The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I had a dream I met Alter Bridge. It was some weird housey location not sure where. They were there for some reason and I dont know why. I somehow was able to ask one of them if I could get my picture taken with them and they said sure. But for some reason they didnt have enough space to take the picture properly so took a picture of a reflection of us together in a mirror. I remember saying thank you to all of them but being bummed out by the way the picture was taken. I found my way out of this mysterious location and got picked up by my parents. That was it. I woke up and have never been more weirded out and angry at a dream at the same time before.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I feel so fortunate that I was able to experience this song live. That intro is one of my favorite live experiences ever.

The fact that they're not playing it right now on tour is such a mind fuck to me, and I feel bad for anybody who missed it on their last tour.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

I'm also glad I got to hear this song in Amsterdam. Myles f'ed up the first intro so they had to do it over haha. But the performance was great!

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

Woah! I'm visiting a friend outside Chicago, and we're watching WGN news. They just did a story about the vigil held for a victim of the shooting at University of Illinois this weekend. Watch this video. It's not the same exact one I just saw, but you hear the same thing. It's at the beginning and the end. Sorry, can't get just the video.

http://wgntv.com/2016/09/27/vigil-held- ... -shooting/

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

A rare occurance of random AB exposure on TV that only AB fans would catch. Sad to hear another victim of a shooting is claimed, though.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Let the wind carry you home

vChris
White Knuckled

Post by vChris »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:I had a dream I met Alter Bridge. It was some weird housey location not sure where. They were there for some reason and I dont know why. I somehow was able to ask one of them if I could get my picture taken with them and they said sure. But for some reason they didnt have enough space to take the picture properly so took a picture of a reflection of us together in a mirror. I remember saying thank you to all of them but being bummed out by the way the picture was taken. I found my way out of this mysterious location and got picked up by my parents. That was it. I woke up and have never been more weirded out and angry at a dream at the same time before.
Sounds to me like you need to get out of your comfort zone and finally meet the guys face to face. Your subconsciousness is no longer satisfied with merch, cds and youtube videos - it needs the real deal ;)

DonHarry
King Slayer

Post by DonHarry »

Don't come cheap these days though.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Browsing through the Twitter feed, someone asked them "Are you planning on playing any Florida dates this tour? Never seen you and you're one of my favorite bands." I'm thinking "what really?" They played a Florida show like last week. I would think if a band is their favorite then that someone should at least make the effort of having a look at their schedule from time to time, no?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Didn't want to make a thread on this, but I got a question.

As we know, AB can headline, play around 90-100 min. sets, and easily fill venues that has around 1,000-1,500 people in the states, (although in areas like New Jersey and NYC, they were able to fill around 2,000 people) depending on the location and can be an opening band, play 35 min. sets in front of around 10k people.

That stated, what about in between? Can they be that sort of band that manages to get on a co-headlining tour and play in front of like 3k-5k people and play around 70-75 minute sets? If so, which bands could be the right band for them to do that sort of tour, and would AB be the last band?

Also, I would think if they get on a tour with say Halestorm or Skillet, AB can play those 3-5k high end theaters in the states but for how much time? I got to think that AB is way too big of a name to just settle for a 35-45 minute opening set before those bands and I got to think Halestorm and Skillet respects them enough to not put AB in that spot. In any event, if AB managed to get on a tour with Halestorm or Skillet, they probably be the band before those bands and play around 55-60 minutes.

Anywho, the main question is who could AB feasibly co-headline with (and be the last band of the night) to play in some bigger theaters in the states? Sixx: A.M.? Sevendust?

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

So, the art on the track-by-track thread is pretty awesome...whoever put that together, have you considered making it into a poster with 2 columns, 7 rows on each side and a banner extending all the way across on the top with the album art?

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

So does a vinyl version of ODR exist anywhere?
Thanks Timo!

Felypesh
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Felypesh »

https://vimeo.com/81921760

I've found a version of the 'Addicted to Pain' video without the old vintage images that appears ocasionally, check it out.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

That's a cool find. Now it's just them performing the song with images of people in pain in the background.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Felypesh wrote:https://vimeo.com/81921760

I've found a version of the 'Addicted to Pain' video without the old vintage images that appears ocasionally, check it out.
This was AMAZING!!! So much better like that

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Fish Tacos wrote:So, the art on the track-by-track thread is pretty awesome...whoever put that together, have you considered making it into a poster with 2 columns, 7 rows on each side and a banner extending all the way across on the top with the album art?
That was Jared Ward :bow

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Question of the day: How does the band/record label/whoever manage leaks? Surely they're popping up left and right today as people start getting TLH early. Do they have like a designated leak police that takes things down as they find them? I'm curious as to how that works.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I think they can use the DMCA through major sites / service providers just via a request although there are some more aggressive measures like when Warner Brothers was trying to take down websites from Google results and simply ran a script compiling URLs. They submitted the list to Google not realizing a bunch of the links were to the Amazon DVD sales pages for the movies or the official WB sites themselves. Google thought it was hilarious and complied with their request blacklisting WB's own sites lol. Not much you can do about torrents though.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

Ok, potentially controversial opinion here, so heads up. But, am I the only one who feels that the guys are starting to like, sell out a little bit? The way they do things now, or the label/distributors, seems to be extremely money focused. All these over priced "exclusive" bundles and multitudes of different versions, the paid meet and greets instead of just meeting fans after shows, ect. It's just not what I liked about the band and is a very pop music like attitude. For me, one of the best things about the band was how humble and willing to meet fans and be involved with them, and especially not rip them off. All that seems to have gone now........... :(

I dunno, maybe the spoke to Lars Allrich or something.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

They still are awesome to their fans. There are just extra options for people who are willing to pay money. I definitely wouldn't call it selling out.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.