Mini Fall US Tour 9/22 - 10/10

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: Mini Fall US Tour 9/22 - 10/10

Post by Mr. Slash »

Myles' voice sounds pretty thin during the long notes of the chorus.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I forgot guys, what time does AB come out for headlines? Isn't it around 9:10-9:15

Felypesh
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Felypesh »

Timotheus wrote:

More backings from Mark!
What's wrong with Mark's guitar? sounds wrong on the intro

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

One of the strings might have been slightly out of tune of something.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

AB23 wrote:I forgot guys, what time does AB come out for headlines? Isn't it around 9:10-9:15
i think it mainly depends on the venue and their curfew rules and how many openers, but i'd say more like 9:30-9:45.
Photobucket cash grab.

Felypesh
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Felypesh »

CallumC94
Brand New Start

Post by CallumC94 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Ubik wrote:Man I thought they'd taken a step on from playing 8 Blackbird songs a night.
In a perfect world they could do 4,3,3,4,3 for the 17-song set distribution for the 5 albums.
ODR - 3
Blackbird - 3
AB III - 3
4Tress - 4
TLH - 4

That would be perfect.
For me, in a perfect world, for a TLH tour, I'd do this:
ODR - 3
Blackbird - 3
ABIII - 3
Fortress - 3
TLH - 5

That's keeping it fair on the older albums and getting the most out of TLH.
If they really want to do more BB then they could take one out of ABIII or ODR, but not both, that would be too much and we would miss out on great songs from thoses albums.

Btw, is there a topic already for dream setlists? I haven't seen one.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

CallumC94 wrote:
For me, in a perfect world, for a TLH tour, I'd do this:
ODR - 3
Blackbird - 3
ABIII - 3
Fortress - 3
TLH - 5
This
CallumC94 wrote:Btw, is there a topic already for dream setlists? I haven't seen one.
Will start when when the album drops, I think there may be one floating around from way back though..

Gingerella72
Brand New Start

Post by Gingerella72 »

I'll be at the Lincoln show, my first time seeing AB. :) Trying to figure out the timing of it all, VIP check in is at 3:15, and the show doesn't start until 7:45. That's a long ass time to be standing around waiting. I'm hoping to be able to leave the venue to get some supper and then come back closer to show time.

CallumC94
Brand New Start

Post by CallumC94 »

CallumC94 wrote:Btw, is there a topic already for dream setlists? I haven't seen one.
Will start when when the album drops, I think there may be one floating around from way back though..[/quote]

Haha, thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it, would love to see what people think.

Also, I think it would be amazing if AB organised a game where the winner gets to write a setlist (maybe with some directives so it's not too crazy and doesn't strain Myles' voice) for the date he wants (not cool if he's not at the show).

Sigh, one can but dream.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ I like that idea and you can probably pull off that sort of thing like once every five shows, but not for a whole tour, given that they seem to really have a hard time in rehearsals trying to figure how to play the songs that they play on a regular basis when they go on a long break. Heck, for all we know, they probably forget how to play the songs that they hadn't played in a long, long time, despite being the creators of it.

CallumC94
Brand New Start

Post by CallumC94 »

anguyen92 wrote:^^ I like that idea and you can probably pull off that sort of thing like once every five shows, but not for a whole tour, given that they seem to really have a hard time in rehearsals trying to figure how to play the songs that they play on a regular basis when they go on a long break. Heck, for all we know, they probably forget how to play the songs that they hadn't played in a long, long time, despite being the creators of it.
I just find it so crazy how Myles can go from touring with Slash, where the setlist changes each night and is almost completely different by the end of the tour, to playing the same setlist every night with the AB guys.
I mean, he can obviously learn all the lyrics to Slash's stuff so there's no excuse there.
You would think they would want to perform different songs so that they're not putting on the same show. Smh. Too far deep in their comfort zone, aka Blackbird.

And the custom setlists would work only if true die hard fans win the game. If not, nothing would change and I'll be rising tonight after making a brand new start before tomorrow comes and I have to open my eyes again and come to life because the bath water's rising because I left the freaking tap running.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

It's pretty frustrating, indeed. There comes a time where their sets (whilst chockful of great songs) are not just that special anymore (heck, people might have thought this way in the last 3-6 years or so). People have to keep pushing the notion to them that, hey, there are 3 (going to be 4) other albums that we love and feel like it should get its due in the live sets.

I mean what is there for AB to be afraid of if they throw a rarity or a new song in the shows? That they screw up? That we're going to nitpick them when we see a video? That we're going to say it's crap? That it doesn't belong the setlist? Crowd acts dead for it? Something?

CallumC94
Brand New Start

Post by CallumC94 »

anguyen92 wrote:It's pretty frustrating, indeed. There comes a time where their sets (whilst chockful of great songs) are not just that special anymore (heck, people might have thought this way in the last 3-6 years or so). People have to keep pushing the notion to them that, hey, there are 3 (going to be 4) other albums that we love and feel like it should get its due in the live sets.

I mean what is there for AB to be afraid of if they throw a rarity or a new song in the shows? That they screw up? That we're going to nitpick them when we see a video? That we're going to say it's crap? That it doesn't belong the setlist? Crowd acts dead for it? Something?
Beats me.

And I've seen plenty of "dead crowd" videos on youtube, but you get them anywhere and on any song (mostly in USA though, but why?).

We should make a poll on here where fans can vote for like 5 songs they absolutely want to hear at a show then send the resulting setlist to Mark or Michael. Maybe with some raw numbers they'll understand what their fanbase wants.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Timo did that once back during the Fortress period and whilst the top 9 songs are certainly songs that we want to hear, the 10th song was........ Blackbird. He made sure Michael knew that this was happening and nothing really came much out of the result.

On the brighter side though, eventually, they did play the title track of Fortress throughout their last 20 headlining shows of that tour, so maybe it was it wasn't all that bad.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

CallumC94
Brand New Start

Post by CallumC94 »

Aww damn. Maybe it could be possible for a few select people (admins probs) to define which songs are rare and that people can vote on?
I mean, setlist.fm has great stats we could use for that purpose.
And a lot of those votes were not for rare songs. Some people even voted Rise Today. That song is the farthest from rare I can think of.

That said, I do like all the love ODR got on that poll though.

PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PRS10Top »

Stoked for CLT! Does anyone know what time the VIPs are supposed to show up? I want to buy VIP but want to make sure I'm able to get off of work early enough to make it worth my while.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

CallumC94 wrote:Aww damn. Maybe it could be possible for a few select people (admins probs) to define which songs are rare and that people can vote on?
I mean, setlist.fm has great stats we could use for that purpose.
And a lot of those votes were not for rare songs. Some people even voted Rise Today. That song is the farthest from rare I can think of.

That said, I do like all the love ODR got on that poll though.
Yea, at one point TABN shared it on their FB page and the not so die hard fans started voting, lol.

I'd be up for doing something like that again when the new album drops. Should try harder this time to get it to the band.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

CallumC94
Brand New Start

Post by CallumC94 »

Timotheus wrote: Yea, at one point TABN shared it on their FB page and the not so die hard fans started voting, lol.

I'd be up for doing something like that again when the new album drops. Should try harder this time to get it to the band.
I get the feeling the band can be quite hard to contact when you're trying to tell them something they don't want to hear.
Or they might just think we're ungrateful and should accept it all as it is.