Rockline

Flip's new side project with Erock, and John & Vince from Sevendust.
Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Rockline

Post by Jhenrid »

Everybody but erock was on rockline last night. Did anybody listen?

axlar
Site Admin

Re: Rockline

Post by axlar »

i had to miss it as it was aired at around 5am my time..
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

I caught a little bit of it. Flip mentioned that AB are planning to reconvene in early January to start work on the record. (Though who knows, maybe Myles & Mark are planning to get together in December to write the songs.) They are aiming to have it out by mid-2013, if not late 2013.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

abw1987 wrote:I caught a little bit of it. Flip mentioned that AB are planning to reconvene in early January to start work on the record. (Though who knows, maybe Myles & Mark are planning to get together in December to write the songs.) They are aiming to have it out by mid-2013, if not late 2013.
That'll end up being a mistake. They said it on the "Making of Blackbird" videos that it was better they took a long time to write the record.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

You do realize that they are always writing right? Also what may have worked then may not work now as they are a lot busier now.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

theyre recording in januari, so i guess they must have most of the writing done by then.. mark is constantly pitching ideas back and forth to myles.. so i guess they have a nice library of ideas..
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Man, I've got a feeling they'll spend even less time in this album than in the previous one.. I hope it's for the better of the album! Imagine if they recorded Come To Life or Buried Alive earlier, without editing it to the version we've got now ;)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Timotheus wrote:Man, I've got a feeling they'll spend even less time in this album than in the previous one.. I hope it's for the better of the album! Imagine if they recorded Come To Life or Buried Alive earlier, without editing it to the version we've got now ;)
Well a lot of people prefer those versions. Personally I like both and think the should release both, but hey that's just me.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Yea, I like those better too. That's why I was mentioning them. Spending a lot of time can make you overthink stuff. Sometimes a spontaneous album is a lot more effective, if the mood is captured right in the studio.

It works in both ways though.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.