New Creed Album Doubtful. Newer Stapp Interview...

A place for all Creed discussion.
George
Loyal Follower

Re: New Creed Album Doubtful. Newer Stapp Interview...

Post by George »

I wish they track and release the new album as soon as possible. I really don't care as much for AB anymore. I am pretty happy they're leaving USA for touring overseas, that's a great move for Creed. Hope they track the album in December/January and release it soon.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

^ Yea, I don't think that's going to happen, lol.. Mark loves some time off during the Christmas period to spend time with his family..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

I also don't think that's not going to happen! :D Just wrote what I would like to.
Creed
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Have to echo the people's opinions who say this is a mistake. AB should get back together to write over the holidays and into January, but then this Spring should be focused on recording the Creed album. Record the Alter Bridge album next summer. They're already practically putting the recording of the two albums up against each other in the scheduling - might as well stick with the one where the momentum is.

BCR
Brand New Start

Post by BCR »

Initially I was a little disappointed in Full Circle. The album to me, felt a little thrown together. Although, after listening to it, I have become to enjoy it more. I will always bee a fan of Creed, but ABIII sounded like there was more time, and more quality was put into the album. Although, it wasn't as "in your face" as Blackbird, it was still a solid album. AB is still gaining a fan base while Creed is stuck with theirs from the early 2000's. Personally I feel like Creed needs to do something different. For instance, add Eric Friedman to the line up. I support both bands in all that they do. I don't think Scott or Mark want to throw Creed down the drain. After all, it's how they got started.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

See, as much as I like erock, I don't think he should even be touring with them. Creed was Scott, Brian, Mark, and Flip.
Photobucket cash grab.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Ryan wrote:See, as much as I like erock, I don't think he should even be touring with them. Creed was Scott, Brian, Mark, and Flip.
:yeahthat

I think that Erock was mainly hired to fill the background during Mark's solos on Full Circle tracks and classics like With Arms Wide Open and My Own Prison. "97-00 Creed" didn't have to have a second guitar because Brian have been doing his job really well in keeping rhythm lines. Just let them record as quarter and see what will happen.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

I kind of figured this would happen. Just looking at their schedule, I couldn't really imagine them finding the time to record it any time soon. My guess would be an early 2014 release.

I agree with Ryan. As much as I love Creed, I would kill for a new AB album right now.

Frankly, Creed is really just nostalgia for me at this point. I just can't see them ever really recreating the magic of 1997-2001. They've all changed so much, and I'm sure their songwriting chemistry is a lot different these days. Not that I wouldn't appreciate a new Creed album, and I'm sure they're capable of writing and recordings something great.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Not surprised by this at all.
To me, it looks like Mark is trying to build a fanbase for his solo project, so that he doesn't have to tour with Creed when Myles is off with Slash. Creed seems to be his least favourite project right now.

As to Erock : I don't think he's worthy of being in Creed. Submersed was extremely generic for me, he's a subpar songwriter, and the only reason he's "living the dream" is because he's Mark's best friend. I guess adding him as a touring guitarist was a way for Mark to have more fun on the road with Creed (and now, he can have his friend on the road with his solo project !)

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

chtimixeur wrote:As to Erock : I don't think he's worthy of being in Creed. Submersed was extremely generic for me, he's a subpar songwriter, and the only reason he's "living the dream" is because he's Mark's best friend. I guess adding him as a touring guitarist was a way for Mark to have more fun on the road with Creed (and now, he can have his friend on the road with his solo project !)
Thing about ERock, and remember that this is just my opinion, is that he's the future. Imagine the kind of influence Tremonti can have on him. He spends a lot of time with Mark, which means a lot of new ideas could spawn. If he really learns from Mark, he could possibly start his own band with that influence (Projected is just a side project, but he probably still wrote some of their material).

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Good for him if he learns a few tricks from Mark. But that doesn't mean I want to listen to what he's composing.
He was not there during Creed's prime, and IMHO, Creed doesn't need a second guitar player (they're not a traditional hard rock or metal band after all).

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

I like him and I think he's great with Creed. Just don't think his backing vocals are very good though.
Creed
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

sflonstage
Brand New Start

Post by sflonstage »

At the end of the day, AB kind of needs Creed if anything just for the financial reasons. I can't imagine that, as successful as they are in the UK that's it's enough to sustain them i n the US. Creed is also helping people to know who AB is in the US for those who weren't aware of them.
I think Eric is good for adding the extra instrumentation on some songs, like "Faceless Man" and "Are You Ready," but is he really necessary for the full set... We don't exactly know how much Eric has progressed since Submersed but, I agree with chtimixeur, Submersed was just kind of bland. One would hope over the years under Mark's wing he's gotten to be, not just a better musician, but a better writer. Afterall, who cares how good a technical player your song writing isn't very good

JustinVaughnTaylor
Brand New Start

Post by JustinVaughnTaylor »

I disagree. Submersed were one of the best bands to come out of the post grunge era. Hands down. Great song writing. However, that only includes their debut. Anything after that is just mediocre at best.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

met a lot of ppl at the hostels in the USA.. when i said i was going to see Tremonti, they asked "who?".. being in the usa i decided to irst go for "the guitarist for creed", they go "who?", so i continue, the guitarist for alter bridge, and then ppl said "they rock" ... so i guess theyre getting there!!!

also mark made it clear to stapp that creed aint gonna happen next year as alter bridge will take the studios in january and will tour after the album..
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

axlar wrote:, so i continue, the guitarist for alter bridge,
That should have gone first hahahaha ;D
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

dolo1993 wrote:
axlar wrote:, so i continue, the guitarist for alter bridge,
That should have gone first hahahaha ;D
as i said.. i figured everyone in usa knows creed better than ab..
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

I honestly don't mind this. I used to be all fired up about Creed returning, but after Full Circle...don't get me wrong, it was a pretty good album, and had a few great songs, but it just didn't do much for me like the Alter Bridge records do.

I really want them to focus on AB for awhile, and put out an awesome new Alter Bridge album before anything else.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

abw1987 wrote:Frankly, Creed is really just nostalgia for me at this point. I just can't see them ever really recreating the magic of 1997-2001. They've all changed so much, and I'm sure their songwriting chemistry is a lot different these days. Not that I wouldn't appreciate a new Creed album, and I'm sure they're capable of writing and recordings something great.
This sums it up for me pretty much.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

JaredWard wrote:
abw1987 wrote:Frankly, Creed is really just nostalgia for me at this point. I just can't see them ever really recreating the magic of 1997-2001. They've all changed so much, and I'm sure their songwriting chemistry is a lot different these days. Not that I wouldn't appreciate a new Creed album, and I'm sure they're capable of writing and recordings something great.
This sums it up for me pretty much.
That pretty much sums up the situation the guys are stuck in, their fans want them to sound like they used to while they want to show how much they've grown. It's a double edged sword for them.