New Creed Album Doubtful. Newer Stapp Interview...

A place for all Creed discussion.
Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

New Creed Album Doubtful. Newer Stapp Interview...

Post by Troops4Tremonti »

Haven't seen this posted yet so I thought I would. About a 20 minute video interview, but to sum up the new Creed album; "We'll just have to find time to record it." I'm paraphrasing. With AB reconviening early next year, doesn't look like it will see the light of day any time soon.

http://therockrevival.com/hard-rock/a-s ... and-creed/

nagpo
Burn It Down

Re: New Creed Album Doubtful. Newer Stapp Interview...

Post by nagpo »

It's not that it's never coming, it's just that tremonti has other priorities. That's what it seems like he's saying to me. Maybe fall 2013.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

nagpo wrote:It's not that it's never coming, it's just that tremonti has other priorities. That's what it seems like he's saying to me. Maybe fall 2013.
I wouldn't place all the blame on Tremonti. They could easily not do the run in Nov but I don't think those fans will like that. Honestly they amount of planning in advance they do is backfiring on them when things run longer than anticipated.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

nagpo wrote:Maybe fall 2013.

Nah, it seems like AB will be recording next album in January and will want to release it in fall, so Creed's next record is even more doubtful.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

I don't get it. Is there a need for AB to record in January? It seems that Creed is getting the shaft here.

The Tremonti album pushed back the work for Creed earlier this year and then they had to go out and tour.

Shouldn't Creed get a chance to record after the international tour around December or January.

I really think AB should be pushed back to at least second half of 2013. Just so Creed can have time to record the new album and then tour it for a few months. Plus Myles needs a break, he has been flat out for the past few years.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Kinda sounds like Myles solo album.. "I just have to find time to finish it".

I personally don't really mind. I would have been happy with a new Creed album, but I'll take a new AB album over a new Creed album anyday. But I understand that Creed fans are upset with this.
Shortman45 wrote:I really think AB should be pushed back to at least second half of 2013. Just so Creed can have time to record the new album and then tour it for a few months. Plus Myles needs a break, he has been flat out for the past few years.
Myles' voice sounds very strong lately. He's doing performances that sound stronger and less nasal than the studio versions of it.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

DeadCell
Come To Life

Post by DeadCell »

I know many may not like this but in my opinion, I think Creed should go ahead and record an album and put AB on hold for a bit. The last album, even though I really enjoyed it, was a disappointment. I think they should spend more time on the next one. I'm more excited to hear some new Creed over some new AB, especially after hearing them play that new one during sound check.

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

DeadCell wrote:The last album, even though I really enjoyed it, was a disappointment. I think they should spend more time on the next one.
It seems like that's what they're doing. Taking more time on it, not releasing it in a rush right now because they don't think it's ready.

And if anything, the fact that the last album wasn't received amazingly is a reason why there doesn't need to be a rush to put out another Creed album. Creed has no momentum right now. Their foundation is the success they got for themselves in the late 90s and early 2000s - that's going to be what sells their new album and concert tickets whether it's in 2012, 2013 or later. Alter Bridge doesn't have that same multi-platinum past success and needs to take advantage of the momentum it has had with more successful songs, bigger tours of late. Taking 3 years between albums and having a year of not touring, while not exactly ideal, isn't really unexpected even for bands that don't have other projects. And, Myles has been out making a name for himself with Slash and Tremonti has put out his solo album to tide over his fans for a little bit this year, so it's not like they have completely lost all momentum in 2012. But if they don't get back to it soon and end up with four or even five years before their next album, they will have killed all momentum they had.

At least, I imagine that's the way Tremonti would see it. Obviously Stapp wouldn't be too bothered about whether or not Alter Bridge has the chance of getting more successful so he probably wouldn't be too happy about putting a new Creed album on hold for Alter Bridge.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Shortman45 wrote:I don't get it. Is there a need for AB to record in January? It seems that Creed is getting the shaft here.
I don't get it. You want a new AB record or a new Creed record?

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

I get the feeling that Scott is a bit upset about Mark's other projects getting in the way of Creed. You can't really blame Mark though because he has other successful projects/commitments & Scott only has his solo career which never really took off. The only positive about the delay is that they can take their time with the new album and not just release a Full Circle part 2.

sflonstage
Brand New Start

Post by sflonstage »

The whole point of the MOP HC tours this year was to get them back on the path of writing more simplistic and in the vein of their older works. Let's be honest, a lot of songs on Full Circle could have been on an AB album, and there were a few on ABIII that would have worked well as Creed songs too. If the band goes and works on AB next instead of continuing on writing for Creed V they could lose the momentum that may/should have been inspiring them to write the new songs. Some of those ideas could end up AB songs in turn. That hardly seems fair :/

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

sflonstage wrote:Some of those ideas could end up AB songs in turn.
I highly doubt that will ever happen. Mark catalogs every idea he writes for each band.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Lol, I don't understand why some of you think about writing music in such compilated way. Pretty much, Mark is a person who decides which idea goes into which project. I guess that he was saving his best ideas for ABIII, and the songs that finally found their place on Full Circle are the ideas that Mark and guys rejected while they were gathering content for ABIII. So there is nothing like:
If the band goes and works on AB next instead of continuing on writing for Creed V they could lose the momentum that may/should have been inspiring them to write the new songs
Because Mark have his head screwed on right and will exactly know what songs bring to next AB record and what composition save for Creed album.

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

sflonstage
Brand New Start

Post by sflonstage »

dolo1993 wrote:Lol, I don't understand why some of you think about writing music in such compilated way. Pretty much, Mark is a person who decides which idea goes into which project. I guess that he was saving his best ideas for ABIII, and the songs that finally found their place on Full Circle are the ideas that Mark and guys rejected while they were gathering content for ABIII. So there is nothing like:
If the band goes and works on AB next instead of continuing on writing for Creed V they could lose the momentum that may/should have been inspiring them to write the new songs
Because Mark have his head screwed on right and will exactly know what songs bring to next AB record and what composition save for Creed album.
Scott's better than Myles at writing hooks and strong hooks are what helped the songs on Full Circle which, like ABIII about only half of the tracks were good and half were just eh.
Creed is definitely the breadwinner in the US where, if the band wanted, they could sadly just rest on their laurels like many bands do nowadays and tour playing just, 'the hits.'
AB really only does well overseas, while in the US are still playing pretty much the same venues they were during ODR.
Full Circle kind of suffered from having leftovers of AB and ODR kind of got flack because half of the songs were obvious 'were supposed to be Creed songs.'

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

dolo1993 wrote:I don't get it. You want a new AB record or a new Creed record?
I thought I made it clear in the rest of my post. I think the next AB album should be put on hold until Creed gets their chance to record the album. Is there a reason AB needs to record in January?

Like others have said, this tour was to get back to their 'Classic' sound, so not recording the album shortly after the international tour would be a mistake.

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

I still think Windup hasn't given the band approval to record the album, which complicates things more.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Shortman45 wrote:
dolo1993 wrote:I don't get it. You want a new AB record or a new Creed record?
I thought I made it clear in the rest of my post. I think the next AB album should be put on hold until Creed gets their chance to record the album. Is there a reason AB needs to record in January?

Like others have said, this tour was to get back to their 'Classic' sound, so not recording the album shortly after the international tour would be a mistake.
Well, it depends on your personal preference. I prefer AB over Creed, so I hope that AB will record in January, and Creed album will be postponed until "the right time" (no AB, no Tremonti Project).

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

The only right time is when Myles if off for a long time with Slash, and Tremonti isn't touring for his album anymore.
Slash is talking about doing a new album with Myles, so if Mark and the guys plan things right, there's plenty of time for Creed when Myles is off.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

it wouldn't bother me if the Creed record was put on hold and they focused on AB. i want another AB album. as much as i love the side projects and as much as i used to like Creed, AB has replaced them as my favorite band now. so, since they're my favorite band, i want them to make an album. if the Creed album is put on hold because of it, i'm fine with it, especially if they release another Creed album after it. but, they'll do what they want or what they think is the right thing to do, so it doesn't matter what i want.
Photobucket cash grab.

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Troops4Tremonti »

sflonstage wrote:The whole point of the MOP HC tours this year was to get them back on the path of writing more simplistic and in the vein of their older works. Let's be honest, a lot of songs on Full Circle could have been on an AB album, and there were a few on ABIII that would have worked well as Creed songs too. If the band goes and works on AB next instead of continuing on writing for Creed V they could lose the momentum that may/should have been inspiring them to write the new songs. Some of those ideas could end up AB songs in turn. That hardly seems fair :/
I totally agree with what your saying. Music is a reflection of the things that have influenced one in any way whatsoever. I don't believe in the whole 'categorizing' aspect of it. I think it's a bit more complicating than that, and could easily result in AB playing something Creed inspired or vice verse. I think Full Circle is a testament of that. If Mark put songs aside for FC because they "sounded" like Creed tunes instead of using it with Alter Bridge, then why doesn't Full Circle sound like Classic Creed?

Furthermore, it was brilliant doing the MOP and HC shows in preparation for the new record. I feel, as some of you do, that it would pretty well have been wasted unless they get into the studio before playing Alter Bridge songs and writing a new record with them for a year. HUGE momentum killer.