New Creed Album Doubtful. Newer Stapp Interview...

A place for all Creed discussion.
Jim
Blood Machines

Re: New Creed Album Doubtful. Newer Stapp Interview...

Post by Jim »

eRock is certainly not a front man, but he is certainly a better singer than Stapp in 2012. His harmonising ability is sick, the guy is an encyclopedia of harmonies, licks and jams. If the band want and feel the need for him to be there ON STAGE ONLY, then i feel bad for Creed if 99% of their fans dont respect their professional choices.

But hey, thats just what i think.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I think Erock is often off with his harmonies. I never really noticed this in Creed (didn't watch that many video's so I guess that isn't so weird), but in Mark's solo band his voice often bothers me.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Eric is a cool guy, but fuck. I hate his backing vocals unless I'm listening to all I was. I feel it helps in the studio, but live, just sounds wayyyy to high and annoying. Won't kill my buzz at the Tremonti show tuesday though :peace

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I was talking about eRock as a whole musician, not just his role in Creed. Or ex-role in Creed now they're probably going to be on an 18 month hiatus

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

I love ERock's backing vocals live. Sure... every singer has off nights but for the most part his pitch is great.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Not all that down about them choosing to go AB over Creed. Not gonna lie.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Well, I think it's been pretty well established that they were planning on reconvening with Alter Bridge in early 2013. So if Creed's been together touring for the bulk of this year, and nothing happened in the realm of writing / creating new music, then that window has just passed and it's AB's turn again. And Mark and the guys have said multiple times that AB is still their main focus, so it's natural that that would take precedent over whatever else comes along, be it Creed, Tremonti Project, Slash, whatever. Kinda sucks cause I would have LOVED to hear what Creed could come up with in terms of a new album, especially with the talk of trying to get back to their old MOP-ish sound. But, that's hard for them to do to as they've all grown as musicians and are in a totally different place now. At the end of the day, I've always said that I care more about the guys putting out what they're comfortable and happy with than hearing them be whatever I want them to be.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

TenaciousBe wrote:Well, I think it's been pretty well established that they were planning on reconvening with Alter Bridge in early 2013. So if Creed's been together touring for the bulk of this year, and nothing happened in the realm of writing / creating new music, then that window has just passed and it's AB's turn again.
But what gets to me about this is that during the writing/recording time that was meant for creed, Tremonti decided to spend all this time on his solo album.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Well, the solo album was all done early on in the year. Those of us at the listening party listened to the finished product back in April, so there was still all summer while they were touring with Creed for that writing to happen. And we don't know what goes on behind closed doors - maybe the chemistry just wasn't there for Creed right now? Or for whatever reason, nothing has happened with Creed besides the touring process. Or maybe they'll do more work on the next album in a month or two when they're back on the road together for the international tour, and we'll still get some recording sessions in the early part of the year and then do the AB thing in the spring? It's hard to tell with these blokes.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

With Stapp currently recording and staying with John Kurzweg, I could see it igniting some fire between the two strong enough to get mark and the rest in on it. I don't know. I do know I want new Creed though, and am curious as to how Stapp's book song will sound with Kurzweg helping record and mix it.

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

The problem is they never set a real deadline to record a new Creed album. They made the decision to take their time in writing material. They would have had to sacrifice the spring 2012 tour really record an album ... basically what they did in 2009. With some many projects going on that's the only way you can record an album. Unlike AB, the label has a lot more say on what the recording process is going to be. This slows things down even more.

To make a good album, they need three months to write and record. Then another few weeks to mix and master. After that, it takes another 2-3 months to really promote the album. So, that is basically 5-7 months to release an album. They didn't really have that time considering how much touring they did.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

If new Creed isn't done, it's like just because it isn't ready, for whatever reason. Who knows, for all we know, they could be waiting for a bunch of What If's, Higher's, etcs... Maybe they want huge songs. Maybe this is the last Creed record, and they truly want it to be the best it can be. Even if that means waiting years to put it out.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

a thing most of the people on both sides seem to overlook: mark is constantly writing, duting tours, during dinner, any time.. and he will file ideas under the different projects.. he has come up with creed stuff during AB touring, and vice versa.. its not like he has to make an appointment with his agenda to set a time and date to write stuff for a certain band..

also, during the creed tour mark has been sending back and forth ideas to myles about new songs for the new AB record.. in january they will finalize ideas and start recording.. so its not like they need to invent each and every songs from scratch!
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Erock hooked me up with passes for the Tremonti show tomorrow in Nashville, and you can be damn sure I'm going to ask about Creed V :rockon

Show's gunna be a fucking blast.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

awesome. try to ask him about some of the old creed b-sides

Marcos
Achilles

Post by Marcos »

Ryan wrote:it wouldn't bother me if the Creed record was put on hold and they focused on AB. i want another AB album. as much as i love the side projects and as much as i used to like Creed, AB has replaced them as my favorite band now. so, since they're my favorite band, i want them to make an album. if the Creed album is put on hold because of it, i'm fine with it, especially if they release another Creed album after it. but, they'll do what they want or what they think is the right thing to do, so it doesn't matter what i want.
:yeahthat :yeahthat :yeahthat :yeahthat

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Stijn nailed it

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

ok so i got scared and didn't ask about creed
whatever :wtf

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

lel

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

To those who want Erock in the band, I have one question for you : would you like to see Led Zeppelin or Rage Against The Machine with a second guitar player ? I know I wouldn't, because it would ruin the essence of the band. It's pretty much the same with Creed for me.