New Creed Album Doubtful. Newer Stapp Interview...

A place for all Creed discussion.
Jim
Blood Machines

Re: New Creed Album Doubtful. Newer Stapp Interview...

Post by Jim »

Not bothered, roll on Alter Bridge forever.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

George wrote:I like him and I think he's great with Creed. Just don't think his backing vocals are very good though.
eRock is a better singer than Scott Stapp.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

Absolutely...I have no doubts about that, have you?
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Jim wrote:eRock is a better singer than Scott Stapp.
When Stapp smokes yes, when Stapp doesn't and actually takes care of his voice, hell no

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

Jim wrote:
George wrote:I like him and I think he's great with Creed. Just don't think his backing vocals are very good though.
Dis fuckin bullshit...

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Jim wrote:
Yeah, right... :facepalm
This dude doesn't even deserve to be in Creed for the guitars. Just go to the Creed nation, and you'll see that 99% of fans want him gone (that includes me).

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Why do people want him gone? I cannot understand what's wrong with him, he does nothing but add to the live shows imo. Even if he played on Creed 5 I doubt he's actually be involved in writing, he'd just do rhythm guitar and backing vocals, I don't think things would change at all. Talking about Erock's vocals though, I actually hated his vocals in the video of them rehearsing Leave It Alone, he sounded like he was singing for a boy band, although I've never really noticed it live

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

A few reasons :
- he only adds a few things arrangement-wise on a couple of songs (Are You ready, Faceless man, WAWO)
- he has not accomplished very much musically to deserve to be in Creed (I'm sorry, but Submersed is not as great as everyone says it is on this board)
- he's just there because he's Mark's best friend
- with him in the band, Creed becomes a guitar oriented band, whereas before, it was all about a subtile badd and guitar comination. Does anyone really want to hear shredding battles on Creed V ? I don't !
- he was no there when it all mattered (1997-2001). If Creed could pull off gret shows back then, why do they need a second guitar player ?
- don't forget the nostalgia factor. Whether we like it or not, Creed has mainly become a nostalgia act for people who are in their 30's and early 40's. Most fans want to see the original members, and no one else.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Does it really matter what he's accomplished? I agree Sugmersed aren't that great, but I don't really care, he's playing for Creed now, and he adds a few things arrangement-wise which adds to the song as you say, and he does add alot to the live show. I also don't really care if he's there because he's Mark's friends, they're all Mark's friends, they're all in the band because they are friends with eachother. I don't see much evidence of Creed becoming a guitar oriented band either, have you heard any of Creed V? Because I haven't. He wasn't there when it mattered, but I don't think that's relevant, here's now, and I can't see many disadvantages to him being in Creed, imo.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Yeah, I don't think that eRock will do anything bad for Creed, he has just a solid voice and plays a great rhythm guitar, but the statement that Creed does best as the quartet is completety right. I really want to hear a Human Clay-style album, where there was a fantastic groove (Wrong Way!) and great Mark's tone.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

If erock were to record on an album, I wouldn't want him to do backing vocals. Tremontis backing vocals are part of the sound of creed. I wouldn't mind him recording backing/rhythm guitar, if tremonti allowed it and felt that it would benefit the music in some way.

chtimixeur wrote: - with him in the band, Creed becomes a guitar oriented band, whereas before, it was all about a subtile badd and guitar comination. Does anyone really want to hear shredding battles on Creed V ? I don't ! This is a good point.
- don't forget the nostalgia factor. Whether we like it or not, Creed has mainly become a nostalgia act for people who are in their 30's and early 40's. Most fans want to see the original members, and no one else. Is this true? Am I the only 22 year old Creed fan? Jeez, I've been listening to these guys most my life.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

nagpo wrote:Is this true? Am I the only 22 year old Creed fan? Jeez, I've been listening to these guys most my life.
No, I'm actually 19, and I've been listening to them since 2007.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

I wouldn't want ERock to be shelved from Creed & I don't think he ever will be. He definitely adds another element live but then again I'm not a fan of Creed or Alter Bridge live lol

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

Don't know why but with Erock there I really feel closer to the band. I really like him, even though I don't think the band needs him there(musically).
Creed
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

You probably feel closer to the band with him in it because he's personable and the youngest guy on stage.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

:yeahthat that's why I feel closer to the band. haha
Creed
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Jim wrote:
Truest thing said in this whole thread. And I hate to admit that, because I grew up in my late teens / early 20s LOVING Stapp. It shouldn't be difficult to learn to sing without all the yarbling and distorting of sounds.

Anywho... yeah, I'm doubting we'll see a new Creed record any time soon. And really, after Full Circle, I'm okay with that. There's just a fire in Mark's eyes that I see in his interviews for Tremonti or AB that's not there with Creed. I want to see him do what he enjoys and feels passion for, and that doesn't seem to be Creed. Go on the occasional tour and play the old songs, for nostalgia's sake, fine. But the focus on new music has long since passed Creed by.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Is there actually any music out there featuring Erock on lead vocals? :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Highly doubtful lol but it's a bit absurd to even compare Eric & Scott vocally. 1. Eric isn't a lead vocalist & 2. It's too easy to pick on Scott's style + he's had a ton of vocal troubles over the past 3 years.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I agree with Jared. I can't judge anyone's singing talent when his resume only consists of some random backing vocals here and there. Plus, Stapp had one of the best voices around in his prime imo.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.