AB Box Set

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Crashie
Brand New Start

Re: AB Box Set

Post by Crashie »

It is very difficult to justify the price but I immediately felt it was something I wanted to be a part of.

Dayviewer
Isolated

Post by Dayviewer »

B-Sides would be the only reason for me to buy it, and would be a MAJOR selling point, and they're not even listed.
Even if Dan hints that they might be in there with the whole ''not everything is listed hurrr'' then he's still making a big mistake with that.
Formerly known as Benjami

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I thought that there would be loads of material included that I've never seen before and I thought that I'll be able to look back and say that I got the best thing they ever sold. I'm assuming the b sides won't be included at this moment. If they are its just an added bonus

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

Everyone who is an AB fan on this board should buy this...die hard fans which we all are, followed the bands every move ups and downs! This is a piece of history...when they sell out which they will I'm 100% sure no one is gona sell them so you all have to live with that! Apart from all that it's supporting our band which is the reason where all here!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

If I'm not able to purchase it due to low funds I'll just wait 10 years and buy XX :lol

Stuzz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Stuzz »

It makes me so angry that i can't buy this, unfortunately i'm a poor student and uni and i really can't afford $250 US which is around $310 NZ i'm broke as it is :'(

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

benjoAB wrote:Everyone who is an AB fan on this board should buy this...die hard fans which we all are, followed the bands every move ups and downs! This is a piece of history...when they sell out which they will I'm 100% sure no one is gona sell them so you all have to live with that! Apart from all that it's supporting our band which is the reason where all here!
I couldn't have said it better myself

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Stuzz wrote:It makes me so angry that i can't buy this, unfortunately i'm a poor student and uni and i really can't afford $250 US which is around $310 NZ i'm broke as it is :'(
Don't fret it, man.

There's quite a good possibility that half (if not most of) the video content in the box will end up on You-Tube at some point. And then there's the DVD's of Amsterdam and Wembley that you could buy separately at any point (if you don't already own them of course) - Sure.. you'll miss out on the autographed poster, the coffee table book, the box itself and some other bits and bobs. In fact.. maybe you'll miss on quite a few cool things.

But, at the end of the day... the most important thing is the music. It's the music that stays with you, everything else is just the fancy ribbon on top. Let's face it, if you became a radical minimalist twenty years from now you'd only keep the records and the DVD's (well, I don't know actually, that's up to you, haha) You not being able to afford this thing won't make you any less of a fan :)

Stuzz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Stuzz »

That's very true man, I already have everything you can already get from it, heck I bought the shirt/litho edition and on my budget I reckon that's dedication! AB forever <3

BastiMix
Loyal Follower

Post by BastiMix »

Okay, I did it.... and.... order #666 :D
Please give them a like :)

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

benjoAB wrote:Everyone who is an AB fan on this board should buy this...die hard fans which we all are, followed the bands every move ups and downs! This is a piece of history...when they sell out which they will I'm 100% sure no one is gona sell them so you all have to live with that! Apart from all that it's supporting our band which is the reason where all here!
You say this but people have to understand that 250 bucks is a lot of money which a lot of people need. If I had children I would spend it on them instead and not think twice about it. Also must remember that many people here, including myself, are attending a college which leaves their budget thin. I was lucky though and had money saved up in preparation for the time pre order would be available. But if they can't buy it its not a big deal. Its not like some prestigious club or something that 250 bucks is going to get you. There are much more important things in life that people could spend it on. I'm willing to bet that if anybody here at an extra 250 to blow they would buy it no problem

Redmond
Bought The CDs

Post by Redmond »

BastiMix wrote:Okay, I did it.... and.... order #666 :D
Crap you bet me to it :lol, would of been sweet to get order #666. Mine is #669

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

thanks to the early countdown people have been able to save up since may this year ;)
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

DeadCell
Come To Life

Post by DeadCell »

You donr have to buy a $250 fluff filled box set to prove your loyalty to a band. The box set was poorly assembled, FACT. A DVD and Blu-ray copy of one show, plus a DVD, Blu-ray, AND 3D Blu-ray copy of the other. Here's a hint, DVD's are just a year or so from becoming obsolete, why include them? And 3D still hasn't caught on, just give us the regular Blu-rays and trade the other crap for vinyls of the studio albums, NOW THAT SOUNDS BETTER.

Then they include all of these webisodes, which will probably make up a whole 20 minute disc, which I could also watch on youtube. I'm sorry, whoever bought this has your reason and I respect that. But, this should habe waited another 10 years. There is not enough real content to justify the price, at least, for a hardcore AB fan who already owns this stuff anyway. Give me something besides a few concert DVD's. As others have said, B-sides would be a big selling point, I don't care if theyre having copyright issues or not. Dan should have listed it as special bonus conted. BUT that would have tied their hands. And in the instance that it all fell through, they would have alot of upset fans.

Point is, I work hard for my money. So they're going to have to work harder to get me to spend it. And this is a pathetic effort.

Midnight-FistFight
Brand New Start

Post by Midnight-FistFight »

To be honest I am a bit apprehensive now I've bought it! Hopefully whatever 'surprises' there are lets me justify it to my bank balance a little more!

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I'm pretty sure a lot of the webisodes are going to be newer and better than the last time...
Thanks Timo!

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

DeadCell wrote:
You donr have to buy a $250 fluff filled box set to prove your loyalty to a band. The box set was poorly assembled, FACT. A DVD and Blu-ray copy of one show, plus a DVD, Blu-ray, AND 3D Blu-ray copy of the other. Here's a hint, DVD's are just a year or so from becoming obsolete, why include them? And 3D still hasn't caught on, just give us the regular Blu-rays and trade the other crap for vinyls of the studio albums, NOW THAT SOUNDS BETTER.

Then they include all of these webisodes, which will probably make up a whole 20 minute disc, which I could also watch on youtube. I'm sorry, whoever bought this has your reason and I respect that. But, this should habe waited another 10 years. There is not enough real content to justify the price, at least, for a hardcore AB fan who already owns this stuff anyway. Give me something besides a few concert DVD's. As others have said, B-sides would be a big selling point, I don't care if theyre having copyright issues or not. Dan should have listed it as special bonus conted. BUT that would have tied their hands. And in the instance that it all fell through, they would have alot of upset fans.

Point is, I work hard for my money. So they're going to have to work harder to get me to spend it. And this is a pathetic effort.
Dan said there is a few surprises so I want to be part of that, hell I want anythin AB even I'm duplicating the many albums I've bought or DVDs, some people on here bought fortress 3 or 4 times...it's what we do!! You don't even know of the copyright issues have been resolved, what a surprise that would be! DVDs will alway be around, Blu ray players play DVDs remember? How exactly are you helpin the band by watching videos on youtube?
I don't think you need to buy it to prove your loyalty to a band at all, it's a piece of history, something unique that only 3,000 AB fans will ever get the chance to buy...that's way cooler than any box set you could come up with!

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

There are gonna be a few surprises but most, if not all of the material is gonna end up on youtube. There are many more important things in the world that people have to invest in then a widely successful band. I'm just playing devil's advocate here because I bought one myself. But if someone has a kid then I think it should be universally understandable if they do not want to spend the money on someone's word who has been very difficult to deal with in the past.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

AB23 wrote:
You say this but people have to understand that 250 bucks is a lot of money which a lot of people need. If I had children I would spend it on them instead and not think twice about it. Also must remember that many people here, including myself, are attending a college which leaves their budget thin. I was lucky though and had money saved up in preparation for the time pre order would be available. But if they can't buy it its not a big deal. Its not like some prestigious club or something that 250 bucks is going to get you. There are much more important things in life that people could spend it on. I'm willing to bet that if anybody here at an extra 250 to blow they would buy it no problem
:yeahthat I mean, for me, it's already hard enough to be willing to spend x amount of money on anything that isn't school-related, because my parents already does so much for me to put me into the position I am in. Spending money on entertainment stuff leaves me with somewhat of a guilty conscious.

Obviously, if I had $250 to spend for this box set, I would do it, but I got other priorities over that like college applications and preparing myself for the next step of the future.

I mean, if I miss out on the box set, I just take that as a great sign that AB sold 3000 of a product that includes everything that they done in this 10-year journey and it's a great sign for their future.

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

I have 4 kids myself so I know where your coming from! Everyone is different, my point is people who can afford it but are choosing not to becoz it's already got things in it they have or it's a waste of money! It's the opposite for me anyway