The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
User avatar
gbruin
MEGLADONG
Posts: 7185
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:27 pm
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby gbruin » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:51 am

I saw that link when it was live (got it sent by Ryan), but I was at work so I couldn't look into it that deeply. It was a UK site which apparently didn't ship to the US. By the time I got home from work and went to check it out more closely, it had been taken down.

Now I'm googling "Last Rites" over and over lol
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

riemslag1
Isolated
Posts: 495
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:02 am
Location: the Netherlands

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby riemslag1 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:16 am

Funny thing is that I already ordered it and paid for it as long as it was up for sale with EMP. Got my order-confirmation for the CD and coloured LP. So I wonder what will happen next. Not the first time a retailer put up Alter bridge stuff up for sale on their website before the intended presale-date.

mirko.volpon
Brand New Start
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:57 pm

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby mirko.volpon » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:34 am

Also the advert for walk the sky in the magazine before official annuncement by the band

The Dissident
White Knuckled
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:13 pm

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby The Dissident » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:35 am

anguyen92 wrote:Here's an image of the post for those that hates the Facebook Layout like I do.

Image



I respect the fact that Tim openly said this, I for one love Walk The Sky but I prefer the less radio staple tracks from it. I however completely agree that AB isn't given credit for how amazing they are. I still believe this is partially due to the Creed connection but everyone I've introduced them to has been amazed by how great they are.

austin.
On The Rail
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby austin. » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:34 am

Is there no way to hear breathe b side on digital streaming? I own the CD but it’s buried in the car somewhere. No on amazon music. Not on Apple Music. Not on Pandora..... Not on Spotify.

Hard song to find and I don’t want to go Illegal

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9580
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby anguyen92 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:32 pm

You know, on that note, I'm wondering why Live from Amsterdam and Live at Wembley isn't on Spotify (but Live at the O2 Arena and Live at Royal Albert Hall is). Is this something we have to suffer from in the DC3 debacle? I wouldn't mind listening to New Way to Live on the regular on my Spotify playlist if it's there, but it isn't.

User avatar
Dolo
On The Rail
Posts: 1845
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:51 pm
Location: Lublin, Poland

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby Dolo » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:58 pm

anguyen92 wrote:You know, on that note, I'm wondering why Live from Amsterdam and Live at Wembley isn't on Spotify (but Live at the O2 Arena and Live at Royal Albert Hall is). Is this something we have to suffer from in the DC3 debacle? I wouldn't mind listening to New Way to Live on the regular on my Spotify playlist if it's there, but it isn't.


LfA and LaW are on Spotify, at least in my region. But only the CDs from it, so there's no NWTL or that Robert Johnson cover.

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9580
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby anguyen92 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:24 am

^^ Yeah, I guess it may be Region-locked, because I know Spotify does not have it in California.

Anyway, here's a recent video of Myles having a conversation with Joe Bonamassa.


User avatar
UninvitedZero
White Knuckled
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:44 pm

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby UninvitedZero » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:20 pm

anguyen92 wrote:Anyway, here's a recent video of Myles having a conversation with Joe Bonamassa.



Very cool conversation! One collab I'd love to see is Joe and Myles!
Now more than ever what we need
Is love to replace all the obscene

:peace

chtimixeur
On The Rail
Posts: 1343
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:15 am

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby chtimixeur » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:43 pm

I concur. That was a nice watch.
I wish I could hear those 4 Velvet Revolver demos he recorded ...
Thanks for posting it!

User avatar
Dolo
On The Rail
Posts: 1845
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:51 pm
Location: Lublin, Poland

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby Dolo » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:42 pm



For you guitar geeks out there.

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9580
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby anguyen92 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:46 pm

Ehhh, there's not much to talk about nowadays due to this pandemic, so here's an interview from Edge talking about his love for Hard Rock/Metal. Naturally, they talked about Metalingus and AB, in general at some point, in high praise of course.

https://metalinjection.net/podcasts/squ ... eavy-metal

User avatar
Andy92
You Waste Your Time
Posts: 13691
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby Andy92 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:09 am

I listened to Royal Albert Hall again last night, easily their best live album. Even without the orchestra, I think it’s the band’s best live recording as a group. The orchestra obviously takes it to another level, but it’s such a great album with a great set list.
RIP Photobucket

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9580
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby anguyen92 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:19 pm

Well, I don't know where to put this, but we all have heard the news by now. If not, I'll say it here. Eddie Van Halen has passed away. I think Eddie was pretty good to the guys in AB. He watched their set in the old West Hollywood House of Blues back in 2011, I think. We all know Wolfgang was a part of Tremonti. However, I did hear that Creed did open for Van Halen back when they were starting out and Flip stated a pretty long Instagram post expanding about that.

RIP Eddie ... An absolute legend and innovator. Not only in the rock world, but the entire music industry. Back in the early Creed days we were somehow lucky enough to get to support Van Halen on a couple of shows. Madison Square Garden in NYC and The Palace in Detroit. We were pretty much in clubs and theaters at the time, so this was a gigantic step for us. My nerves were through the roof. Opening for Van Halen at MSG?!? Holy f@#k! I had to pinch myself ... We finish soundcheck at the 1st show and find Eddie and the guys hanging out on the side of the stage. They all couldn’t have been nicer. Mark talks shop with Eddie for a few minutes about his guitars and then we all head on our way while Eddie chases around an 8 year old @wolfvanhalen. It was an amazing show that night. The afternoon of the 2nd show we hear a knock at the door of our dressing room, and before we could even say “come in”, the door flies open and it’s Eddie with a guitar case in his hand. He comes in, sits on the couch, opens the case and says “here you go Mark”. It’s a brand new EVH Wolfgang model. I think we were all in shock. Eddie probably sat in our dressing room for 2 hours and talked shop. It probably took me 30 minutes to form a coherent sentence, but he was so gracious in answering all of our rookie fanboy questions, and did it all with a smile on his face. He was such a nice guy and went out of his way to be hospitable to us when he had no obligation to do so. Really made an impression on me that I’ve tried to carry forward through my career. Bless you Eddie ... may you Rest In Peace


https://www.instagram.com/p/CGBh22vBd8A ... d8v7iykvbx

nagpo
On The Rail
Posts: 1612
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby nagpo » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:22 am

i remember stapp sharing that story as well. I remember vaguely his words. but he gave them some good advice that i dont think they followed if you see what ended up happening with creed lol

User avatar
Mr. Slash
On The Rail
Posts: 1471
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:40 am
Location: Germany

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby Mr. Slash » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:10 pm

Such a beautiful post by flip. I didn't even know that Creed and VH crossed their paths back then. Now we probably know how Mark came up with recruiting Wolfie for his solo band.

User avatar
gbruin
MEGLADONG
Posts: 7185
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:27 pm
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby gbruin » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:43 pm

anguyen92 wrote:Well, I don't know where to put this, but we all have heard the news by now. If not, I'll say it here. Eddie Van Halen has passed away. I think Eddie was pretty good to the guys in AB. He watched their set in the old West Hollywood House of Blues back in 2011, I think. We all know Wolfgang was a part of Tremonti. However, I did hear that Creed did open for Van Halen back when they were starting out and Flip stated a pretty long Instagram post expanding about that.

RIP Eddie ... An absolute legend and innovator. Not only in the rock world, but the entire music industry. Back in the early Creed days we were somehow lucky enough to get to support Van Halen on a couple of shows. Madison Square Garden in NYC and The Palace in Detroit. We were pretty much in clubs and theaters at the time, so this was a gigantic step for us. My nerves were through the roof. Opening for Van Halen at MSG?!? Holy f@#k! I had to pinch myself ... We finish soundcheck at the 1st show and find Eddie and the guys hanging out on the side of the stage. They all couldn’t have been nicer. Mark talks shop with Eddie for a few minutes about his guitars and then we all head on our way while Eddie chases around an 8 year old @wolfvanhalen. It was an amazing show that night. The afternoon of the 2nd show we hear a knock at the door of our dressing room, and before we could even say “come in”, the door flies open and it’s Eddie with a guitar case in his hand. He comes in, sits on the couch, opens the case and says “here you go Mark”. It’s a brand new EVH Wolfgang model. I think we were all in shock. Eddie probably sat in our dressing room for 2 hours and talked shop. It probably took me 30 minutes to form a coherent sentence, but he was so gracious in answering all of our rookie fanboy questions, and did it all with a smile on his face. He was such a nice guy and went out of his way to be hospitable to us when he had no obligation to do so. Really made an impression on me that I’ve tried to carry forward through my career. Bless you Eddie ... may you Rest In Peace


https://www.instagram.com/p/CGBh22vBd8A ... d8v7iykvbx

wow.

I'm older than most around here and I grew up with VH in Southern California. This one really really hurts.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die


Return to “Alter Bridge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TenaciousBe and 5 guests