Favourite Lead Single From Alter Bridge?

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!

What's your favourite lead single from Alter Bridge

Open Your Eyes (One Day Remains)
29%
Rise Today (Blackbird)
12%
Isolation (AB III)
17%
Addicted To Pain (Fortress)
41%

Total votes: 58

leadguitar_85
Brand New Start

Re: Favourite Lead Single From Alter Bridge?

Post by leadguitar_85 »

BennyWhatever wrote:Definitely Open Your Eyes. That song got me into Alter Bridge and there will always be too much nostalgia to change my mind on it.
This. I don't think it's the best first single they released, but I was such a huge Tremonti fan in the Creed days...I remember hearing a radio interview Myles did talking about how "Mark's solo will be the longest one to hit mainstream radio these days," and I was like...what? Solos? Then I heard the first song with Creed's rhythm section and Master Myles singing over the top, and I remember thinking...shit, this is awesome.

Decay

Post by Decay »

I really love Addicted To Pain, but had to go with Open Your Eyes, it's my all time favorite AB tune...
BennyWhatever wrote:Definitely Open Your Eyes. That song got me into Alter Bridge and there will always be too much nostalgia to change my mind on it.
:yeahthat

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I'm really surprised by all of the Love for ATP. Yes, first song in years from the guys. Yes, it kicks some serious ass. But to be peoples favorite already after one day seems pretty cool.

I can see a lot of the people who chose it their favorite are probably new to AB or the hard core fans never saw their first single as epic as this one

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

AtP! Isolation is a close second. I don't remember being this excited for a record in the last 17 years!
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

IsoLAtion.

Although it is unfair to compare Addicted To Pain to these since it hasn't had time to sink in to the same level. Who knows,it could end up on top, though I think quality of its chorus compared to Isolation could hold it back.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

RuRo wrote:IsoLAtion.

Although it is unfair to compare Addicted To Pain to these since it hasn't had time to sink in to the same level. Who knows,it could end up on top, though I think quality of its chorus compared to Isolation could hold it back.
agreed. I actually think the chorus is the weakest part of Addicted To Pain. Isolation has the definite edge in that aspect
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

agree^

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I like how a lot of people around here used to complain that all of AB's choruses were too predictable because they all exploded and sounded huge. Now that ATP doesn't do that, everyone says it's the song's weakest part. :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

RuRo wrote:Although it is unfair to compare Addicted To Pain to these since it hasn't had time to sink in to the same level.
This is why I'm not voting. On first impressions, I would say Addicted to Pain, but that could change once the initial shock and excitement have worn off for me. Personally, it's way too early to decide.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Andy92 wrote:I like how a lot of people around here used to complain that all of AB's choruses were too predictable because they all exploded and sounded huge. Now that ATP doesn't do that, everyone says it's the song's weakest part. :lol
It's ironic :lol

Decay

Post by Decay »

Favorite lead singles by AB:

1. Open Your Eyes
2. Addicted To Pain (I love it, but OYE is the first AB tune I've heard, so #2 for ATP...)
3. Rise Today
4. Isolation

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Inconquerable wrote:
RuRo wrote:Although it is unfair to compare Addicted To Pain to these since it hasn't had time to sink in to the same level.
This is why I'm not voting. On first impressions, I would say Addicted to Pain, but that could change once the initial shock and excitement have worn off for me. Personally, it's way too early to decide.
I thought this originally, but Timo set it up so you can always change your vote later. He's the man like that.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Oh smart guy! I'll stick my vote up for ATP then. =)

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

Andy92 wrote:I like how a lot of people around here used to complain that all of AB's choruses were too predictable because they all exploded and sounded huge. Now that ATP doesn't do that, everyone says it's the song's weakest part. :lol
Maybe, but don't attribute that to me - I never complained about AB having good choruses.

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Post by Felipesh »

Addicted To Pain, if this song was a woman i would marry her

Decay

Post by Decay »

RuRo wrote:
Maybe, but don't attribute that to me - I never complained about AB having good choruses.
Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with good [explosive], huge choruses.

I don't mind if it's a 2 line chorus, or a 12 line chorus. If I like it - I like it. End of story.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Felipesh wrote:Addicted To Pain, if this song was a woman i would marry her
No, you wouldn't. :lol

She'd have probably sold you out and betrayed you ;)

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

RuRo wrote:
I figured you weren't one of the ones who would say that, it just seemed ironic because that's been a semi-common complaint.

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Post by Felipesh »

Decay wrote:
Felipesh wrote:Addicted To Pain, if this song was a woman i would marry her
No, you wouldn't. :lol

She'd have probably sold you out and betrayed you ;)
Oh, true that :shifty

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

I find it funny that ATP is already a favorite even before the official release :lol
I went for Isolation but I may change it soon