AB V

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
slasherbridge
White Knuckled

Re: AB V

Post by slasherbridge »

I'd like a Blackbird, hold the Break Me Downs and with some extra New Way To Live.

And I'd like a medium Dr Pepper with that.

slasherbridge
White Knuckled

Post by slasherbridge »

Freakin' posted it multiple times. Wtf.

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

Quality > quantity for me. Obviously I love AB III a lot because it had 17 total songs released from it but if the 11 songs they would write for AB V are extremely good, I'd be fine with that. Any amount of new AB songs is greater than no AB songs at all.
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

"Quantity has a quality all it's own" - Joseph Stalin

:D

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

I always take Stalin's advice.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Seriously though. Stalin was a monster...... and a hipster!

I hope for 10 songs or less. Fortress was a proper step in the right direction. I don't long for the super heavy direction I used to now that Tremonti is doing that in his own band. Longer songs with more texture is good, peppered with some heavy as hell guitar work here and there.

Tremonstration
Brand New Start

Post by Tremonstration »

Bit of the blackbird/ODR stuff- I loved Fortress but some of the ODR stuff remains my favourite! AB3 was a transitional record IMO with some great stuff on!

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

I don't really care how many tracks will be on the next album, it could be a 5 track EP for all I care, just as long as it rocks, then it's all good.

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

Here's some info about AB V from Mark in a recent interview:
"I think the next AB record will be about 11 songs and 2 B-sides because I think that the short records are so much more digestible and we don't write 3 minute songs but 5/6 minute songs so the record will still be long."

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I'd be satisfied with that. I want as much AB as possible but if it means less songs that are longer, that'd be fantastic. I wouldn't be surprised to see them drift more towards a progressive sounding record (guys, be gentle) but if we get another record that sounds like Fortress, I'm set.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I just don't want it to be rushed. I'm all for new music, but as someone else said, quality over quantity. No need to bleed the band dry too fast. Although, isn't Myles like 46? O.o

mtshaw3
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mtshaw3 »

austin. wrote:I just don't want it to be rushed. I'm all for new music, but as someone else said, quality over quantity. No need to bleed the band dry too fast. Although, isn't Myles like 46? O.o
FWIW, Chris Cornell and Eddie Vedder are both 50, turning 51 this year. And Myles is 45, turns 46 this year... Don't think age has anything to do with it. He takes extremely good care of himself, he can go for another 15-20 years probably if he wanted.
Huge thanks to Andy! Love my new sig!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Damn, Myles looks waaay younger. Can't we all just pretend that he is 35?

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

Another quote about AB V from Mark from an interview with Ultimate-Guitar:
"We just got started on the writing process. Me and Myles write separately for it so we haven't put our heads together yet. We'll probably just kind of push our boundaries and make the heavy stuff heavier and make the atmospheric stuff more atmospheric and make it a little more unique and just test our dynamics. It's just too early to tell at this moment though."

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Jaredr24 wrote:Another quote about AB V from Mark from an interview with Ultimate-Guitar:
"We just got started on the writing process. Me and Myles write separately for it so we haven't put our heads together yet. We'll probably just kind of push our boundaries and make the heavy stuff heavier and make the atmospheric stuff more atmospheric and make it a little more unique and just test our dynamics. It's just too early to tell at this moment though."
This is so cool.
On the side note, I wonder how does Mark differentiate between writing for AB and Tremonti. It seems that the more chuggy, fast-metal stuff goes for the solo, whereas the more progressive-eerie material for AB.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

vChris
White Knuckled

Post by vChris »

Jaredr24 wrote:Another quote about AB V from Mark from an interview with Ultimate-Guitar:
Sounds good :rockon
Not surprised at all that Mark wants to push the heavy stuff in a heavier direction although I am curious to see how comfortable the rest of the guys are with that lol

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I hope Mark gets the chance to sing another song on this record.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB4Lyfe wrote:I hope Mark gets the chance to sing another song on this record.
Maybe even more than one song or at least more Co-leads with Myles like WDTTW

mockingbird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mockingbird »

I would really love to hear some post-rock/post-metal influences and another masterpiece like WDTTW. If they'd go heavier than Fortress I'd be very pleasantly surprised!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

If Mark gets to sing again I hope it will be on a heavier song. Aggression is where his voice gets (kinda) interesting, and that's where he can do things that Myles can't.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.