AB IV Writing/Recording Sessions

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Jim
Blood Machines

Re: AB IV Writing Sessions

Post by Jim »

The longer this record takes to make, the better. These guys are like sponges, and the more they work and relax during this process; the better Alter Bridge record we'll get!

Myles hasnt been home for what seems like 2 years lol, i hope he gets some good time off and creates something like Coeur D'Alene again

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I honestly think he'll be playing guitar in a few days because he's bored :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I dont think a day goes by where Myles doesnt play guitar dude..

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Haha probably! :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Jim wrote:The longer this record takes to make, the better. These guys are like sponges, and the more they work and relax during this process; the better Alter Bridge record we'll get!

Myles hasnt been home for what seems like 2 years lol, i hope he gets some good time off and creates something like Coeur D'Alene again
i said this and i got accused of being negative...

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Standing in the sun inspiration right here.

Post by zazthespaz »

AB23 wrote:
Jim wrote:The longer this record takes to make, the better. These guys are like sponges, and the more they work and relax during this process; the better Alter Bridge record we'll get!

i said this and i got accused of being negative...
Dude. Quit being a negative nancy.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Come to Life and Buried Alive were tinkered with too much if anything.
For all of the hope that it brings...

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Ubik wrote:Come to Life and Buried Alive were tinkered with too much if anything.
That's an interesting statement.

The old (e.g. Pinkpop) versions of those songs definitely hold a special place in my heart. But I love the album versions as well. I wouldn't say one was any better than the other.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Ubik wrote:Come to Life and Buried Alive were tinkered with too much if anything.
Buried alive - Yes
The intro of the old live version was so good.. The verse riff was also so much heavier after the intro.

Come to Life - No
I've never been a huge fan of the old version, though I think they never should've replaced the 'Mesiah' line.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

Could not agree with you more here Jim I really like AB3 but blackbird has their best song blackbird and some.of.marks best solos in bns bb and wo.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I hope Myles spends some of his home/vacation time laying down vocals for his solo album.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Timotheus wrote:
Buried alive - Yes
The intro of the old live version was so good.. The verse riff was also so much heavier after the intro.

Come to Life - No
I've never been a huge fan of the old version, though I think they never should've replaced the 'Mesiah' line.
I loved the *thump thump* interest in "Buried Alive". Not sure the verse was any heavier really - wasn't it the same riff? And the pre-chorus was nothing to write home about. I still love both versions though.

Agreed about the messiah line in "Come to Life". I guess they didn't want to stir up a controversy, which I can understand.
gbruin wrote:I hope Myles spends some of his home/vacation time laying down vocals for his solo album.
That would be a nice surprise! It would be amazing if he did it in secret, and surprised us with a release date at some point. I won't be disappointed if he doesn't though; the guy deserves a rest.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

abw1987 wrote:
Timotheus wrote:
Buried alive - Yes

Come to Life - No
I loved the *thump thump* interest in "Buried Alive". Not sure the verse was any heavier really - wasn't it the same riff? And the pre-chorus was nothing to write home about. I still love both versions though.

Agreed about the messiah line in "Come to Life". I guess they didn't want to stir up a controversy, which I can understand.
It wasn't heavier, but it sounded heavier because it came out of a moodier, less heavy intro. I agree about the pre chorus though!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Come To Life from 2006 was one of the greatest things this band ever produced, I was genuinely gutted when they changed it. It was by far my favourite song leading up to the Camden show.

If they spend ALOT of time on this, hopefully enough time/shows/requests have happened now to know what we want to hear and what they want us to hear.

BennyWhatever
Loyal Follower

Post by BennyWhatever »

cointurtlemoose wrote:Wooooooooooooo AB!!
ZOMG It's CTM and Wooooooooooooo AB!!!
:yeahthat

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

I am not your new messiah and I will not take you higher.

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

Timotheus wrote:
abw1987 wrote:
Timotheus wrote:
Buried alive - Yes

Come to Life - No

It wasn't heavier, but it sounded heavier because it came out of a moodier, less heavy intro. I agree about the pre chorus though!
I had never paid attention that they changed that song. Now I have to look it up.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Roneit wrote:
Timotheus wrote:
abw1987 wrote:
Timotheus wrote:
Buried alive - Yes

Come to Life - No

I had never paid attention that they changed that song. Now I have to look it up.
http://www.marktremonti.net/menu.php?mid=pinkpop2006

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

That ^

EPIC.