Next AB single

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!

Which song should be the next single?

Bleed It Dry
13%
Peace Is Broken
26%
Calm The Fire
9%
Waters Rising
17%
Farther Than The Sun
13%
Cry A River
4%
Other
17%

Total votes: 23

sam1oq
Brand New Start

Next AB single

Post by sam1oq »

Hey guys, I was thinking: which song on Fortress should be the next single? We've already got "Addicted To Pain" and "Cry Of Achilles" which are both great but there are just so many options for which could be their next single on this album.

I didn't include "Lover" and "All Ends Well" because those two feel too much classical AB. Not that it's bad (the songs are awesome), but I thought it would be great to see something different. You can always disagree with me on this though.

My favorite ones for a next single would be "Calm The Fire" because of the interesting song structure mixed with a great ballad and "Cry A River" for the epic solo. I also like "Waters Rising" because Mark's taking the vocals.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Next AB single

Post by anguyen92 »

I don't know. I don't even know if there is going to be another single. Not really any point of getting another single out if they are not going to do anything after the US tour.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

As long as it's not Cry a River, Waters Rising and Peace is Broken I don't really mind.

I'd honestly go for Lover, but yea..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

sam1oq
Brand New Start

Post by sam1oq »

anguyen92 wrote:I don't know. I don't even know if there is going to be another single. Not really any point of getting another single out if they are not going to do anything after the US tour.
Really? Oh, I didn't know that. I hoped they were going to do another European tour after this one. Too bad if they won't.

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

Best time to release a new single would have been in August or this month (Sept.). With the U.S. tour kicking off in October, it would have made sense to release a new single to promote the tour (especially with COA bombing on the charts) However, I am not surprised a single wasn't released. AB has shown to be mildly incompetent in promoting themselves in the US. Fortunately, AB has Roadrunner internationally that seems to make some effort in promoting the band.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Who the hell cares about an Alter Bridge single? Not even those super maintreamish songs such as Watch Over Your or Wonderful Life were successfull by any means. Dunno what they do wrong, but they don't really know how to promote their Nicklebackish side (which is very small, fortunately).

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Mr. Slash wrote:Who the hell cares about an Alter Bridge single? Not even those super maintreamish songs such as Watch Over Your or Wonderful Life were successfull by any means. Dunno what they do wrong, but they don't really know how to promote their Nicklebackish side (which is very small, fortunately).
Think this is a wrong opinion for many reasons, but whatever.

I doubt there will be one. The window has sorta come and gone

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Who would've thought they actually promoted AB III better than Fortress lol.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Trelose
Loyal Follower

Post by Trelose »

I'd suspect Peace is Broken would be the next single due to that chorus. Too catchy and epic to NOT be a single.
I wanna rise today... And change this world...

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I'd vote for All Ends Well. That song could do great if it's put out there and promoted. Sadly, it's one they haven't done live yet.
Photobucket cash grab.

Trelose
Loyal Follower

Post by Trelose »

Ryan wrote:I'd vote for All Ends Well. That song could do great if it's put out there and promoted. Sadly, it's one they haven't done live yet.
Also a likely choice. Didn't think about that.
I wanna rise today... And change this world...

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I'd want Peace is Broken just because they usually play their current singles live and we haven't heard PiB live yet...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB4Lyfe wrote:I'd want Peace is Broken just because they usually play their current singles live and we haven't heard PiB live yet...
AB logic: releases hardest song to perform live on the album as a single just so they can stress each and every night about playing that riff.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:I'd want Peace is Broken just because they usually play their current singles live and we haven't heard PiB live yet...
AB logic: releases hardest song to perform live on the album as a single just so they can stress each and every night about playing that riff.
See: I Know It Hurts

8)
Photobucket cash grab.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Bleed it Dry has one of the most epic solos I've ever heard. It's pretty hardcore too in the other portions, if anything on this album was to pull in new fans (sans Cry of Achilles for being fairly unique), I'd say it is that one.

I would shy away from Waters Rising. Every time I hear it, the part about drowning everyone in the chorus just stands out as awkward and why would you want the only song Mark has ever been the lead on in AB representing the band's sound?

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

The song is about the apocalypse, dude. The lyric fits perfectly.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Isn't lover already a single though?

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

JSlade wrote:The song is about the apocalypse, dude. The lyric fits perfectly.
By that reasoning they could have something in there about someone's endtrails spilling out. :shrug It fits, but it still jumps out to me, especially in the first chorus where it's all melodic. I like parts of it, I just don't think it should be a single.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Fish Tacos wrote:why would you want the only song Mark has ever been the lead on in AB representing the band's sound?
Agreed. I like the song on the album because it makes the album a bit more diverse, but I don't think it's single material.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Fish Tacos wrote:Bleed it Dry has one of the most epic solos I've ever heard. It's pretty hardcore too in the other portions, if anything on this album was to pull in new fans (sans Cry of Achilles for being fairly unique), I'd say it is that one.

I would shy away from Waters Rising. Every time I hear it, the part about drowning everyone in the chorus just stands out as awkward and why would you want the only song Mark has ever been the lead on in AB representing the band's sound?
believe it or not, some people... maybe even most, care more about the sound of the chorus/vocals than the actual instrumentals.