Should Scott Stapp form a new band ?

Yes
68%
No
33%

Total votes: 40

AustinH22
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Should Scott Stapp form a new band ?

Post by AustinH22 »

he needs to pick a new career at this point. singing is not a talent of his anymore unfortunately.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Yeah, wouldnt say he needs to choose another career, but I don't think its very hard to work on making singing his talent again.. Vocal exercises put in a daily regime can do wonders to the worst of the worst singers, and Stapp has not been that bad in 2012.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Sorry to bump this thread, but I think now, more than ever, is the time for Stapp to start a new band. He just can't go on playing 75%,of Creed songs in his sets with average musicians.
Not only are the crowds slimmer and slimmer, but he's hurting the Creed name as much as his own in the process.
Scott needs to understand Creed is a thing of the past. Fans have moved on for the most part, but he still has a potential career ahead of him if he's ready to take chances instead of relying on past hit songs. The guy is only 42 years old and has decades of performances ahead of him if he's able to stay clean and sober.

I only see advantages in creating a new band with decent musicians :
- Stapp will only be one of four members, and he won't have to be the one and only center of attention all the time
- he won't have to play karaoke versions of Creed tunes every night
- he'll be able to perform new songs and show another side of his talent.
- he won't have to rely on Tremonti's and Alter Bridge's agendas anymore. Stapp has spent too much time hoping for a Creed reunion in the last 10 years, and look how much damage it has brought to his mental health. It's time to move on and let go, for real this time.

Look at Mark. He took chances when everyone though he was a one trick poney. He refused to play Creed songs in 2004 and 2005, and it gave him a lot of confidence. It's time for Stapp to do the same and show he can be succesful in another serious band with serious musicians. Do it, Scott !

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

I think Creed will be back in 2017

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Vaux wrote:I think Creed will be back in 2017
Possible. That would be after AB's next record and Myles will be with slash no doubt. Unless mark and stapp put out new solo records in that time, it would be possible.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Hard to say. I mean AB always does festivals like Download and Rock on the Range, the year after the album is out, and I can't see them breaking that mold, especially if they are a "candidate" to headline Download in 2017 (I don't want them to for various reasons, which I have mentioned in other posts).

That pretty much fills up late April to June. If anything is going to happen regarding projects not AB or Tremonti (band)-related, it may happen in late 2017, but AB needs a good block of time to fill everything that they want to and should do, so I don't know. I'm always leaning towards the let's see what happens option.

As for Stapp forming a new band, I say why not? Do something that is not Creed-related at all and showcase himself in another outlet. Who would be in this band though that he has connections with and willing to work with him?

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Well, it looks like Stapp is part of a new band.
He talked about it in a couple of interviews, and details about it should be released around the end of February.
Also, he's stopped smoking and is now vaping. He had only started around 2008, and was smoking 2 packs a day ! We'll see in the future it that helps him improve vocally.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

I hope this is true and he will be fine in a new band. Maybe he'll surprise us and offer some great new music. Best thing out of this, just my personal opinion, is that the door towards Creed could be finally closed and the other guys can concentrate on the other bands and projects. Good thing he stopped smoking ! Better for his voice and health. No more Creed please !

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

As long as this new band is not another "I have to carry on the Creed torch" project, I'm really optimistic about this.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Heard rumours that sevendust guys might possibly be involved, with all due respect to the band and the fans, I hope not. Stapp cannot be a part of another cheesy modern rock outfit, he has a lotta cheese to offer himself. I hope its a well thought of project with some serious musicians who are willing to try something new. Stapp really needs to channel his vibes of good rock which hasn't done since 2002. I hope its not not an all start scene just to grab some cash and run with it.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

As I said on the other topic, my bet is on a country band. He could actually have a shot at being succesful on that scene.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Isn't country rock a pretty redneck-ish genre?

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

It's a genre where it's OK to talk about God constantly.
He'll just have to buy a cowboy hat and speak in a Southern accent.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Honestly, if it's him & the Sevendust guys I'll be insanely stoked! Those guys are incredible. Not only that but they have cred with tons of Rock/Metal fans which would help Stapp's reputation if all goes well. If it's not them I would love to see him collaborate with Carl Bell (Fuel) or at least someone with great songwriting ability.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Carl Bell needs to get back into music

Would be great if he and Brett could mend the fences

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

i never did know the complete story why they split. Just remember the story of bell hitting brett with a guitar that fucked him up bad.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

facelessman07 wrote:Carl Bell needs to get back into music

Would be great if he and Brett could mend the fences
According to Kevin (drums) there's no chance. lol I made a comment on one of his FB posts where he was looking for a gig and he pretty much said it's a lost cause. I guess he or his agent tried to reach out to Brett & he ignored their calls.

Also a reminder that according to Brian he has a country project in the works with the Carl & Kevin... so who knows if Stapp is involved with that.