Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: Alter Bridge Winter Tour 2016

Post by Timotheus »

I can see myself!

Man, that song was so good live... Should become a staple!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Timotheus wrote:I can see myself!

Man, that song was so good live... Should become a staple!
Everyone try and find Timo!

But yeah that was very good, only thing was all the music was still crunched together like in the studio version.

mikeyd23
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mikeyd23 »

Videos sound great so far!
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: But yeah that was very good, only thing was all the music was still crunched together like in the studio version.
Huh?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

mikeyd23 wrote:Videos sound great so far!
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: But yeah that was very good, only thing was all the music was still crunched together like in the studio version.
Huh?
The sound mix for the instruments sounded like the studio version where it's just a wall of sound.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I've heard nuances on Myles' guitar that I didn't know existed.

mikeyd23
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mikeyd23 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: The sound mix for the instruments sounded like the studio version where it's just a wall of sound.
Huh, okay. Not to my ears. It sounded pretty much like how AB always sounds through a phone recording in a crowd. I wouldn't put too much stock into a dude in the crowd capturing the gig on his iPhone 17 or whatever. Also, rock concerts tend to sound like a wall of sound regardless of artistic choices made in a studio setting, cause it's a rock gig you know? Tends to be kinda loud.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

Dug out my AB pen drive from Wembley to bring this little moment, missing from the DVD release. I really wish they would, just once, do the full cover of this song.
https://soundcloud.com/marc-burt-warner ... t-29112011
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Today's set in Amsterdam, let's see if Axlar or Roel or anyone else that was there can verify it. Only big difference is that Slip to the Void is back in the set and only five Blackbird songs and 7 songs from The Last Hero. Seems solid enough, still waiting and wanting them to play the longer songs from The Last Hero live though. Must still be patient and tranquillo.

The Writing on the Wall
Come to Life
Ghost of Days Gone By
Addicted to Pain
The Other Side
Cry of Achilles
My Champion
Crows on a Wire
Ties That Bind
You Will Be Remembered
Watch Over You
Slip to the Void
Rise Today
Poison in Your Veins
Blackbird
Metalingus

Show Me a Leader
Isolation

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alter-bri ... a30d1.html

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

That's a step in the right direction. No Farther Than The Sun and Before Tomorrow Comes, but Slip To The Void - amazing replacement, would choose that over the other two anytime. No Waters Rising again sadly, I wonder if Mark has some minor health problems and doesn't want to sing lead? Can't really imagine any other reason because I'm sure he loves playing the song and they should know that it's one of the fan favourites.

And yeah, they're still not playing one of the three epics from TLH, and also no Island Of Fools. That's really sad, and I'm afraid that won't change until Sunday when I'm seeing them... I'd really love to see those over Crows, YWBR and TWOTW, but we'll see...

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

The only save spot for Slip is the opening one TBH.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I was actually thinking the other day that after WOY would be a good place for Slip. Myles is solo on stage and the band can slowly come back on.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

One Drew Remains wrote:I was actually thinking the other day that after WOY would be a good place for Slip. Myles is solo on stage and the band can slowly come back on.
Good point. Opening track would still be a better fit, but the spot after WOY can work, too.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Here's the setlist from Amsterdam from Stijn:
Photobucket cash grab.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

So strange seeing Rise Today in the main set. I sure don't mind the change though.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

LOTS of videos from the Amsterdam show are on youtube already. I think all of the new songs are up

EDIT:

I'm pretty sure this guy has the entire show up on his channel. Counted at least 17 videos

EDIT 2:
Yup, he's got the whole show. Even kind enough to make a playlist of it with the videos in order. What a guy

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 7bZczYbnYb
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

PascalM
Brand New Start

Post by PascalM »

Yesterday I went to see Alter Bridge for the 8th time. I was happy that they played a lot of new songs and I have to say that they sounded really good live. I still think they sound a bit overproduced on the record though. The dark riff of The Other Side sounded really brutal!

Highlights: Blackbird. Doesn't matter how often I hear it, it still gives me goosebumps. Poison In Your Veins, especially the solo. I really love that one! Slip To The Void was a nice surprise, although I kind of hoped they would play something from ODR era when Myles mentioned they were going to play something they hadn't played for a long time.

Was it all good? No. I think that Ties That Bind sounded a bit messy. Maybe they play it that often that it was an automatic unfocused version? Dunno. Also, the sound wasn't that great with all songs...sometimes it was one big wall of sound. I am lucky that I know the songs. But I am sure that someone new to AB wouldn't recognize what they were playing.

And yeah, Myles starts singing high in the choruses, then the 3rd sentence is lower and the last sentence is just shortened words ("tie-tha-bi")

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

After hearing the sad news of Leonard Cohen passing, I am wondering if fans might be in for a rare treat at the next show.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

never mind.. Ryan already acknowledged the set list :D
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I'm surprised that they cut Open Your Eyes completely! I'm in favor of that for new songs but out of Isolation and maybe Rise Today I think thats the perfect closer.

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

Is there a reason that Mark didn't bring his Fender Twin Reverbs with him? I miss the clean tone in some of these live songs... especially in Blackbird.