TABN Greatest Hits - ODR

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!

Which 4 songs would you choose?

Find The Real
13%
One Day Remains
6%
Open Your Eyes
13%
Burn It Down
7%
Metalingus
15%
Broken Wings
13%
In Loving Memory
10%
Down To My Last
6%
Watch Your Words
3%
Shed My Skin
8%
The End Is Here
6%

Total votes: 192

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: TABN Greatest Hits - ODR

Post by gbruin »

axlar wrote:i selected four.. not my favorites.. but in my view the biggest hits from the album.. the songs that get most response in concerts, etc..

greg.. i swapped your ILM for FTR.. so not as hands down as you perceive.. lol.. (and again, not talking about favorites)
That's fair. I can see both sides of that.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

gbruin wrote:If you really want "Greatest Hits", then this is easy: Open Your Eyes, Metalingus, Broken Wings, In Loving Memory
Yep, there aren't really a lot of options for this one. Maybe Find The Real in place of one of the latter two due to it's stronger presence at gigs.

Lol at Shed My Skin vote.

OYE/M/BW/ILM/(FTR?)
RT/BB/WOY/(CTL? TTB? BTC?)
STTV/I/GODGB/WL

Not really much room for discussion if it's "greatest hits", since anyone missing songs like Open Your Eyes, Isolation etc. or including more random songs is just voting wrong, as it's not really a matter of opinion.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

RuRo wrote:
gbruin wrote:If you really want "Greatest Hits", then this is easy: Open Your Eyes, Metalingus, Broken Wings, In Loving Memory
Yep, there aren't really a lot of options for this one. Maybe Find The Real in place of one of the latter two due to it's stronger presence at gigs.

Lol at Shed My Skin vote.

OYE/M/BW/ILM/(FTR?)
RT/BB/WOY/(CTL? TTB? BTC?)
STTV/I/GODGB/WL

Not really much room for discussion if it's "greatest hits", since anyone missing songs like Open Your Eyes, Isolation etc. or including more random songs is just voting wrong, as it's not really a matter of opinion.
I personally think Find the Real is more of a hit than ILM, even though I love ILM so much more.

And ODR isn't really an interesting album (in this poll, lol). You've only got 5 contenders.
With BB you've got like 6-7 (RT, BB WOY, TTB, BTC, CTL, WK, BA) and with ABIII you also have some extra contenders (you didn't mention I Know It Hurts btw).
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

This is stupid
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Let's make a Dry The River poll in the other band section for Macca! :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Macca wrote:This is stupid
This is that long 6-8 hour stretch of time standing in line on the sidewalk before the doors open, only then to spend anther 1-2 hours standing before a band starts playing. You'll do something - anything -to pass the time.

Polls until January!

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

Should I redo the best Mark Tremonti solo poll by album again?

Also, I really hope 'We Don't Care At All' makes the Greatest Hits this time.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Well we all know thats never gonna happen..

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Since it's Greatest Hits, I went for Open Your Eyes, Broken Wings, Metalingus (for its involvement with Edge / WWE), and In Loving Memory (as a live show favorite from the first tour). If I were going purely on my favorites, I'd probably go Burn It Down, Down To My Last, Watch Your Words, and The End Is Here.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

Down To My Last - 3
Shed My Skin - 5
The End Is Here - 3

So at least 5 people don't understand the thread :facepalm

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Well, that's their opinion on what they think should be on a greatest hits. I mean I can't back The End is Here and Shed My Skin as greatest hits, but Down to My Last is a great AB staple. Its as well done as it can be than most of the songs on ODR. Wished that it get more live play, but that's a quibble and its just how it is. I mean I would put it on a greatest hits album.

I mean what qualifies a greatest hits? I mean how much mainstream appeal, musical technicality, and how well received the live performances are?

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I was hoping to vote for Save Me, WDCAA, Taco Salad and Home, just to screw it all up. *Sigh*
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

A hit is a song that sells well. I don't even see where opinion comes into it. Hence why this is pointless.
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Macca wrote:A hit is a song that sells well. I don't even see where opinion comes into it. Hence why this is pointless.
Oh ok, well in that case, since AB has only three albums, and only like 10 singles plus Metalingus and a couple others, you're right, this would be pointless.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

anguyen92 wrote:^^ Well, that's their opinion on what they think should be on a greatest hits. I mean I can't back The End is Here and Shed My Skin as greatest hits, but Down to My Last is a great AB staple. Its as well done as it can be than most of the songs on ODR. Wished that it get more live play, but that's a quibble and its just how it is. I mean I would put it on a greatest hits album.

I mean what qualifies a greatest hits? I mean how much mainstream appeal, musical technicality, and how well received the live performances are?
By greatest hits, we are talking about the most played/biggest selling/most marketed/etc songs. Not what your favotire song is.Metalingus wins for being a WWE theme song for years. Broken Wings wins for having a video. Open Your Eyes was the first single (I think, right?).

I love Shed My Skin as much as any song on the album save ODR, but no way can anyone argue it is a bigger "hit" than those 3 songs.

EDIT: here's some data (crazy, backing an argument with real factual information, I know...)

It looks like Metalingus, Open Your Eyes, In Loving Memory, and Find The Real would be the biggest "hits". I'm surprised Broken Wings isn't on here because of the video.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

My top few songs are mostly consistent, but I bet if I answered these polls weekly I'd put different results for the top 12 or 15 or 20. Hard to pick 4th place here.

Poll ideas for the bored that I am too lazy to implement:
Analyze the other poll with weighted ranks, 1 = 12 points, 2 = 11 points, down to 12th = 1 point. Though I have to admit there's little difference between my lower choices.
or
Everyone gets 100 points to allocate to Alter Bridge songs. You can give 99 to Blackbird and 1 to Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad, or 10 points to 10 favorites, or whatever. That could keep some of you out of trouble for a while :)
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

One Day Remains, Open Your Eyes, Down To My Last, and Shed My Skin.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

agny wrote:Everyone gets 100 points to allocate to Alter Bridge songs. You can give 99 to Blackbird and 1 to Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad, or 10 points to 10 favorites, or whatever. That could keep some of you out of trouble for a while :)
I'm sure there would be a smartass that would give We Don't Care At All 100 points just to boycot the poll, lol..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Jim wrote:Voted for -
Find The Real
Open Your Eyes
Metalingus
In Loving Memory
gbruin wrote: EDIT: here's some data (crazy, backing an argument with real factual information, I know...)

It looks like Metalingus, Open Your Eyes, In Loving Memory, and Find The Real would be the biggest "hits". I'm surprised Broken Wings isn't on here because of the video.

Jus'sayin..

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

The top 4 on spotify are ILM, Metalingus, Broken Wings and Open Your Eyes..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.