The 4th Album - FORTRESS - Discuss The Album Here!

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Dayviewer
Isolated

Re: The 4th Album

Post by Dayviewer »

Heretic wrote:Alter Bridge's next album will be Post-Experimental Black Metal. Myles will gargle saltwater for 90% of the album's vocals.
:lol
Formerly known as Benjami

\m/>.<\m/
Bought The CDs

Post by \m/>.<\m/ »

Yeah I like the idea of AB doing a full on concept album, kinda like a Pink Floyd sorta thing where the songs sorta blend into each other. Whatever it is that they do though, the one thing that they absolutely HAVE to do is evolve. Whether that means evolving stylistically or staying the same but making better songs, they've GOT to evolve. That's the only way for a band to grow.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

\m/>.<\m/ wrote:Yeah I like the idea of AB doing a full on concept album, kinda like a Pink Floyd sorta thing where the songs sorta blend into each other.
I am not so sure about that. Since they are not exaclty progressive, they will be not able to write a concept record. They should carry on with songwriting type that they showed on ABIII. And yeah, evolving is a good idea.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

dolo1993 wrote:
\m/>.<\m/ wrote:Yeah I like the idea of AB doing a full on concept album, kinda like a Pink Floyd sorta thing where the songs sorta blend into each other.
I am not so sure about that. Since they are not exaclty progressive, they will be not able to write a concept record. They should carry on with songwriting type that they showed on ABIII. And yeah, evolving is a good idea.
You don't have to be progressive to write a concept record..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

\m/>.<\m/
Bought The CDs

Post by \m/>.<\m/ »

Yeah you definitely don't have to "be progressive" to do a concept record, although putting one together is often times viewed as progressive. It'd just be exciting to hear the guys do something that truly pushes them creatively and artistically y'know?

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Yeah you know maybe 2 or 3 longer songs (anything up to ten minutes or more), 2 or 3 shorter metal songs and 2 or 3 more chilled out songs. Surely that's not out of reach? Variety is the spice 'n all that.

Decay

Post by Decay »

I'd like to hear some piano and strings on their next record.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

MilosAlterBridge701 wrote:I'd like to hear some piano and strings on their next record.
I remember saying this before AB III came out. I'd like to hear Myles singing over a piano on some sort of arrangement.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Andy92 wrote:
MilosAlterBridge701 wrote:I'd like to hear some piano and strings on their next record.
I remember saying this before AB III came out. I'd like to hear Myles singing over a piano on some sort of arrangement.
Yup, me too. He sounds so beautiful and his vocals simply shine on laid back songs and hearing him sing on ''Dreamer'' was beyond amazing. I've always wanted to hear some piano or strings on an AB song.

Benji
Brand New Start

Post by Benji »

I'd like to see Myles bring less of his Slash influence to AB4. Other than that, fire Elvis.

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

I'd love a piano song and a big solo from mark just like black label society do. I'd love for them to fire Elvis but that won't ever happen

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

I love piano but I doubt it would suit AB. I'd love to hear a huge ballad with real strings though.

10topprs
Bought The CDs

Post by 10topprs »

Honestly, I miss the solos Mark used to WRITE... He says on ABIII he was experimenting with just improvising the solos, and I can tell he's done the same thing with last Creed record, and his solo stuff... I liked the structure to his written guitar solos far better... The solos on BB and ODR are so much more appealing to me, personally... The solos on ABIII were such a huge departure from what he usually does... I also miss his old signature tone... SERIOUSLY... It made him HIM... He experimented so much with tone and whatnot over the past 6-8 years he just doesn't sound like Mark Tremonti anymore... The tone on ODR was that signature Tremonti tone! Like the tone from the last 2 Creed records before the split... that's where it's at...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I don't know Jared, I can imagine Breathe Again starting with a piano in the intro/first verse. Then Myles could sing the first chorus with just the piano in a really soft, tender style. The full band could start in during the 2nd verse...I just think that song exploded into a big, boomy chorus too soon. Make a small change like that, gradually build the song up musically/vocally, and that could be one of the best ballads the band has ever done.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

itaughttremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Post by itaughttremonti »

I think my main thing I want from this next album is to not read every little snippet and for
An expectation in my mind beforehand. I'm just now getting to where I can listen to ABIII because I had let it get severely built up in my head and was flat out disappointed. It's a solid album but my least favorite of the 3. AB needs their groove back. Too many riff-driven songs. ODR seemed to have the perfect balance between the two approaches.

/rambling

itaughttremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Post by itaughttremonti »

Form an expectation*

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

10topprs wrote:Honestly, I miss the solos Mark used to WRITE... He says on ABIII he was experimenting with just improvising the solos, and I can tell he's done the same thing with last Creed record, and his solo stuff... I liked the structure to his written guitar solos far better... The solos on BB and ODR are so much more appealing to me, personally... The solos on ABIII were such a huge departure from what he usually does... I also miss his old signature tone... SERIOUSLY... It made him HIM... He experimented so much with tone and whatnot over the past 6-8 years he just doesn't sound like Mark Tremonti anymore... The tone on ODR was that signature Tremonti tone! Like the tone from the last 2 Creed records before the split... that's where it's at...
Totally agree with you. But the solos on AB3 are really good and suit the songs well. Like AHIG solo IKIH solo and fallout. But yeah his tone has changed alot and I do miss that thunderous Tremonti tone what ODR had

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

\m/>.<\m/ wrote:Whatever it is that they do though, the one thing that they absolutely HAVE to do is evolve. Whether that means evolving stylistically or staying the same but making better songs, they've GOT to evolve.
I'm not sure they can or even want to evolve.
Everyone keeps telling them how great they are, and even though they had their doubts about ABIII initially, I'm sure they all think it's a masterpiece now after all the interviews and praise from the fans. Why would they evolve then ?
10topprs wrote:Honestly, I miss the solos Mark used to WRITE... He says on ABIII he was experimenting with just improvising the solos, and I can tell he's done the same thing with last Creed record, and his solo stuff... I liked the structure to his written guitar solos far better... The solos on BB and ODR are so much more appealing to me, personally... The solos on ABIII were such a huge departure from what he usually does... I also miss his old signature tone... SERIOUSLY... It made him HIM... He experimented so much with tone and whatnot over the past 6-8 years he just doesn't sound like Mark Tremonti anymore... The tone on ODR was that signature Tremonti tone! Like the tone from the last 2 Creed records before the split... that's where it's at...
Dude, I'm with you.
I spinned ODR yesterday for the first time in ages, and I'm still as impressed by that record as I was 8 years ago. The groove, the clean guitar tone, the solos, the riffs, the bass licks, the lyrics, Myles' voice... Everything is just perfect on that album.

\m/>.<\m/
Bought The CDs

Post by \m/>.<\m/ »

JaredWard wrote:I love piano but I doubt it would suit AB.
That's why they should give it a shot. Not necessarily piano, but at least do something outside of the obvious minor key guitar-riff-based album: they should truly push themselves creatively/artistically. Every band says that they do it, but it seems that very few actually do.
Benji wrote:I'd like to see Myles bring less of his Slash influence to AB4. Other than that, fire Elvis.
Yeah. Maybe they should try Rick Rubin...

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

Piano could easily fit an Alter Bridge song. But at the same time, the kind of parts where other bands might use piano are the parts where Alter Bridge have some clean Tremonti parts and they are some of the best parts. So I'd like to hear a bit of piano or something too but at the same time I don't think it's necessary for Alter Bridge.