What's this song missing?

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Decay

Re: What's this song missing?

Post by Decay »

Okay, I know a huge amount of folks on here hate Break Me Down. I don't. I love it like every other AB song, it's just a little weaker than any other.

But what Break Me Down is really missing is HEAVINESS, imo. I've always pictured it as a heavier track and I've always sung to it like this [before I had actually heard it]: ''If you try to break me down, I'll break these chains behind this sound..'' and then I'd be imagining Mark shredding like crazy. Just my two cents.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Timo, going back to your piano thing... how awesome would a piano version (myles only) of Shed My Skin be?
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

The intro of Wonderful Life sounded amazing at Bofest. When I heard the first time in the album my thought were: they should keep it simple. I mean, when they just play acoustic, this song really show itself.

They dont need to make all the songs with the same instruments. Actually, it is a good thing when the songs have really diferent atmosphere. Use Your Illusion of Guns n Roses it is a good example.

Decay

Post by Decay »

One Drew Remains wrote:Timo, going back to your piano thing... how awesome would a piano version (myles only) of Shed My Skin be?
Would love to hear that if Myles ever gets to tour his solo material.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

I don't hear a single weak point on Break Me Down. That one and Coming Home are two of my time-tested favorites on Blackbird. Maybe I'm just attracted to the non-4/4 times.

What I do think is missing is variety on the second half of ABIII. Individually, I dig each song. But as an album, Breathe Again, Fallout, etc.all seem to run together.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

AB23 wrote:
Decay wrote: Wonderful Life - This beautiful ballad should've been more laid back, more of acoustic-based song. And oh, the outro of the song with ''And with one last embrace, etc...'' didn't have to be there. It's redundant, imo.
by far the best part of the song in my opinion
100% agree. Goosebump moment
zazthespaz wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:I just find it funny that both "We Don't Care At All" and "The Damage Done" have a different kind of intro (one with bass, one with drums) and those were two of the songs kept off the album.
interesting point... devil's advocate though, Break Me Down starts with drums
So does Metalingus...

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

TenaciousBe wrote:What I do think is missing is variety on the second half of ABIII. Individually, I dig each song. But as an album, Breathe Again, Fallout, etc.all seem to run together.
Good point.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Jim wrote:
AB23 wrote:
Decay wrote: Wonderful Life - This beautiful ballad should've been more laid back, more of acoustic-based song. And oh, the outro of the song with ''And with one last embrace, etc...'' didn't have to be there. It's redundant, imo.
by far the best part of the song in my opinion
100% agree. Goosebump moment
zazthespaz wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:I just find it funny that both "We Don't Care At All" and "The Damage Done" have a different kind of intro (one with bass, one with drums) and those were two of the songs kept off the album.
interesting point... devil's advocate though, Break Me Down starts with drums
So does Metalingus...
My point is that there aren't exactly a lot of songs AB has done where there is an intro that isn't guitar based.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I do not understand why people think Fallout is missing something or should be not be on the main album and I would like to hear the reasons why. It is one of my favorite songs of ABIII, especially during the breakdown and after that which is an awesome sound to hear.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

anguyen92 wrote:I do not understand why people think Fallout is missing something or should be not be on the main album and I would like to hear the reasons why. It is one of my favorite songs of ABIII, especially during the breakdown and after that which is an awesome sound to hear.
Fallout is awesome! So disappointed that they didn't play it live (Like so many other AB3 Songs)

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Cthree922012 wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:I do not understand why people think Fallout is missing something or should be not be on the main album and I would like to hear the reasons why. It is one of my favorite songs of ABIII, especially during the breakdown and after that which is an awesome sound to hear.
Fallout is awesome! So disappointed that they didn't play it live (Like so many other AB3 Songs)
:yeahthat
Photobucket cash grab.

Marcos
Achilles

Post by Marcos »

Fallout has the coolest solo of AB3, IMO.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Marcos wrote:Fallout has the coolest solo of AB3, IMO.
+1
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Sunrunner1
Bought The CDs

Post by Sunrunner1 »

TenaciousBe wrote:What I do think is missing is variety on the second half of ABIII. Individually, I dig each song. But as an album, Breathe Again, Fallout, etc.all seem to run together.
I feel like fallout was the end of the main body of the album, and everything else afterwords is kind of like an afterparty. It's funny how the first words of Cour'de'alene, "The lights have faded, the encore has come and gone, and I can take no more," essentially sum up the last chunk of the album.
Destination Unknown...
We're Lost, But Not Alone

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

gbruin wrote:
+1
+2
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Macca wrote:
gbruin wrote:
+1
+2

;)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Timotheus wrote:
Macca wrote:
gbruin wrote:
+1
+2

;)
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Sunrunner1 wrote:
I feel like fallout was the end of the main body of the album, and everything else afterwords is kind of like an afterparty. It's funny how the first words of Cour'de'alene, "The lights have faded, the encore has come and gone, and I can take no more," essentially sum up the last chunk of the album.
Wow, I had never realised that before :lol

You summed up what I think about the latter half of ABIII too! ABIII is such a shame of an album, it starts off absolutely brilliantly, then slowly goes downhill with Still Remains, it picks up when you listen to Show Me a Sign, but after that song, the album jumps off a cliff.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I think the album ends pretty strong with CD'A - LMGO - WDTTW. The weaker songs are all in the middle imo.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Yup, Coeur D'Alene brings the album back to life again.
For all of the hope that it brings...