New Album comes (probably) late 2020!

Flip's new side project with Erock, and John & Vince from Sevendust.
nagpo
On The Rail

Re: New Album comes (probably) late 2020!

Post by nagpo »

its an okay song

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

It's an okay album. Somehow this Sevendust type of songwriting doesn't really work outside of Sevendust.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

On a first listen last night, it's very much Projected doing what they've done for 10 years now.
I'm enjoying the production a lot more this time around. I loved the songs on Ignite My Insanity but the production was SO cluttered and booming...
The songs on Hypoxia are fine if not pretty standard for the band at this point. Basically a lovechild of Tremonti and Sevendust (not at all a bad thing!)
I enjoy the inclusion of a few softer moments on this album! Aside from Faith on IMI, that album brought a lot of aggression. Hypoxia slows it down some and really focuses on John's vocals and melodies.

Another tidbit I just learned that inspired this rant...
Mark Tremonti wrote the lyrics and melody for My Addiction on this album! Listening to that one again, it's easily the most Tremonti sounding song here.

Overall, if I needed to give it a star rating this early, I'd probably give it a 7.5. It's very solid though a bit samey, and I'm enjoying the mixing a whole lot more this time around.

If only Projected could get around to playing a handful of live gigs!

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

This is good stuff! I feel like we're usually pretty Meh about Projected (myself included), but I actually really enjoyed my first full listen. John really took a big step forward vocally IMO.