Summer 2024 Tour and Summer of '99 and Beyond festival

A place for all Creed discussion.
austin.
On The Rail

Re: or Torn!

Post by austin. »

Timotheus wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:54 am
austin. wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:05 pm Can we get a big stage show and maybe the catwalk again? Stapp gave me a high five at a Creed show in 09 from the catwalk when I was in highschool and I’ll never forget that.

Hope Creed plays opening night of Louder than Life on the 26th. With Mammoth playing before them ;)
Ohh they could do one of those stunts where the singer flies though the air with cable attachments. Imagine that during Higher!

Now that I think about it, get them all up in the air!
Pass the pepper? Only gave us the salt.

Man there’s like ten happy Creed fans in here exited and two poor sport Alter Bridge diehards trying to ruin the fun. Why be like that?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Summer 2024 Tour and Summer of '99 and Beyond festival

Post by anguyen92 »

Am I being a poor sport? If so, I want to apologize for that. Do people want to apologize when it was the opposite when AB fans were happy about stuff and a few people were trying to ruin the buzz due to the usual reasons?

I want to be happy that everyone in Creed is trying to make an effort in making this reunion work for real this time. I just don't want any passive-aggressiveness or invalidation towards AB. I don't want to hear that (oh they could never get this amount of press or TV exposure, they could never play venues this large in the states, etc. etc.). I get it, but that doesn't mean I need to read something along those lines in this forum in the years prior to this reunion.

Once again, I apologize.

paisleyfan
Bought The CDs

Post by paisleyfan »

anguyen92 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:12 am Am I being a poor sport? If so, I want to apologize for that. Do people want to apologize when it was the opposite when AB fans were happy about stuff and a few people were trying to ruin the buzz due to the usual reasons?

I want to be happy that everyone in Creed is trying to make an effort in making this reunion work for real this time. I just don't want any passive-aggressiveness or invalidation towards AB. I don't want to hear that (oh they could never get this amount of press or TV exposure, they could never play venues this large in the states, etc. etc.). I get it, but that doesn't mean I need to read something along those lines in this forum in the years prior to this reunion.

Once again, I apologize.
I get what you're saying, and I agree. But there have been a couple who've been nothing sarcastic since the first reunion news (not saying you have). This run for Creed may be the chance we have to enjoy them as an active band, so those attitudes I mentioned get old. Plus, Creed fans have nowhere else to go to talk, lol.

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

I think it's ridiculous that people could be a fan of one band but not the other. I support everything the guys do. Never would I wish anything against Creed or AB, or act like they are competing in some way. that's crazy, IMO.

Also, not sure on the catwalk, they might not use that anymore. According to Stapp, there was drama about Mark not wanting him to be out in front of him and not walking in front of him, if I remember it right.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ I don't think it's as ridiculous that one likes one band and doesn't like the other. In the Dream Theater forum I go to, they talk about AB often in their music section and there's one guy that admits that he likes it when Myles is with Slash over anything he does in AB or solo. I just wish we could be a little cordial in the discussions and not throw shade (I know I can be better than that in these discussions).

Also, I really wished the SoCal show would have been somewhere like Hollywood Bowl where it's all seats and only has 3 bands instead of a 6 band festival bill that has less seating. Glen Helen Amphitheater only holds 10k actual seats, but a huge lawn section that can hold 10s of thousands of people that doesn't even allow lawn chairs. Waiting through a lot of opening acts before Creed comes out is going to be a grind. I kinda wish they were able to get Our Lady Peace for that one, now that I think about it.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

You're right - I guess tastes can differ, if you prefer one band over the other, that's great. But not to the point where you are putting down one of the bands, I guess I see that as counter-productive.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Oh please. If some dude on the internet making a bad joke ruins the fun for you, it must be awfully difficult for you to have a good time... It wasn't even in bad nature. I could make the same joke for Alter Bridge and nobody would complain, quite the opposite probably...

Just for the record, I don't dislike Creed and I wish them well. I like plenty of their songs. I just don't like Stapp's antics.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Schulzy
White Knuckled

Post by Schulzy »

I'm still up in the air about the Monticello, Iowa show at the Great Jones County Fair. It's about a 3 hour drive which is not terrible. Friday night in July which would be okay too. I love Switchfoot and have never seen them live so that would be a nice way to open. I heard Lifehouse on a Pandora station the other day and thought that would have been a good pairing too. Track tickets are $55.00 so very reasonable. I did very basic VIP for Creed back in 2009 in Hartford which I think was early entry and a lanyard which I still have. That was the first time I saw Like A Storm (good opener). The packages now are $$$. One question...forgive me if it's already been answered - is Eric Friedman coming with them?
_^:Tangled in your trance and I'm certain:^_

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

I haven't seen any information on if Erock is coming with them or not, but I would guess yes, based on Mark's previous comments about him liking having two guitar players in the band.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

In all fairness, the fandom will always be a little mildly toxic. There's plenty of Alter Bridge fans who have used the "these guys are so much better when they're not with Stapp" as a selling point for AB, so its only natural that the more zealous Creed fans would clap back. I once got into a debate with someone on this forum who insisted Creed had no place in mainstream culture and proceeded to send me some arbitrary lists about "the most important bands of the century" where Creed was absent on them all. What's funny is not only was Alter Bridge also absent, they had Puddle of Mudd on each list. This dude was so delusional over his Stapp hate that was saying Puddle of Mudd is a more important band than Alter Bridge.

I think the arguments I've had on here are a sign that I'm spending too much time on my phone. Lol I love both bands. Its the same three guys with a different singer. Insulting one is rude to the other by default.

Schulzy
White Knuckled

Post by Schulzy »

Vaux wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:48 pm I haven't seen any information on if Erock is coming with them or not, but I would guess yes, based on Mark's previous comments about him liking having two guitar players in the band.
He was with Creed when I saw them in 2010 - New Hampshire and I'm trying to remember if he was with them in Boston in 2012 on the Human Clay tour (Edit: I found and refreshed my memory with this article - https://www.bluebirdreviews.com/reviews ... -clay-live). I think it filled out the sound a little more but I hope they slow things down. Some of the songs were played reeeeeeaaallly fast.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

Has Eric even commented on the reunion? It might just be the four of them this time. If he can't make it, Yiannis could totally do it. Him and Mark would probably get along

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

I'd rather there was only four of them this time without Erock throwing random blues licks all over the place.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Schulzy
White Knuckled

Post by Schulzy »

Dolo wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:51 pm I'd rather there was only four of them this time without Erock throwing random blues licks all over the place.
I've always liked Eric but sometimes he can get carried away.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Remember when Mark and Flip were having a conversation about what differentiates Alter Bridge's and Creed's music?
That was in 2009, and both of them had no clue.

Well, since Blackbird, Alter Bridge has been a 2 guitar band, and on the first three albums, Creed was a one guitar band.
That is one huge difference, because it makes the bass much rhythm section far more important in Creed.

I hope they realize being a one guitar band doesn't make Creed a lesser band musically.
Who knows, they might already have decided to tour as a four-piece, which would make the 2024 tour extremely interesting if you ask me.
Fingers crossed.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Devil Inside You wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:41 pm I once got into a debate with someone on this forum who insisted Creed had no place in mainstream culture and proceeded to send me some arbitrary lists about "the most important bands of the century" where Creed was absent on them all. What's funny is not only was Alter Bridge also absent, they had Puddle of Mudd on each list. This dude was so delusional over his Stapp hate that was saying Puddle of Mudd is a more important band than Alter Bridge.
Nice take. The original premise was that Creed (or Stapp) were some of the greatest cultural icons, which I didn't agree with. They don't deserve to be in a list next to Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Nirvana, ... when people nowadays barely remember even who they are, besides apparently the Rangers a few months before they go on a reunion tour.

And yes, while I don't really like Puddle of Mud aside from 1 or 2 songs, obviously they've had more influence than Alter Bridge. That's got nothing to do with Stapp and is absolutely objective.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Schulzy wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:35 pm One question...forgive me if it's already been answered - is Eric Friedman coming with them?
I really hope not. Creed is a one guitar band - the songs were created with one guitar in mind. They are simple enough to be played live with 1 guitarist. It's really just redundant to have a second guitarist when it comes to creed imo. I only want to hear the 4 guys. If mark goes in to writing the new songs thinking "I have to be able to play this live by myself", you'll get a more authentic creed sound.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I also wonder if Mark is going to bring back his clean tone, which is crucial to Creed's sound.
I like Yannis a lot, but despite his technical abilities, he has never managed to recreate Mark's original tone.

These days, there is zero conveniency or price excuse for not doing it, since all bands can perfectly replicate their amps with Axe-Fx (just an example among many more).
It's just a matter of will.
Even Metallica made the switch in 2018, and they're sounding better than ever.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Timotheus wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:14 pmAnd yes, while I don't really like Puddle of Mud aside from 1 or 2 songs, obviously they've had more influence than Alter Bridge. That's got nothing to do with Stapp and is absolutely objective.
I don't think Puddle of Mudd has more influence over AB nowadays and even so, how does influence translate into the now? Puddle of Mudd is known for whatever controversies Wes Scantlin is doing over whatever stuff they release nowadays. I think younger bands would rather have AB's trajectory over Puddle of Mudd's trajectory nowadays.
Nice take. The original premise was that Creed (or Stapp) were some of the greatest cultural icons, which I didn't agree with. They don't deserve to be in a list next to Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Nirvana, ... when people nowadays barely remember even who they are, besides apparently the Rangers a few months before they go on a reunion tour.
Honestly, people in pop culture probably, nowadays, don't even know the band members of Led Zeppelin. Billie Eilish didn't know Van Halen so like who does know those legacy bands in this generation? People still know Creed to some extent, mainly for the jokes, but people are starting to look at them at a positive light rather than making jokes off of their expenses, hopefully.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

nagpo wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:14 pmCreed is a one guitar band
excuse me?!?!?