One Day Remains - 20th Anniversary Content

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Addicted To Pain
On The Rail

Re: One Day Remains - 20th Anniversary Content

Post by Addicted To Pain »

Whenever I sing quieter, I lose a lot of my already limited range. My highest note in full voice is G#4; with quieter voice, probably D4.
We are the left behind...
Forgotten and undefined...
Love us or hate us, you'll never break us, stand at the end of the line...
We are the left behind, and won't be left behind!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I like the synths during the first half of the demo.
White board:
1. Save Me
2. Find the Real
3. Breathe
4. In Loving Memory
5. Broken Wings
6. Down to my Last
7. One Day Remains
8. On My Way Now
9. The End is Here
10. Burn It Down
11. Open your Eyes
12. Watch your Words
13. Cruel Sun
14. Tomorrow
Weird, there is no Metalingus or Shed my Skin on that board. :headscratch
I also thought Open Your Eyes was a last minute addition because Wind-up wanted a Creed sounding first single instead of Down to My Last.
I guess Tomorrow is Solace.
I'm glad they re-arranged the sequencing of the songs, because that 14 song version isn't as strong as the 11 song one we all know.

Addicted To Pain
On The Rail

Post by Addicted To Pain »

chtimixeur wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 2:18 am I like the synths during the first half of the demo.
White board:
1. Save Me
2. Find the Real
3. Breathe
4. In Loving Memory
5. Broken Wings
6. Down to my Last
7. One Day Remains
8. On My Way Now
9. The End is Here
10. Burn It Down
11. Open your Eyes
12. Watch your Words
13. Cruel Sun
14. Tomorrow
Weird, there is no Metalingus or Shed my Skin on that board. :headscratch
I also thought Open Your Eyes was a last minute addition because Wind-up wanted a Creed sounding first single instead of Down to My Last.
I guess Tomorrow is Solace.
I'm glad they re-arranged the sequencing of the songs, because that 14 song version isn't as strong as the 11 song one we all know.
I believe that Metalingus came out of a jam, so maybe it was a last-minute addition. No idea about Shed My Skin.

Open Your Eyes was not a last-minute addition. The label simply chose it over Down To My Last as the single.

I doubt that the order that the songs were on the whiteboard was any kind of track listing.
We are the left behind...
Forgotten and undefined...
Love us or hate us, you'll never break us, stand at the end of the line...
We are the left behind, and won't be left behind!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I don't know how Metalingus came out of a jam during studio recording. Edge's story of how he first heard that song was that he was in Mark's house after a Metallica concert in Orlando in 2003 (which would be around July 2003) and apparently, he heard some demos of ODR with Mark singing and heard Metalingus and wanted to use it as his theme song when he returned from injury.

Maybe they thought at the time of recording the album, they needed another song and liked what they got there from that demo and went with it.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Is it true that Myles used to have some skunk before shows around ODR era to loosen up? I've heard that story and he does seem a bit 'overexcited' in this live footage.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Schulzy
Loyal Follower

Post by Schulzy »

So.....are we going to get a 20th Anniversary Deluxe package with all of these songs included + demos? Hint, hint! Wink, wink!
I'm walking the Black Road

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

scarecrow wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 10:57 pm
Addicted To Pain wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:52 pm
scarecrow wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:27 pm I miss it too but he did the right thing when he made the choice to conserve and govern his voice / vocals. I blew my falsetto out once and it was gone for 15 years. Myles' "pedal to the metal" days were amazing but not sustainable. I'm glad we got to experience it at all.
How exactly do you sing without "pedaling to the metal" all the time? I am not vocally trained enough to know how, so I just sing with my full voice.
It's hard to explain. I've seen Myles give a pretty good account of taking vocal lessons and learning to sing with proper technique that's much less of a strain on the vocal chords. Having taken vocals lessons and being a singer myself, I can say definitively that the voice is kind of a mysterious instrument and requires a lot of tlc.
A lot of it comes from using your diaphragm to make sure that you're not actually expelling as much air and leaning on just forcing your vocal chords to do something. If you're doing it right, you feel your abs tensed up and no real pressure on your throat or head.

The other thing is finding ways to add distortion to your voice without it actually hurting after doing it for a while. I used to struggle in rehearsals after 4 hours, now I can pretty well maintain my range for the whole thing.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Schulzy wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 8:59 pm So.....are we going to get a 20th Anniversary Deluxe package with all of these songs included + demos? Hint, hint! Wink, wink!
I would be interested to know if Breathe, Cruel Sun and Solace are going to be put on streaming platforms as the "Rarities' section of the 'Live at O2" is greyed out on Spotify.

New Way to Live and Damage Done would be cool as well.

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

Dolo wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 5:08 am Is it true that Myles used to have some skunk before shows around ODR era to loosen up? I've heard that story and he does seem a bit 'overexcited' in this live footage.
A buddy of mine saw them one time in like Cincinnati or something during the ODR 04-05 era and said myles was high as a kite, couldn't tune his guitar and acting all silly and giggly, forgetting lyrics constantly lol. I wasn't sure I believed him back then (he told me this story around the ABIII cycle so like 2011) but I suppose there must be some truth to it. I'm so jealous I didn't get to see them in their young, high, and sloppy live days.. thats the really exciting times for most bands

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

mitch103 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 12:59 pm I'm so jealous I didn't get to see them in their young, high, and sloppy live days.. thats the really exciting times for most bands
Crazy to think that they were already around 30-35 when this album came out.

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp