Noticing The Little Things (On All Albums)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Re: Noticing The Little Things (On All Albums)

Post by austinjhnsn »

Did anyone notice how in the beginning of All Hope is Gone, there is a guitar bend that fades into Myles voice then back into a guitar sound. I wonder if myles mimmicked the guitar bend then they blended it. Thats not the only time its happened on ABIII.
Thanks Timo!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

austinjhnsn wrote:Did anyone notice how in the beginning of All Hope is Gone, there is a guitar bend that fades into Myles voice then back into a guitar sound. I wonder if myles mimmicked the guitar bend then they blended it. Thats not the only time its happened on ABIII.
I think you may be right but I always thought that was just some good vibrato. Never really noticed Myles' voice before.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
austinjhnsn wrote:Did anyone notice how in the beginning of All Hope is Gone, there is a guitar bend that fades into Myles voice then back into a guitar sound. I wonder if myles mimmicked the guitar bend then they blended it. Thats not the only time its happened on ABIII.
I think you may be right but I always thought that was just some good vibrato. Never really noticed Myles' voice before.
Yeah, it happened once or twice more on ABIII, i think its a pretty cool idea to blend his voice and guitar, it sounds good.
Thanks Timo!

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Forgot about that one. I never knew if it was Myle's voice or a guitar vibrato.

HappyHogJens
White Knuckled

Post by HappyHogJens »

Slip to the Void - 2:34: Someone repeatedly shouts "Go! Go! Go! Go!" but imo it doesn't sound like Myles or Mark in any way. Anyone know who that is?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

HappyHogJens wrote:Slip to the Void - 2:34: Someone repeatedly shouts "Go! Go! Go! Go!" but imo it doesn't sound like Myles or Mark in any way. Anyone know who that is?
I'm sure that's Myles.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

HappyHogJens wrote:Slip to the Void - 2:34: Someone repeatedly shouts "Go! Go! Go! Go!" but imo it doesn't sound like Myles or Mark in any way. Anyone know who that is?
Never noticed that before. I think it's just a delay effect of Myles vox.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Isn't the same thing on "Still Remains" aswell? Probably it's just Mark trying to scare off one of Myles' pugs which were disturbing him during the vocal recordings. :shifty :D

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I've just started to notice the second guitar during the Bleed it Dry solo.

It's got the finger picking while Myles is singing right before the solo starts but it seems to continue with just several of those notes once Mark comes in. It's so eerie and the perfect backing. I have to rewind that solo at least half a dozen times whenever it comes on.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Fish Tacos wrote:I've just started to notice the second guitar during the Bleed it Dry solo.

It's got the finger picking while Myles is singing right before the solo starts but it seems to continue with just several of those notes once Mark comes in. It's so eerie and the perfect backing. I have to rewind that solo at least half a dozen times whenever it comes on.
How the hell you haven't noticed that before? Are you talking about Myles rhythm finger picking clean guitar playing some jazzy chords in the background?
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Dolo wrote:
How the hell you haven't noticed that before? Are you talking about Myles rhythm finger picking clean guitar playing some jazzy chords in the background?
It starts around the 3 minute mark. It's hard to hear it 100% but I think while it shares some of the same notes from the finger picking portion it's a different pattern. I think I've missed it up to this point because I usually blast the crap out of this song with the bass all the way up in my car so the bass guitar, drums and Mark usually drown it out.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Do you mean the delay? Does it continue when the second part with the distortion part kicks in?
Last edited by Timotheus on Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Fish Tacos wrote: It starts around the 3 minute mark. It's hard to hear it 100% but I think while it shares some of the same notes from the finger picking portion it's a different pattern. I think I've missed it up to this point because I usually blast the crap out of this song with the bass all the way up in my car so the bass guitar, drums and Mark usually drown it out.
I'm pretty sure that it is the same track, or they sound exactly the same. There may be a little more delay/reverb in it, as soon as Mark's solo kicks in, but this is probably the same passage.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

MylesKennedyIsGod
White Knuckled

Post by MylesKennedyIsGod »

I've listened to Peace is Broken probably 300-400 times now...and I just realized how great 3:55-4:18 is. With Mark matching the chorus a little and then the part he plays when Myles starts to sing 'broken' at 4:09 :headbang
Thanks DonHarry!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Yes. I love when Mark's solo's match the melody of the songs like that. Peace Is Broken's solo is great. The beginning of the solo in Water's Rising sings the melody as well.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

itaughttremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Post by itaughttremonti »

Macca wrote:There's this bit on Blackbird, I dunno if anyone else has ever heard it. But right after Myles sings "Someday I too will fly and find you again" and before Mark's solo, if you listen really carefully you can hear Myles play a guitar solo.
I literally snorted out laughing at this at work...

Trelose
Loyal Follower

Post by Trelose »

Probably everyone already noticed, but I noticed some strings on In Loving Memory towards the end. o.o
I wanna rise today... And change this world...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I was listening to Calm The Fire today with headphones on my way home from work and I don't know why but the ending of the song really hit me this time. Just the way Myles says the word love twice and the emotion behind them and how sustained they were. :cloud9 :mkrules I'd love to hear them like that live. It'd sound amazing. Too bad he usually cuts them short. Or they just don't sound as powerful.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Has anyone mentioned the soft vocalizing Myles does in WDTTW during the intro and I think through most of the rest of the song? It's buried behind his regular vocals and the guitars but you can really hear it with headphones. It's not words.

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

I was listening New Way to Live today with my headphones and after the solo I've never actually noticed Myles saying (and by saying, I mean, literally just talking, not singing, almost just whispering) "I just can't take this anymore" two times, each time in each side of the speakers.

Did somebody notice this too?