Next UK Tour

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
stokie steve
Brand New Start

Next UK Tour

Post by stokie steve »

As we know they have been doing Arenas in the Uk now for couple of years and they've always had big support acts like Blackstone Cherry and Shinedown. without these support acts do you think they'ed still fill the arenas?

for the next tour i would only like 1 support act someone like 'Godsmack' or Sevendust who rarely plays in the uk and it could be uk exclusive for them. that'll give them about a 45 minute slot with Alterbridge getting 2 1/4 hours to work their magic.

mix up the venues a little
2 nights at the manchester apollo (just if the g-mex still had gigs and have it all standing)
wolverhampton civic hall
Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
BLackpool Empress
Stoke Victoria Hall (Just so i don't have travel far ;)
Shefield Arena
London Alley Palley ( have it all standing)
Braehead arena (Glasgow)

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Re: Next UK Tour

Post by RoelSmoel »

Alterbridge.......

2 1/4 hours? I'm not sure if Myles can/wants to.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I think while I like the idea of only one support act, why not just give that act more time if they are so rare in that area that their fans would be tempted to see them even if they are not really AB fans (if the price is right, of course).

Give that support act, best be Sevendust, 75 min. (since that's how long their headlining shows in the states are anyway, I think) and AB, their regular 100 min. or so set and that should be enough for a good bill.

I'm still rooting for them to take a chance and go ahead and do "An Evening With" in the UK since those fans missed out on a good amount of songs that AB played in the later shows.

stokie steve
Brand New Start

Post by stokie steve »

have it as co-headling tour i suposse. advertise it a a uk exclusive. i was just thinking say sevendust play 75 minutes. it usually takes half hour do the strike and set up for the main act in the UK the gig has to end for 11.
doors open 6
sevendust- half 7- half 8
alterbridge - 9-11
would that work?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

AB is not going to be playing for two hours, as much as I like them to.

The length of the concert from my perspective when I saw them in LA was that it lasted at about 9:50-11:30 (doors opened at 7 instead of 6, don't know why) and they had two opening bands, before then, that played a total of 80 min. with a 10 min. gap in between.

I'm thinking more like

Doors open 7

Sevendust/or any band that rarely plays UK - 7:30-8:45
AB - 9:15 or 9:20 (or earlier if possible) - 11:00

Should be meaty enough.

stokie steve
Brand New Start

Post by stokie steve »

when last time i saw them at manchester arena they played for hour and 45 minutes suposse a cheeky 15 minute wont harm them as they would have a bigger back catalogue by then :P
venues in the uk especially if your queing up for the apollo on a soldout night you could be waiting around half hour go in if your at the back.

ESPImperium
Bought The CDs

Post by ESPImperium »

Next UK tour will probably be in late 2016 at the very earliest id guess.

Id say the plan would be to bring Sevendust with them as if they gave them a 12 song opening set it would be a crushing evening. Godsmack id say would be looking for a tour of their own, but not venturing to the arenas as they 'are not' large enough as their 'fan base' isn't developed in the UK according to the replies I've been getting them when trying to bully them into a UK tour these past few months. I do hear that Godsmack and Staind could be doing a co-headline tour with a 5 or 6 song opener in 2016.

Ideally, id love to see Alter bridge bring the band i saw last year and rocked the smallest venue i have ever been in, Trapt.

Id say this would work:

Main Doors: 6:00PM
Bowl Doors: 6:30PM
TRAPT: 7:00PM (SET LIST: Bring It, Echo, Still Frame/Sound Off (Rotational Song), Waiting, Headstong)
Interlude #1: 7:30PM
SEVENDUST: 7:55PM (SET LIST: Decay, Praise, Denial, Live Again, Suffocate, Black Out the Sun, Got A Feeling, Face to Face, Pieces/Splinter (Rotational Song), Cold As War) [Maybes get Mark out to play Hope or get Flip on drums to play a Projected song?]
Interlude #2: 8:40PM
ALTER BRIDGE: 9:10PM (15 Song/2 Encore Setlist *DO NOT END ON RISE TODAY*) [That one less song each night would please Myles)
CURFEW: 10:45PM
Audience Out For 11:00PM

AB would have to mix the set up every night. Focus on a core of 7 or 8 songs that are the bands must hear like Blackbird, Addicted, All Ends Well, Isolation and Metalingus, but have that last 7 or 8 songs of the set more B-Sides and the odd deeper cut like Broken Wings.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Deeper cut like Broken Wings? All Ends Well is a must hear?
Thanks Timo!

stokie steve
Brand New Start

Post by stokie steve »

I agree with not ending with rise today every time I've seen them the audiance seem less and less involved with the song. Also they need bring back ' in loving memory'. Always had a good response. Ironically I would love them end the show with ,' the end is here'. That riff at the end just gives me shivers.

stokie steve
Brand New Start

Post by stokie steve »

Rotate blackbird (the song) with fortress as there the longest songs

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Dude, AB don't play 2 hour shows. The only reason they ever did before is for a DVD release.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23