Official "The Last Hero" Thread (pre-release discussion)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AB23
Still Remains

Re: Official "The Last Hero" Thread

Post by AB23 »

austinjhnsn wrote:I really like the lyrics in your sig Jim.
That's what I was thinking too!

Take The Sun
Bought The CDs

Post by Take The Sun »

Well, I will say this much.

My Champion is definitely my least favorite out of the 3 tracks released so far. I expected after the listening party descriptions that it may be my least favorite on the album. I liked it a lot better than I expected I would, but it still was in the "eh" territory for me.

But after seeing them crank it up electric for the first time last night, I have a new respect for the song that I didn't have before. Still my least favorite of the 3, but I like it more than I did before the show.
Credit to greenhammock on deviantart for the awesome background

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

The Plotblocker wrote:Just wanted to point out this glaring mistake in you "Show Me A Leader" review. You say of the intro "This opening salvo is layered with the tortuous bends of Mark's lead guitar", but it is Myles playing the lead for this. As is evident from not only the video but also live performances of the song. And here I thought you guys were fans...............
Damn, guess I'm not as big of a fan as I thought.............................................................................

Anyway I'll take the heat on this one. Genuine mistake. We are fully aware that Myles plays those leads; even without seeing a live video, it's plainly evident in the vigorous vibrato during some of those extended bends. We're all working on these reviews whenever we get a moment between work and the rest of our lives so the occasional brain fart is bound to slip through. Thanks for pointing it out! It's been fixed.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

In other news, our "Cradle to the Grave" review is live! This one is really special.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2955#p181371

PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PRS10Top »

abw1987 wrote:In other news, our "Cradle to the Grave" review is live! This one is really special.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2955#p181371
link says not authorized

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Fixed :)

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

Thanks! This Can't wait to listen to this song!

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I predict I will bloody love that song.
For all of the hope that it brings...

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Dang, the lyric that stands out looks familiar. Can't wait to hear that one

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB23 wrote:Dang, the lyric that stands out looks familiar. Can't wait to hear that one
:lol :fingerwag

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Well I'm excited to hear that one, from the previews and this review, sounds it's right up my alley.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Felypesh
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Felypesh »

AB23 wrote:Dang, the lyric that stands out looks familiar. Can't wait to hear that one

Thank me later.

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

Other side now on UK iTunes!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Finally, The Other Side is out on Spotify in the states. Oh yeah, this track sounds totally different than the first three songs we've heard so far. It sounds very sinister. More sinister than any AB track I've heard thus far. No solos, but, thankfully, they did not go crazy with the Myles self-backing vocals. Also, I finally heard a song where they had a small instrumental part before transitioning to the bridge, It's a definite winner.

leadguitar_85
Brand New Start

Post by leadguitar_85 »

Sorry all, but this mix sounds like a giant slop bucket full of shit. And the songs are entirely unimpressive. This coming from someone who has hung on with white knuckles awaiting every album, single and b-side release since ODR. Not sure what everyone else is listening to here. This is bad.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

The Other Side is all right I guess, sounds dark for the sake of being dark to me. Seems like a mesh between Show Me A Sign and The Unholy from Slash's album. Solid track but it didn't wow me...not the style of AB I love the most, but for some I'm sure it might be.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Andy92 wrote:The Other Side is all right I guess, sounds dark for the sake of being dark to me. Seems like a mesh between Show Me A Sign and The Unholy from Slash's album. Solid track but it didn't wow me...not the style of AB I love the most, but for some I'm sure it might be.
You guys know that emoji that is the "100" sign that the kids use these days to indicate their agreement.

*Hunna*

I'm not a big fan of the "Halloween Rock" (trademarked term-AB23) that AB seems to be headed so far. The way Myles sings the chorus is a very good example of what I'm talking about. Kind of creepy sounding, and I can't say that I'm the biggest fan.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Honestly, Andy mentioned it, a while ago, but yeah, I'm really surprised on how many songs are officially released before the album is out. Four songs are officially out before The Last Hero album is released, that's a big improvement compared to just Addicted to Pain for Fortress and Isolation and Words Darker Than Wings for ABIII.

Electricladyland
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Electricladyland »

anguyen92 wrote:Finally, The Other Side is out on Spotify in the states. Oh yeah, this track sounds totally different than the first three songs we've heard so far. It sounds very sinister. More sinister than any AB track I've heard thus far. No solos, but, thankfully, they did not go crazy with the Myles self-backing vocals. Also, I finally heard a song where they had a small instrumental part before transitioning to the bridge, It's a definite winner.
Absolutely. This is an awesome track. A moody, sludgy riff. Love the groovy vocals that Myles builds up before he lets it rip before the chorus. This is definitely my favorite of the songs that have been released so far.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

anguyen92 wrote:Honestly, Andy mentioned it, a while ago, but yeah, I'm really surprised on how many songs are officially released before the album is out. Four songs are officially out before The Last Hero album is released, that's a big improvement compared to just Addicted to Pain for Fortress and Isolation and Words Darker Than Wings for ABIII.
Yeah except Fortress, Isolation and WDTTW are all easily individually better than all these songs released from TLH combined. :D
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ