New Mark and Flip tour interviews

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Will
Still Remains

New Mark and Flip tour interviews

Post by Will »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/yQDNU7FhSUM[/youtube]

Flip talks about changes to setlist and no Creed in the plans.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/k2EJu0n86Wo[/youtube]
PHOTOSHOPPING IS FOR SCHMUCKS

Jim
Blood Machines

Re: New Mark and Flip tour interviews

Post by Jim »

That's because Creed are done.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

That top interview was actually really good! She asked some good questions, which he pretty much gave a round-about answer to each time, but still a good interview!

AB will headlining Download 2nd stage in 2014, mark my words! Glad 2014 is pure Alter Bridge and Tremonti too, nice to have it confirmed as much as we can

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

"We obviously have a new record that we plan on supporting as long as we can. I think after this record and tour which will go through probably all of 2014. After that I'm sure that Myles and Slash will be doing something and I think Mark will do another solo record, and I think following that we'll probably start working on a new Alter Bridge record sometime towards the end of that year, would be my guess but I don't know" - Flip.

That part of the interview coupled with Scott Stapp's "lied to the fans" comment really does make me wonder whether the end is nigh for Creed once again.

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

Marks interviewer certainly likes him!! Haha someone call for a cleaner!!

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Speaking of the Creed situation, there is a part in the latest Stapp interview that was not transcripted. Here is it for you guys :
I kinda know the reality of the situation, but out of respect for relationships and friendships, I have to keep that to myself, but it's one of those situations where there is nothing I can do. We're walking 2 separate paths in life. I've done what I can do and I can go to sleep evey night with a clear conscience. That's all I can do : I can't worry about it.
http://www.hitfix.com/starr-raving/list ... p-of-creed
You can hear it around the 32 minute mark.

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

Jim wrote:That's because Creed are done.
You state this like you know it as fact. Do you?

Speaking of this... I don't want to be the guy that thinks all Mark's lyrics are about Stapp... but that first verse in Waters Rising seem like they could be -

"Now it the end of time a fool and his legacy are gone
His pride found another way to make sure it all went wrong
Awake in a new day our fears have come to pass
And this time they’re gonna last. This time they’re gonna last."

Is he saying that Stapp screwed it up again, and they don't need to be Creed anymore, this time for good?

I hope not.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Vaux wrote:Speaking of this... I don't want to be the guy that thinks all Mark's lyrics are about Stapp... but that first verse in Waters Rising seem like they could be -

Is he saying that Stapp screwed it up again, and they don't need to be Creed anymore, this time for good?

I hope not.
I don't think Mark really cares enough about Stapp to channel any feelings/ill will about him into an Alter Bridge song. I could be wrong but I would honestly be surprised if Mark has Stapp in his thoughts at all when he's in Alter Bridge mode, making these songs. If ever there was a time where Mark could have channelled frustrations about Scott into his writing... I think that time would have been after Creed broke up back in 2004.

Besides.. I think the fool and his pride/legacy isn't about one person - I think it's about the human race in general really, or at least the ones that are in a position to let us down. Humans are the fools and our legacy won't mean a thing come the end of days... because we'll just be gone, you know?

Of course I can't proclaim to know what thoughts are swimming around in Mr Tremonti's head, but that's just how I see it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Vaux wrote:
Jim wrote:That's because Creed are done.
You state this like you know it as fact. Do you?

Speaking of this... I don't want to be the guy that thinks all Mark's lyrics are about Stapp... but that first verse in Waters Rising seem like they could be -

I hope not.
It sure does sound like they're about Creed huh? (I'm not confirming that they are btw)After all the shit that went down at the end of the last tour, the Creed website re-directing to Stapp and him doing Creed songs with another musician on TV shows.. It's safe to say, alongside Alter Bridge doing VERY well out of these Arena shows in the UK; that Creed are no longer required.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

I honestly hope Creed is done for good now. They will never make anything close to what Alter Bridge are doing or what Creed did in the Human Clay days.

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

At this point Creed is no longer needed. They have enough avenues to express themselves. They could careless about Creed lets just Let it Die!
PHOTOSHOPPING IS FOR SCHMUCKS

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

Will wrote:At this point Creed is no longer needed. They have enough avenues to express themselves. They could careless about Creed lets just Let it Die!
Honestly, I think Full Circle was good but overtime, it was all over the place. Yeah I think they're no longer needed.

Lenishere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lenishere »

Did this interviewer seriously just ask if they would "play Myles songs or Creed's songs during the tour"? And did it really say there was a "new pop direction" to Fortress? No offense to them, but this person is seriously uninformed about the band in many ways...

EDIT: Just in case it wasn't clear, I was talking about the Scott interview, not the Mark one. The Mark one was a great interview.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Whaat? That was really silly and ignorant, on interviewer's part.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Didn't have the time to watch these interviews yet, but "no Creed in the plans" -> YEEHAH! More time for Alter Bridge!

Decay

Post by Decay »

Man, am I glad about that.

No Creed in sight, more AB! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Now how do we get Slash to quit. :lol

:shifty
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Andy92 wrote:Now how do we get Slash to quit. :lol

It's simple, we convince a very good singer (maybe Corey Taylor?) join Velvet Revolver and convince Slash/Duff/Matt that he is right for the gig. :shifty

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

I guess there's nothing wrong in having another project where the AB guys can get a little inspiration, the quality of new albums should only benefit from that, so probably keeping that Slash thing alive is okay. I just don't think that Creed is benificial in any ways, cause Scott Stapp sucks and Creed can't compete with AB in any way.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Is that even possible? I think he'd give up his both nuts, just to keep Myles with him. :lol