Your Ultimate Top 5 Alter Bridge Songs

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Your Ultimate Top 5 Alter Bridge Songs

Post by Arctic »

1. Blackbird
2. Brand New Start
3. Wayward One
4. Shed My Skin
5. New Way To Live

Very Blackbird heavy, another reason why it's my favorite album. The solos on the first three make them my top songs by themselves. I do love ODR and ABIII, Blackbird just has their absolute best songs in my opinion. New Way To Live could have made Blackbird easily, it's one of their best songs, I'm surprised it was a B-side.

SolidOhio
Brand New Start

Post by SolidOhio »

1. The End is Here
2. Show Me A Sign
3. Metalingus
4. Blackbird
5. Zero

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

All the posts with The End Is Here or Ties That Bind are restoring my faith in this forum :rockon

BennyWhatever
Loyal Follower

Post by BennyWhatever »

Shed My Skin
Breathe Again
Make It Right
Brand New Start
Down To My Last

It was hard to pick, because I really wanted to put The End is Here, Buried Alive and Watch Your Words on the list.
:yeahthat

AndrewW500
Brand New Start

Post by AndrewW500 »

1) Isolation
2) Slip to the Void
3) Find the Real
4) Blackbird
5) One Day Remains

No Particular Order.

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

1. Before Tomorrow Comes
2. Shed My Skin
3. Rise Today
4. Broken Wings
5. Words Darker Than Their Wings

That's a pretty solid "in order for me" too. :)

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

My top 4 are EASY

1.) Blackbird
2.) Ties That Bind
3.) One Day Remains
4.) Slip To The Void

However, my 5th favorite could be any of the following 6 songs depending on my mood:

Coeur D' Alene
Still Remains
Metalingus
Coming Home
Come To Life
The End Is Here

Am I cheating? Maybe...but I really can't pick which one I like more right now.
Last edited by VigilantSteve on Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

luminousvanity
Brand New Start

Post by luminousvanity »

1. Blackbird
2. Words Darker Than Their Wings
3. Come to Life
4. Burn It Down
5. Slip to the Void

Isak
Bought The CDs

Post by Isak »

I. Down To My Last - Well, it was the first song I heard by AB. It just hits me right in the heart. The chorus gets me every time. Even though it isn't ABs "best" song musically, the feeling I get from it is unbeatable. SO many great memories connected to DTML.
II. Blackbird - It's Blackbird. Emotional & epic, and as a guitarist - I'm a sucker for great guitar solos. If someone talks during the solo, or any part of the song, we ask them to shut up and let us enjoy this masterpiece.
III. Wayward One - The moodiness. The chorus. The solo. And also the fact that the chorus is inspired by Johann Sebastian Bach. I think it's really cool.
IV. New Way To Live - I can't believe this is a B-side. It's just a great song. The groove Brian and Flip creates suits Mark's guitarwork really well. The bridge is just amazing.
V. Ties That Bind - The fact that it's (atleast I think it) heavy yet beautiful in some way. The intro intro is freaking awesome. Love the solo and the bridge. Makes me superpumped for whatever I'm doing at the time when I listen to it.

Come To Life, The Damage Done, Words, Coeur d'Alene, Slip, Buried Alive, Burn It Down and like 10 songs more are worth a mention (guess not). I usually can't place songs in toplists so I guess I did quite a good work now lol.
LÅ, BD, SWE.
When I could only see the floor, you made my window a door
[center]TABN visitor (Issens) since 2008 but I am a shy Swedish reader[/center]

tRuth Alone
Brand New Start

Post by tRuth Alone »

1. Words Darker Than Their Wings - just love the way the song flows and the end vocals are just beyond amazing. Love it to pieces and could listen to it forever.
2. I Know it Hurts - Great tune with a lyric that has inspired me through some disappointing times
3. Metalingus - Let's rock!
4. Isolation - the song I remember the most from Wembley 2011 - I was lucky enough to be there.
5. Breathe Again - more vocal excellence from Myles, he really is too good for words.

So looking forward to next few weeks, new single, album & tour (Wembley 18th October, wooo!) It's going to be great!

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

1A. Rise Today-This is THE song that got me hooked on AB before I even knew who they were. My personal FAVORITE song, however not their BEST as a band (more on that in a second). Love the acoustic intro, extremely impressive vocals from Myles, and once the 1st chorus ends, you cant stop headbanging through the rest of the song as it really picks up in verse 2. Chorus is very simple but very catchy at the same time. Love the guitar work, especially some of the licks Myles throws down during verse 2 and the bridge. LOVE the ending guitar solo from Mark. My personal all-time favorite song by ANY band.
1B. Blackbird-Now, this is by far their BEST song that they've ever done in their respective careers. An EPIC song that the entire world should know about, but unfortunately is too long for radio's to put on. Nonetheless, everything about this song is perfect. The lyrics are deep and have meaning that almost everyone who has lost a loved one can relate to. Awesome fingerpicked intro from Mark, which begins the roller coaster ride that the listener will go through for nearly 8 minutes. And my favorite part of this song is the double guitar solo from Myles and Mark. As a guitarist, I am in awe of both of their talents, and its my favorite solo EVER. Perfect song \m/
3. Before Tomorrow Comes
4. Slip to the Void
5. I Know It Hurts
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

BloodRedHalo
Bought The CDs

Post by BloodRedHalo »

1. Find The Real

2. Metalingus

3. Blackbird

4. Isolation

5. Wonderful Life

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Jim, I just noticed some of the funny song titles you included in the OP. :lol

Trying to put together my list now. Going by process of elimination. This is tough.

Edit: Alright, I've got my list. Honestly, it might've come out differently if I had truly put some serious thought into the question. But for die-hard fans like us, this is an exercise in futility. As die-hard Alter Bridge fans we don't just like 5 songs. We are passionate about many, if not most or even all.

Anyway, here's what I came up with:

1. Blackbird
2. Isolation
3. Slip To The Void
4. Brand New Start
5. Come To Life

Crazy that none are off of ODR, as much as I love that record. Also I'm surprised that "Isolation" ended up at #2, but I really do love that song, despite the fact that I think Mark should've taken the main solo.

Again, this would probably come out totally differently if I was about to be banished to a desert island, but was given one day to pick the 5 AB songs I'd get to take with me. But if that truly happened, I'm sure I'd be happy with these 5. I'd still have my memory of the others.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Its weird to me that people either really like burn it down or really dislike it. I think its perfect. It has the best lyrics on ODR by a long shot, the haunting guitar at the beginning is the best intro on the whole album, and for god's sake that note that myles hits.... also the guitar solo at the end I believe is the best too.

Also, and many people don't notice, but in that second verse when Myles sings "I don't feel I have any right to pray, will they find me someday?" That is so incredibly powerful. I know everyones entitled to their opinion, but I honestly just feel like Burn it Down is skipped a lot at first because it starts off a little slow. It grew on me, now it is easily one of my favorites

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

"Burn it Down" was a top contender for me as well, for many of the reasons you described. I remember how blown away I was by Myles' voice, back when we got the first 30-second preview of the song. (This was when all those ODR previews were being released daily for a little while prior to the album's release.) I also love how the solo resolves the song. One of Mark's best!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Ha! They did 30 seconds previews for One Day Remains? That's so cool..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

abw1987 wrote:Jim, I just noticed some of the funny song titles you included in the OP. :lol

1. Blackbird
2. Isolation
3. Slip To The Void
4. Brand New Start
5. Come To Life
Haha! Only you noticed!
I really like your Top 5..! STTV really flies doesn't it? Still to this day, when it kicks in, SMASHES MY FACE

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

AB23 wrote:Its weird to me that people either really like burn it down or really dislike it. I think its perfect. It has the best lyrics on ODR by a long shot, the haunting guitar at the beginning is the best intro on the whole album, and for god's sake that note that myles hits.... also the guitar solo at the end I believe is the best too.

Also, and many people don't notice, but in that second verse when Myles sings "I don't feel I have any right to pray, will they find me someday?" That is so incredibly powerful. I know everyones entitled to their opinion, but I honestly just feel like Burn it Down is skipped a lot at first because it starts off a little slow. It grew on me, now it is easily one of my favorites
Loooooove Burn It Down. I still think the solo at the end is one of Mark's best too.

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

1. Blackbird - Damn EPIC! The solo gives me chills almost every time. I'm close to playing it perfectly!

2. Coeur D'alene - I love the heavy riff of this one and how the feel of the song is different from what is written on the lyrics.

3. Rise Today - I love the energy on this one especially when that slide before the 2nd verse kicks in and the hype goes on from there.

4. One By One - I like the story of this song. It is sad to see that in the bottom 5 thread this song is almost in every list

5. I Know It Hurts - This song has a nice vibe for me, however, the riff reminds me of another song.. hmm..

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

VigilantSteve wrote: Loooooove Burn It Down. I still think the solo at the end is one of Mark's best too.
I agree with you. Whenever that solo starts i start to lip snych it even the WAH :lol