'Fortress - Interviews and YouTube Vids' Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AB23
Still Remains

Re: 'Fortress - Interviews and YouTube Vids' Thread

Post by AB23 »

Okay guys, I definitely liked Fortress better than ABIII. There are only a couple of songs that I would probably skip upon second time through... FTTS and PiB. If I had to rank the songs I'd go CoA and Fortress, then CtF, then AEW, BiD, Lover, WR, and the rest of them are down there. This is gonna grow on me as time goes by. They don't disappoint though! If you're like me, and likes the slower paced, more ballady types I can assure you will still like this one. Its still Alter Bridge even though its a bit heavier. The structures of over half of the songs are unpredictable. One thing that stood out to me were the guitar solos. They are better in this album than any of their others. If I have one complaint... I think it would be Myles... he just doesn't take that many chances I feel like. In Fortress he does, in Lover, CtF, and AEW he sounds pretty great, but everything else is probably my least favorite of the 4 albums. He's still Myles though, and is leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else!

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Guys im serious lol. I just listened to it all. Say what you want though, i dont care haha

Lenishere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lenishere »

AB23 wrote:Guys im serious lol. I just listened to it all. Say what you want though, i dont care haha
Alright. Well I guess we will see when we all get to hear the songs. :shrug

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

AB23 wrote:Guys im serious lol. I just listened to it all. Say what you want though, i dont care haha
Either way, you're just the worst, man :lol If you did just listen to it all and you refuse to share it with others privately = douche move. If you are trolling (likely) then... less of a douche move (just a bit of fun really), but still.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Dan Dando wrote:
AB23 wrote:I think one part went like "If you have nothing else to believe in, keep believing in yourself." Something like that, but it made me smile so big.
"I think one part went like.. "if you have nothing else to believe in, keep believing in yourself." - You think? You mean.. you know.. there's a part like that.. because you read about it in the Classic Rock Magazine article :lol

Dude I havent even been here for a few days lol. The only thing I've seen today was the video with Myles and Mark, then I got the album at about 10 o clock my time. I havent bothered reading the rest of the thread cuz its full of "OMG CANT WAIT" just over and over and over and over and over again

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

AB23 wrote:
Dan Dando wrote:
AB23 wrote:I think one part went like "If you have nothing else to believe in, keep believing in yourself." Something like that, but it made me smile so big.
"I think one part went like.. "if you have nothing else to believe in, keep believing in yourself." - You think? You mean.. you know.. there's a part like that.. because you read about it in the Classic Rock Magazine article :lol

Dude I havent even been here for a few days lol. The only thing I've seen today was the video with Myles and Mark, then I got the album at about 10 o clock my time. I havent bothered reading the rest of the thread cuz its full of "OMG CANT WAIT" just over and over and over and over and over again
"aaaahhhh I love lyrics like those. If they had like 7 more on the album like that I'd be so pleased" - You posted that about the lyrics from the Classic Rock Magazine article on the 11th of September. Booyah.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT SHIT. The message Ab4Lyfe just sent me put me on a gigantic guilt trip. This was planned out since I left for a few days lol. I wanted to leave and then come back saying I had it. I'm sorry guys... I was gonna keep it going but that message got me feeling like a dick. I made it pretty realistic sounding I don't care what any of you guys say lol. I don't have it haha. Before you get too mad... it literally is coming out in less then a week. Like probably 2-4 days... so hopefully that brightened up the hostility.

Please don't delete my posts though... theyre good for the lulz

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Post by Felipesh »

Dan Dando wrote:
AB23 wrote:
Dan Dando wrote:

"aaaahhhh I love lyrics like those. If they had like 7 more on the album like that I'd be so pleased" - You posted that about the lyrics from the Classic Rock Magazine article on the 11th of September. Booyah.
Well played

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Felipesh wrote:
Dan Dando wrote:
AB23 wrote:
Dan Dando wrote:

Well played
FWIW, the lyrics in those articles were different than the ones i posted today... we just found out those lyrics today. That's why the timing was perfect

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

GOT HIM!!!!! Yes, I knew I could do it. I really should've been more like "If I could hear All Ends Well, I'd feel a lot better," but I all I needed to say was dark place. HA!

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Post by Felipesh »

AB23 wrote:ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT SHIT. The message Ab4Lyfe just sent me put me on a gigantic guilt trip. This was planned out since I left for a few days lol. I wanted to leave and then come back saying I had it. I'm sorry guys... I was gonna keep it going but that message got me feeling like a dick. I made it pretty realistic sounding I don't care what any of you guys say lol. I don't have it haha. Before you get too mad... it literally is coming out in less then a week. Like probably 2-4 days... so hopefully that brightened up the hostility.

Please don't delete my posts though... theyre good for the lulz
Anyway, you're a good actor, I almost believe you because of how you describe it :lol

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

He was like "I'm in a dark place right now, and some AB would do me well" and I was like oh for fucks sake.

Completely and whole heartedly gutted.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

BTW, if you guys had just looked at the times I made my "review" posts, you couldve easily seen I was lying. Lover is over 5 minutes long FFS haha

cointurtlemoose
Loyal Follower

Post by cointurtlemoose »

Hahahahahahahaha I love all this.

cointurtlemoose
Loyal Follower

I believed when I first started reading. Then I got suspicious.

Good job though! Haha. Wow we're all so desperate...

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

It's ok man, the troll was pretty legit, but you can't bullshit a bullshitter.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

You guys are taking this incredibly well.

cointurtlemoose
Loyal Follower

AB23 wrote:You guys are taking this incredibly well.
Hah, yeah we are, aren't we? Hm.

I think if there were more people online it might be like a mob thing, calling for your head and all.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

cointurtlemoose wrote:
Hah, yeah we are, aren't we? Hm.

I think if there were more people online it might be like a mob thing, calling for your head and all.
I'd call for his head either way if I wasn't in such a good mood. If he had the album, go for the head. If he was trolling, cut off his nuts and then go for the head.

But I'm in a good mood, so it's all good, bro :)

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

I'm currently making a voodoo doll of you :lol