Delayed Canada Release

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
dFhimz
TABN.com Citizen

Delayed Canada Release

Post by dFhimz »

I know this was discussed on another thread - just trying to see who here is Canadian and kinda miffed about this delay.

Also, Mark tweeted about the error, so at least the guys are thinking of us!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: Delayed Canada Release

Post by Timotheus »

At least he apologized :) still sucks for you guys..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

dFhimz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by dFhimz »

Timotheus wrote:At least he apologized :) still sucks for you guys..
I appreciated the apology, I know it's not their fault but he still acknowledged us (which is surprising because Canada doesn't seem to exist on AB's planet Earth).

North American tour say what now?
Oh right - American tour.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

dFhimz wrote:
Timotheus wrote:At least he apologized :) still sucks for you guys..
I appreciated the apology, I know it's not their fault but he still acknowledged us (which is surprising because Canada doesn't seem to exist on AB's planet Earth).

North American tour say what now?
Oh right - American tour.
That's so frustrating. I love AB like nothing else, but the business side of the band hasn't always been on top of everything the way it could. I don't know if we should expect the band to be involved in every aspect of the biz like this, but you'd like to think that management could take care of all of this.

I do hope Canada gets included on any North Am tour, though that's always one of my concerns about AB touring N.Am. in January-March. Weather can really screw with a lot of locations. Florida and So Cal are gonna be fine. The ability to travel through the northern states, all of Canada, and here in the mountains is just so unpredictable. Our lone date on the ODR tour was snowed out, we were skipped on the BB tour, and Denver never had an AB show until May 2011 on the ABIII tour. I feel you, Canada.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

It's absurd. There is literally zero reason I can think of (barring lack of interest - maybe?) to not be playing at least a show in Toronto. The CD release thing is bad (really bad), but the fact that they haven't played this country in a decade is downright absurd.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Yeah. Toronto is what, maybe 4 hours from Detroit and less from Rochester? Or 6 hrs from NYC to Montreal. Seems easy to hit a couple big Canadian cities during a NE swing.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

I expected it. With AB III I wasn't able to find a physical copy until 2 or 3 weeks after the 'North American' release. When I did it was basically 5 or 6 bucks more than any other CD at HMV because I assume it was some sort of special order.

But it is what it is. I've begrudgingly accepted it at this point. AB doesn't sell as big in a lot of our markets as they do in in say Europe so obviously they wouldn't be touring here (Unless attached to a large national touring artist). With that being said I'm surprised there isn't some sort of Ontario show because I'm sure that would sell well.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

NytestrykerZ wrote:I expected it. With AB III I wasn't able to find a physical copy until 2 or 3 weeks after the 'North American' release. When I did it was basically 5 or 6 bucks more than any other CD at HMV because I assume it was some sort of special order.

But it is what it is. I've begrudgingly accepted it at this point. AB doesn't sell as big in a lot of our markets as they do in in say Europe so obviously they wouldn't be touring here (Unless attached to a large national touring artist). With that being said I'm surprised there isn't some sort of Ontario show because I'm sure that would sell well.
Get AB hooked up with Big Wreck and I am at that concert no questions asked! Though BW isn't a huge band by any means I'm sure they would do pretty damn well together on a bill.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Inconquerable wrote:
NytestrykerZ wrote:I expected it. With AB III I wasn't able to find a physical copy until 2 or 3 weeks after the 'North American' release. When I did it was basically 5 or 6 bucks more than any other CD at HMV because I assume it was some sort of special order.

Get AB hooked up with Big Wreck and I am at that concert no questions asked! Though BW isn't a huge band by any means I'm sure they would do pretty damn well together on a bill.
You'd be surprised. Every Thornley / Big Wreck show I've been at has been absolutely packed. They have fans from way, way back that never went away.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

That's awesome, I'd love to go see them. My cousin is a huge fan as well from way back when as well, she was the one who introduced me to Breakthrough actually!

dFhimz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by dFhimz »

It would be great to see Monster Truck hit it up with Alter Bridge. Monster Truck is Canadian and has played a lot in Canada and is scheduled for another cross Canada tour. Those guys are absolutely brilliant and these 2 bands together would be a killer set, and should garner interest for smaller venues (which AB allegedly prefers anyways)

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Monster Truck / Big Wreck / Alter Bridge gig in Toronto. Would be the most glorious thing ever.

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

I saw Big Wreck live over the summer. It was certainly packed. Great show. I was actually thinking the same thing, they should tour together here.

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

Throw The Tea Party on that bill while you're at it!