LOVER is the next single

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Lukeage
TABN.com Citizen

Re: LOVER is the next single

Post by Lukeage »

Interesting. Achilles and Lover are probably the 2 songs I skip the most, if any.

Addicted to Pain was a great choice.

I'd have loved to have something like Bleed it Dry, Farther Than the Sun, or Cry a River as the single!

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

You skip Achilles and listen to Cry a River. What the I don't even oh my God holy shit

Decay

Post by Decay »

Cry A River is a beast, whether you like it or not. :D

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Cry of Achilles is probably the best song they've ever done. jush shayin. It's perfect.

Decay

Post by Decay »

I'm not saying it isn't. :) CoA is my favorite song off of Fortress.

But yeah, I do love Cry a River and I don't get all the hate it gets.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Its extremely boring. That is why the hatred is coming from this angle

Decay

Post by Decay »

It's got so much power and intensity. That is why the love is coming from this angle. :D

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I feel like the entire song is sung from one tone. Then the chorus, there is no denying the boredom. There is way too much left in the tank when it comes to the chorus. Then you get to the bridge and its sung in the same fucking tone as the verses. The only positive from it is the riff is above average. Nothing special, but probably top 5 on the album. That's about it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

AB23 wrote:I feel like the entire song is sung from one tone. Then the chorus, there is no denying the boredom. There is way too much left in the tank when it comes to the chorus. Then you get to the bridge and its sung in the same fucking tone as the verses. The only positive from it is the riff is above average. Nothing special, but probably top 5 on the album. That's about it.
Ah, I see.
Well, everything you hate about Cry A River, I love it that much more. :D

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

AB23 wrote:I feel like the entire song is sung from one tone. Then the chorus, there is no denying the boredom. There is way too much left in the tank when it comes to the chorus. Then you get to the bridge and its sung in the same fucking tone as the verses. The only positive from it is the riff is above average. Nothing special, but probably top 5 on the album. That's about it.
I bet you'll love it one day :D

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I'm okay with people liking it, but how can you skip epic songs like lover and achilles but listen to that...

tRuth Alone
Brand New Start

Post by tRuth Alone »

I've posted on another thread about my love for this track but to be honest I don't think it's ever likely to get much airplay in the UK - you're lucky to hear a cut down version "Life Must Go On" once every six months on Planet Rock in my experience. Hopefully that is changing with the new stations coming along, so fingers crossed.

Of course, I guess there will be a video. With lots of footage of the band I hope.

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

I can see why 'Lover' has been picked, it is rather radio friendly. I'm still itching for 'Peace is Broken' to be a single.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

I agree about CaR. The riff is great and I was excited from the clip, but it's my least favorite song on the album. Skip it every time.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

tRuth Alone wrote:I've posted on another thread about my love for this track but to be honest I don't think it's ever likely to get much airplay in the UK - you're lucky to hear a cut down version "Life Must Go On" once every six months on Planet Rock in my experience. Hopefully that is changing with the new stations coming along, so fingers crossed.

Of course, I guess there will be a video. With lots of footage of the band I hope.
Team rock radio are the best for playing Alter Bridge, they've done Cry of Achilles and Fortress a few times, Calm the Fire and Farther than the Sun once, and they've been pimping the hell out of Cry a River of late. Still no Lover though! Which is weird, as it's awesome.
For all of the hope that it brings...

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

I've seen a couple of 'Cry A River' CD singles for sale of ebay today. Looks like it will be a single then.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Really? That's so cool. I love 'Cry A River'. :D

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

Yeah there's about 3 listings I can see at the moment, all auctions although I find £20 for a 1 track cd single a bit excessive.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

AB23 wrote:I'm okay with people liking it
Glad we get your approval, sir

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

RavishingRik wrote:Yeah there's about 3 listings I can see at the moment, all auctions although I find £20 for a 1 track cd single a bit excessive.
Yeah that's a ridiculous price for a CD with one song on it. Obviously it's a rare item but still. If it had some sort of rare song or something else along with it then I would have considered getting it.