisions?

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Marshall wrote:There is no unwarranted hostility, but keep in mind that we never would release a review based on leaks/snippets!

We didn't even know that TABN will do their own review, so this is probably gonna be your first source for getting detailed information that you are asking for. We just wanted to keep the die-hards informed.
Appreciate ya! Yeah we'll be putting out our own review to the Alter Bridge Nation, on all our platforms VERY soon.

Also, your signature needs readjusting, it is FAR too big and goes against our signature sizing rules. Cheers

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

AllC392Was wrote:Damn leaked already? Are we allowed to talk about favorites or opinions? I'm gonna do my best not to listen to snippets or stuff like that but I love hearing peoples thoughts!
We'd appreciate it if people didn't.

The album isn't even out for another 3+ weeks. We'd really like this place to be buzzing on release day instead of it being old news because everyone downloaded a leaked copy and ruined it, ya know?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Mark's been trying to release those b-sides for years, I imagine Wind-Up getting bought probably helped things along.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Are Wind Up even still going?! Lol

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote:Mark's been trying to release those b-sides for years, I imagine Wind-Up getting bought probably helped things along.
That's true! Too bad it was only Breathe. Hopefully they can record any other old b-sides they had from that time and release them too! *cough* Cruel Sun *cough*

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Id love to hear Solace and On My Way Now

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AllC392Was wrote:Id love to hear Solace and On My Way Now
On My Way Now For sure. But I have a feeling not even studio version would beat that YouTube video version :cloud9 Especially with the current Myles.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

N'aww, those days

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Jim wrote:

N'aww, those days
I wonder if the people who attended that performance even remember that song :headscratch

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

Why did the audience have to prematurely ejaculate during the high note at the end? damn