*Human Review Thread*

Flip's new side project with Erock, and John & Vince from Sevendust.
JaredWard
Blood Machines

*Human Review Thread*

Post by JaredWard »

Post your "Human" reviews here!

My mini-review...

As most of you know I was lucky enough to get the album early since I'm a part of the album art :) I've probably listened to it top to bottom at least a dozen times now & it gets better with each listen!

Musically it's very much related to Sevendust & AB - melodic and heavy. No real surprises... just straight up in your face Rock. There are a few solos (killer one in Closure) but what really stood out to me is John's vocals and Flip's drum sound. I never knew John had such a great voice & Eric's backing vocals really compliment everything. Drum tone is much better than AB III and Blackbird imo. (not sure about ODR... love the tones he got on that album).

Favorite tracks: (in no particular order)
Watch It Burn
Bring You Back
The Crown
Closure

The only negatives I can come up with is that some of the album clips in certain spots... I'm guessing this happened in the mastering process. Other than that I think you guys are going to dig it, especially if you love Sevendust. I'm excited to see where the guys take this!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: *Human Review Thread*

Post by Andy92 »

I've listened to the album a handful of times so far, and I think it's a really solid record. I can hear some Submersed influence throughout the album. The solo in Alive has that In Due Time guitar tone, would be curious to know if Erock plays that one.

If you like Sevendust, you'll love the album. LaJon even makes an appearance for some guest vocals on Bring You Back. But I really enjoy hearing John sing. I think he has a great voice for this style of music, and his vocals on the closer, Breaking Me, are very raw. Almost has a Rob Zombie sound in the chorus imo.

Flip's drumming comes through nice and clear on the album. His hi-hat work is pretty prevalent in most of the songs, and I think his patterns stay fresh throughout the record. Elvis did a tremendous job mixing all the levels for all the instruments I think. As Jared mentioned, you can hear some clipping from time to time, but none of the music gets drowned out as far as the mix is concerned.

Favorites:
The Crown
Alive
Breaking Me
Watch It Burn
So Low

Really hope these guys keep this band going for a while. I'd love to get future albums/extensive tours (especially since I have a VIP pass lol).
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

John is a great vocalist. Listen to his solo vocal part at the end of Sevendust's "Burn."
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

WkdSelina
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WkdSelina »

I can't write reviews 'cause I'm bad at stuff like that but I'm really enjoying the album!

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Update:

I've listened to it once. I like some of the songs but not all. Unfortunately some songs lack an identity and sound too similar to other songs on the record. The lead singer is...okay. His voice takes some getting used to. Flip did a good job. Some moments of erocks guitar work was good, but I felt musically the record was a little generic on some songs. The guitaris really don't shine like tremontis guitars do. I was surprised by the lack of solos.
Last edited by nagpo on Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TREMONSTER
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TREMONSTER »

Hello and Watch it Burn kick ass and are my favorites. I also like So Low, Closure and 12804
*Courtesy of Alter Bridge Bangladesh Facebook

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Oh man!!! The music is so good! Not a huge lover of John's voice right now, it will grow on me. Suppose im so used to the bands ive listened to years! New music is hard to come by nowadays!

Loving it all though, its a great mix between heavy rock and metal. Flip is sick in it!

Decay

Post by Decay »

Human is a great record, really enjoyed the music and all, but the lyrics are poor.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

i fucking loved this album.

My favorites are probably "Stella" and "Bring You Back" because of lajon's vocals on both those songs kick ass. The album as a whole is great. I can't wait to hear more from these guys.
Thanks Andy!

Rosenblaetter
Loyal Follower

Post by Rosenblaetter »

I love the intro. The rest left me rather indifferent.
FYI I'm a woman.
--------------------
Past shows: Alter Bridge 10.11 NL, Kensington 11.11 NL, Alter Bridge 16.11 PL
Future shows: Kensington 15.02 DE, Kensington 17.02 PL, Rival Sons 18.02 PL

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Heres my honest/short review:

The album is mediocre. There is absolutely nothing special about this kind of music. Everything from lyrics to melodies to vocals to the music, its BORING. Over Produced, plastic. Where is the good rock music heading? down the drain. I hope, I really hope, with the way ABIII turned out, that alterbridge dosn't turn into a mediocre emo wannabe metal band. This kinda music is as commercial as it can get(sonically).

Best of luck to the prjoected guys for their future releases, hope they do a much better job.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Them Bones wrote:Heres my honest/short review:

The album is mediocre. There is absolutely nothing special about this kind of music. Everything from lyrics to melodies to vocals to the music, its BORING. Over Produced, plastic. Where is the good rock music heading? down the drain. I hope, I really hope, with the way ABIII turned out, that Alter Bridge dosn't turn into a mediocre emo wannabe metal band. This kinda music is as commercial as it can get(sonically).

Best of luck to the prjoected guys for their future releases, hope they do a much better job.
Finally, someone said that. I have to agree, I listened to that record once and nothing will bring me back to this album at all. The one decent song is Watch It Burn.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Damn this band sucks, wtf Flip

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Nice of you to drop in.

osmosis2259
Brand New Start

Post by osmosis2259 »

I really dig this. My favorite tracks are Hello, So Low, 12804, The Crown, and Stella.

I was really impressed with the drum sound. They sound massive and much better than any of the AB albums in my opinion.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Flip should be getting together with Brian Marshall and working on some Creed tunes instead of being part of such a crappy project. No offence to anybody here, but why are these guys involved in AB,Sevendust etc trying their best to put mediocre and boring shit out? Am glad atleast Brian stays out of it. Quality guys, quality.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

This album has grown on me over the last couple months. I was listening to it on the plane a couple weeks ago, and I experienced a moment where I thought, "this is actually pretty good."

I remember when I first heard it, I really dug the sound and the overall vibe, but none of the songs struck me as particularly good. The whole record seemed like one continuous, monotonous song.

I guess it's one of those albums that gets better over time.

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

So I finally got around to picking this up a couple weeks ago. It's not bad. Better than I thought it would be. Why does flip's drumming sound so much better in this?

I like The Crown and Closure. Breaking Me is my favorite.

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

Does anybody remember which song Mark Tremonti help co-write?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Maybe Watch It Burn? I can't really remember Tremonti co-writing one though lol.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.