Did Coldplay rip off Alter Bridge's Before Tomorrow Comes?

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AB23
Still Remains

Re: Did Coldplay rip off Alter Bridge's Before Tomorrow Come

Post by AB23 »

Ya it was the whole point of the video... minus the other 75 percent of the video where it tries to prove that the guitar strumming/ patterns was the same etc.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Speaking of Coldplay, I just liked Myles' plug on Coldplay (they were the main stage headliners of that day) to the crowd, at the beginning of the video, and people just booed the mention of it.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/ctdv8mkAfag[/youtube]
Last edited by anguyen92 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Which is ridiculous because Myles recognises how genius Coldplay are. There's nobody like them and their live shows are like nothing anyone has ever seen before

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

:yeahthat

Seriously...they may not be everyone's cup of tea, but Coldplay are incredibly talented and creative musicians.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

Sounds pretty similar...Not enough to be infringement but definitely influenced by the song.

Isak
Bought The CDs

Post by Isak »

Jim wrote:Which is ridiculous because Myles recognises how genius Coldplay are. There's nobody like them and their live shows are like nothing anyone has ever seen before
^THIS so much. Coldplay are amazing. Such a unique band and definitely one my favourite bands. I saw them last year in Stockholm and it was one hell of a show with a lot of goose-bumps. They sounded fantastic and I will never forget the view of 33 000 people with glowing bracelets around their wrists dancing. Wow, what a great memory.

I think people are judging them without knowing that much of them. They sure need to sit down and listen to A Rush of Blood to the Head before saying they are sell-outs, bad musicians or whatever.
LÅ, BD, SWE.
When I could only see the floor, you made my window a door
[center]TABN visitor (Issens) since 2008 but I am a shy Swedish reader[/center]

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

duck you coldplay

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Isak wrote:
Jim wrote:Which is ridiculous because Myles recognises how genius Coldplay are. There's nobody like them and their live shows are like nothing anyone has ever seen before
^THIS so much. Coldplay are amazing. Such a unique band and definitely one my favourite bands. I saw them last year in Stockholm and it was one hell of a show with a lot of goose-bumps. They sounded fantastic and I will never forget the view of 33 000 people with glowing bracelets around their wrists dancing. Wow, what a great memory.

I think people are judging them without knowing that much of them. They sure need to sit down and listen to A Rush of Blood to the Head before saying they are sell-outs, bad musicians or whatever.
Maybe I'm just a jaded ass-hole but that kind of thing with the glowing bracelets and the insanely colourful stage set-up always feels like un-necessary gimmickry for me. It's like.. ("Oh, we're playing stadiums now. Hmm, we need something other than our music to keep the chavs engaged. Chavs ruin everything. I KNOW. BRACELETS THAT LIGHT UP") - I've got nothing against them but I do think that standards are slipping just a teensy bit when Coldplay are called... genius. They didn't have much originality to them when they first arrived on the scene but they have even less now. They aren't bad but they aren't really good either, just okay. For me they make nice but un-memorable music - even more so these days as their clear interest in insane popularity has become very obvious. Not that I can fault them for that, I suppose. I mean, most bands/musicians want to become much more popular but I think it's taking the piss once you do a song with Rihanna :lol - Crikey, this post sounded less negative in my head.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Like I said before, I can understand people not liking Coldplay's music, but I don't understand how you could say that they don't have much originality...just listen to their Viva la Vida album and tell me that it sounds unoriginal.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

VigilantSteve wrote:Like I said before, I can understand people not liking Coldplay's music, but I don't understand how you could say that they don't have much originality...just listen to their Viva la Vida album and tell me that it sounds unoriginal.
Ironically they were taken to court over the title track of that album :shifty

Just kidding :lol - If you like them then that's cool, man. I'm not a hater by any means (I like Sparks and I've nodded along to the likes of Fix You, Charlie Brown and a few others) but I just think they are distinctly average really. Maybe one day I'll agree with you though, who knows.

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

Seriously.. I was at that Pinkpop 2011 edition. Myles named Coldplay indeed and Mark had been watching Coldplay with a friend of mine backstage..
He went back to his bunk after a couple of minutes.

I sat in the field, just somewhere in the back, when Coldplay was playing. For me, it sucked that big, I had time to get really wasted in half an hour.. I had just no time to "enjoy" the music. The crowd were just a bunch of 40+ people (no offence) who were standing there like they were watching.. ehm.. dunno.. something really boring.