Should Scott Stapp form a new band ?

Yes
68%
No
33%

Total votes: 40

sflonstage
Brand New Start

Re: Should Scott Stapp form a new band ?

Post by sflonstage »

The last time I saw Scott solo was opening date of his acoustic tour after the 20/10 tour in Lauderdale. He had Eric Friedman and Garrett Whitlock as part of his band and they sounded pretty good. I can't speak for anyone else but I thought The Great Divide was a stellar album, and to me, it sounded like what the next Creed album should have sounded like. I would be curious to hear what kind of album Scott could put together with Eric and Garrett, definitely over the older guy he has had with him while he's been doing his book tour.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Great Divide suffered because of Scott's sobriety & according to his book he never finished the vocals. They used his demo vocals for the most part.

sflonstage
Brand New Start

Post by sflonstage »

That explains some of the rawness on a track like "Reach Out," evenstill, the album sounded great. Especially the title track and "Surround Me," "Justify."

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

JaredWard wrote:Great Divide suffered because of Scott's sobriety & according to his book he never finished the vocals. They used his demo vocals for the most part.
I just finished his book Tuesday night and when I read that they were his demo vocals I was a bit surprised. Having heard the album I never would've thought that.
Photobucket cash grab.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

I finished the book a couple of days ago and it was a pretty interesting book. Very well written and edited. I was surprised by a lot of things and shocked by others but I felt a lot of honesty from him.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

InternalStorm
Brand New Start

Post by InternalStorm »

I'm not sure if they were in the end all demo vocals..it sounded like half way through he only had the demo vocals but he may have recorded more later on. Hard to tell from the book.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

After listening to Relearn Love so long ago (killer tune with killer backup band btw), I could tell a noticeable difference in Scott's vocals on The Great Divide when it came out. Guess that explains some of it

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

If it's the version with the sweet guitar solo then the band supporting him was The Tea Party. Pretty much my favorite band. On that subject does he mention why that never worked out in his book?

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

No, he doesn't. He only mention the song "Relearn Love" once and he doesn't explain it.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

Too bad. Must've had to do with Jeff Martin moreso than Stapp. When I talked to Scott a couple years ago he spoke very highly of them.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

I know this isn't how you meant it, Jared, but lol @ "sobriety got in the way." Like he can't perform unless he's all hopped up on something. Sobriety definitely got in the way for Scott Weiland. But, you know, if those vocals were demos, he should really look into just doing vocals that way for future albums. What he did on Great Divide sounded so much cleaner and better than Full Circle.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Stapp definitely should form another band. I don't really see stapp as a solo artist but one who belongs in a proper band. There are enough musicians out there that Stapp should get in touch with and collaborate and form another killer band. The way things are with Creed, Stapp will be wasting his time if he decides to compromise on his music career depending upon Creed.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

@Brian lol Yeah... you know what I mean. The reason Full Circle didn't sound as "clean" is because his vocal chords have been shot since 08 & I still have no idea how he went from singing so clearly in 08 to barely being able to talk in 09. I've heard allergies were the cause but I guess he would have addressed that in the book if it happened. Either that or he just wants to keep his vocal troubles quiet and act like nothing happened.

Krypticism
Brand New Start

Post by Krypticism »

I think it'd be interesting if he just went with a supergroup. There are plenty of other artists who are looking for side projects and he knows quite a few people in the business. His solo album had a few decent tunes, but I'm not really looking forward to a second one. The rest of his friends are jumping around from band to band and it's definitely been worth their while. He's a recognizable singer and carries a ton of influence, but I for one think it'd be good for him to blend up some creativity and get him back in the game. Who knows, whoever he has tag along could make for a refreshing new band and the next Creed album might even benefit from the experience.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Even thought I'm pretty sure he'll never have the balls to actually start a "proper" new band with decent musicians, I'd love Stapp to show the skeptics he can be succesful without Mark.
I hate the fact that every couple of years, he's sitting on his ass waiting for Mark and the guys to give him some Creed time (yeah yeah, I know he's spending some quality time with his family, but he should focus a little bit more on his career IMHO).

I'm sure he could find a proper guitarist with whom he'd get creative just like he used to be with Mark (let's be honest guys, as much as we want them to bond together again, these days are pretty much over). When you think about it, it's a shame nobody except from the die hard Creed fans has heard from him in 10 years.

All I hope is that he'll be hungry again and stop singing cheesy stuff about his wife, his kids and religion. He needs a brand new start (pun intended) in his career, and just to piss Mark off, I'd really love him to have a huge hit with his new band. Then Mark would have to take his turn and wait for a year for Stapp to come back to Creed, and maybe then he'd realize Creed was a special band that needed more of his attention.

Probably never gonna happen though :/

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

chtimixeur wrote: He needs a brand new start (pun intended) in his career, and just to piss Mark off, I'd really love him to have a huge hit with his new band. Then Mark would have to take his turn and wait for a year for Stapp to come back to Creed, and maybe then he'd realize Creed was a special band that needed more of his attention.

Would be quite interesting to see, but yeah like you said never gonna happen. The Great Divide proved he can't reach the same level of success without Mark

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Not per se. It proves that Mark's a better songwriter, but Scott + another great songwriter could work really well.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

MidnightToker wrote:
chtimixeur wrote: He needs a brand new start (pun intended) in his career, and just to piss Mark off, I'd really love him to have a huge hit with his new band. Then Mark would have to take his turn and wait for a year for Stapp to come back to Creed, and maybe then he'd realize Creed was a special band that needed more of his attention.

Would be quite interesting to see, but yeah like you said never gonna happen. The Great Divide proved he can't reach the same level of success without Mark
Well, it's not like Alter Bridge ever reached Creed level of success.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Let's give Stapp to Slash and let AB go ahead full steam lol.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Krypticism
Brand New Start

Post by Krypticism »

Like I said, I just really think it'd do everyone some good for Scott to mix it up a little and try to get another project going. I know that he's a great writer, but I feel like he's just stagnating because of the whole situation as if he's trying to just hold on to that Creed vibe. Doing another solo project will not get him any attention, forming a group with a couple of other musicians with open time would probably catch a few articles.

After Creed, Mark went out and worked to be better while Scott really just wanted to retain what he had gained.