Listening to Addicted to Pain

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
RuRo
Loyal Follower

Re: Listening to Addicted to Pain

Post by RuRo »

1. Bridge / outro
2. The beginning, with the heavy riffs
3. Solo section
4. It's a heavier style of single, no Rise Today type.
5. It's new Alter Bridge music - new stuff from my favourite band of all time and the band for which every song is something special and worthwhile.

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Post by Felipesh »

Crumbso wrote:
Felipesh wrote:
Jim wrote:Image

Im serious when I'm saying that I love the song :shifty
That's nearly 13 hours! Have you done nothing but have it on repeat?

I've just listened one other song since Addicted To Pain comes out :lol

Btw, i've tried to make the tab of ATP for guitar, it's on the musician's forum :cheers

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

If I played guitar, I would definitely use your guitar tabs over most others, you've clearly listened to the song enough times to pick it up! =P

TheTPVshow
Brand New Start

Post by TheTPVshow »

I love everything about this song EXCEPT when Myles changes his vocal inflection when he sings: lost in the shadows. That part of the song doesn't make sense to me.

Stuzz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Stuzz »

On Michael T's twitter he said he's really digging 'The Uninvited'! ... the song i want to hear the most!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Stuzz wrote:On Michael T's twitter he said he's really digging 'The Uninvited'! ... the song i want to hear the most!
That's like the 3rd person that's heard the album to say it's their favorite.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Sunrunner1
Bought The CDs

Post by Sunrunner1 »

I just listened to it for the first time a few minutes ago. The chorus doesn't do a lot for me, but I like the rest of the song. I appreciate the straightforwardness of the verses, where Myles voice is so loud and clear. I don't get how people are disliking the solo. It was by far the best part of the song for me.
Destination Unknown...
We're Lost, But Not Alone

alterchris
TABN.com Citizen

Post by alterchris »

On Michael T's twitter he said he's really digging 'The Uninvited'! ... the song i want to hear the most!
AAAhhhhhh yessss...The Uninvited...bwaahahaha (in my best evil laugh)

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I can't wait til we start hearing formal reviews. I'll probably read one of them and then just ignore the rest so the reviews won't be so fresh on my mind when I first listen

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

The thing I love about that first note of the solo is just how you can hear the amp scream. You can tell that thing is absolutely cranked in the studio. You don't get that sound if he doesn't take a moment to stop. I thought it was a cool touch.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

alterchris wrote:
AAAhhhhhh yessss...The Uninvited...bwaahahaha (in my best evil laugh)
The Uninvited is the one song I'm so eager to hear!

joey78
TABN.com Citizen

Post by joey78 »

Listened to it again last night and i'm digging it even more.

THe production sounds like a cross between ODR and AIW which is fine by me. AB3's production sucked.

EDIT: I love it, AB are truly back
Last edited by joey78 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Yeah. ABIIIs production was too shiny and disconnected. There was no physicality to it. Like it was too close miced or something.

joey78
TABN.com Citizen

Post by joey78 »

Ok some opinions from the non-hardcore fans on other boards

Damn good song.

sounds great

Awesome !!

Not a bad song....definitely rocks hard!Hope this new album is better than their last one. Their debut was awesome, 2nd was decent, 3rd one was pretty much a turd, IMO.

Enjoyed this!

Pretty brutal beginning. For these guys at least.Pretty great tune at first listen. I'm not a huge AB fan. A lot of their stuff is too "drudgey" if that make sense.This one's a burner

Fail.Moving beyong ABIII and towards Tremonti's solo work.They had it right with the first 2 albums but that wasnt good enough for them I guess.

Its a good song but it sounds to much like something that could easily been included on the "Tremonti" cd. Only difference is the voice, obviously.It sounds almost the same as "Wish you well" from the Tremonti solo album.

My buddy, who is a big Myles Kennedy fan, says III is the best of the lot - the other two are okay, but III is heavy and Tremonti rips on it. His words, not mine. I can't get into them at all... And I thought MK with Slash produced some pretty great stuff.

One Day Remains came out at a time in 2004 when music wasn't that great. At least for me anyway. I remember the first time I heard OPEN YOUR EYES I was blown away. Then the DJ said it was the CREED band with another singer. I went right to Best Buy and bought it and couldn't believe how great it was. I also always wondering why this band didn't play better in CREED, I hate CREED by the way. METALINGUS, IN LOVING MEMORY etc just great.I have it all, the live dvd's I just think they have been watered down and going through the motions and becoming more CREED like. Almost lazy. Ghost of Days gone by is the best thing they have done since ONE DAY REMAINS.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Where you getting this from? Other bands' forums?

joey78
TABN.com Citizen

Post by joey78 »

Jim wrote:Where you getting this from? Other bands' forums?

No my friend, Metal Sludge..where I'm a regular. I posted a thread about this song yesterday. Today someone else created a fresh thread so this new single is definitely getting a lot of buzz.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

It just got posted on Ultimate Guitar too. I'm interested to hear those people's opinion.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Stuzz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Stuzz »

i actually just went and listened to wish you well, and the only similarities to me is the chugging guitar riff, other than that it's completely different... to me anyway. I'm not very fond of all i was, but i love ATP... i know it's my opinion, but people should stop saying that it's exactly like wish you well...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

The rhythm of the main riff is very alike. But the riff in ATP allows more melody because there are chord changes during the verses. WYW just stays on one chord.

I've seen some people saying that it reminds them of the Conspirators. I thought that was interesting.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

jripper420

Post by jripper420 »

Ok. I may have been a bit harsh in my previous review. I had a whole evening to take the new song in and I have to say I am loving it now. The more listens, the more I'm hooked. To me it's tremonti's finest moment. I guess when you hear something for the first time that sounds different you jump to conclusions without giving it a chance. I can't get over how heavy this song is, how great Myles voice is and most importantly how they nailed it from intro to bridge. Very Impressed. Have to say I feel like an A"HOLE. LOL.

:headbang