Question on Creed's Wind Up contract

A place for all Creed discussion.
RuRo
Loyal Follower

Re: Question on Creed's Wind Up contract

Post by RuRo »

Yeah, Full Circle isn't amazing but I don't think it's terrible, even though people talk like that is an accepted fact just because it didn't sell as well as old Creed albums (which no Creed album could ever do now, regardless of how good it is). I'd probably take it over My Own Prison, although the latter has a few brilliant songs.

And I reckon the production of Full Circle did not matter whatsoever in how well it sold. I've never even seen many complains about its production (except maybe the generic complains that people have about just about all music in the past decade), and I highly doubt there was ever anyone who was one click away from buying the album, but then listened to a sample and said "That production is not organic enough!" and decided not go buy it.

Marcos
Achilles

Post by Marcos »

BSC wrote:I'm always confused when people get into big discussions about the quality of Full Circle, because I think it's a decent album I'd rather listen to it than Human Clay (which is incredibly overrated, I don't think there's anything special about it) or Weathered.

Time, The Song You Sing, Rain and Suddenly are probably in my top 10 all time Creed favourites
Well, I respect your opinion but... :fingerwag you're wrong. And not because of your Top 10 Creed songs, but by the manner of how you dismissed Human Clay.

If Faceless Man isn't special, what is? The whole atmosphere in Human Clay is great. It's quite frankly my all-time favorite album, by any band.

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

Marcos wrote:
BSC wrote:I'm always confused when people get into big discussions about the quality of Full Circle, because I think it's a decent album I'd rather listen to it than Human Clay (which is incredibly overrated, I don't think there's anything special about it) or Weathered.

Time, The Song You Sing, Rain and Suddenly are probably in my top 10 all time Creed favourites
Well, I respect your opinion but... :fingerwag you're wrong. And not because of your Top 10 Creed songs, but by the manner of how you dismissed Human Clay.

If Faceless Man isn't special, what is? The whole atmosphere in Human Clay is great. It's quite frankly my all-time favorite album, by any band.
Never felt that Faceless Man was one of the best Creed songs . I mean it's good, but it'd probably land outside my top 10 :shrug So would Time, The Song You Sing, Rain and Suddenly for that matter though.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Marcos wrote:

I do agree that it has a certain atmosphere, and there's definately songs on Human Clay that are good, if not great, like Faceless Man and Wash Away Those Years (which would be in my top 10), but the song writing on the majority of the album just seems really shitty to me. Some of the choruses are the worst I've heard, I swear there's atleast three songs on that album where the chorus is just Scott yelling the song's name repeatedly. Say I and Wrong Way seem like pretty much the same song on repeat. And Higher and With Arms Wide Open are two of the cheesiest songs I have heard.

I do enjoy Are You Ready? Beautiful and sometimes What If (but alot of the time the chorus just bugs me), and of course Faceless Man with Wash Away Those Years, but there's alot of "meh" on Human Clay for an album which is so highly thought of by fans. On a related note, Young Grow Old is a beast of a song, and should have been on the album.

Marcos
Achilles

Post by Marcos »

The Brazilian edition of Human Clay has Young Grow Old as a bonus track! :D

Beautiful is worth because of its bridge. One of the best, if not the best, Mark's ever written. It changes the song completely.

Never Die is the same, it's one of my favorite songs too. The whole album is incredible, but it's like wine: you have to learn how to appreciate it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Classic case of opinionated music fans with differing opinions. Good stuff

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

/\

Classic case of douchebaggery
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Them Bones wrote:/\

Classic case of douchebaggery
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=15
Photobucket cash grab.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

I stand by my statement

Der_Metzgermeister
Loyal Follower

Post by Der_Metzgermeister »

By all means, stand by your own opinions, just express them without insulting others please, that's the point.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

its funny how you mods act sometimes. That Jim kid goes on insulting a lotta people in here and a specific musician and he is a mod?? What are you guys blind?

Der_Metzgermeister
Loyal Follower

When we see something wrong, we deal with it, no matter who it is from. Not everything we do is open on the public board, we speak with people in many different ways. Don't assume that just because there's no post here you can quote, that it hasn't been dealt with and spoken about if we consider it to be wrong. You look after yourself and your attitude and you'll be fine, we're here to deal with the rest.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: see what I did there!?! (i don't)

Post by zazthespaz »

/\

Classic case of moderating
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

lel

Der_Metzgermeister
Loyal Follower

Re: see what I did there!?! (i don't)

zazthespaz wrote:/\

Classic case of moderating
I'll have you know we're thinking of changing our name to Stijn featuring Marcos Kennedy and the Administrators. Don't know if it will catch on :shifty

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Well, it depends on whether or not the general people here thought that the first name would actually catch on when the name was mentioned.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I don't think Stijn will catch on :(
Photobucket cash grab.

Der_Metzgermeister
Loyal Follower

Plus he's about twice the size of Slash...

Marcos
Achilles

Post by Marcos »

Marcos Kennedy? Mmmm, I guess I could marry Myles, yes... why not?! :embarrassed :lol LOL!

Der_Metzgermeister
Loyal Follower

You're the only admin whose name began with M, damnit!