Who thinks they are writing a new album right now?

A place for all Creed discussion.
MrK2991
Brand New Start

Who thinks they are writing a new album right now?

Post by MrK2991 »

The cruise is a ways off. Yet they are all together right now, obviously up to something…

Dolo
Burn It Down

Re: Who thinks they are writing a new album right now?

Post by Dolo »

They've had a full album worth of ideas for a long time now to be fair, if I'm not mistaken.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

I hope they are - but I could see their management just pulling a stunt like this (press conference) to capitalize on the band being back in the news and get people talking again.

And yeah - they have a whole record worth of songs already written and gathering dust for years now. 3 of them we have heard - well, at least 2 anyway. I am not sure if "More Than This" was just a one off single or it was supposed to be on their CD.

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

So I wrote my reply before I saw the short video of them "rehearsing" - yeah I would think with the cruise 6 months away, you gotta think they aren't there working on Torn.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Vaux wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:23 pm So I wrote my reply before I saw the short video of them "rehearsing" - yeah I would think with the cruise 6 months away, you gotta think they aren't there working on Torn.
Care to share a link?
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

https://twitter.com/Creed/status/1715176629897445574

That doesn't look like Elvis's place..... you know it kind of looks like they are at 5150 Studios in LA... Wolfie's studio. 5150 has those brown wood panels on the walls, but I can't tell if that is it or not. You can see guitars on the wall behind the door.

Nah, the more pictures I see, the more it doesn't look like 5150.

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

Oh, I hope it’s an album! I’m hoping they return to their classic sound that appeared to be happening on the 2012 songs we heard.

I was also thinking the other day that it would be kinda cool to finish one old 90s demo. I reckon “Do it all over” would be amazing fit if they finish that off.

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/RKPLrH3izdY?si=0O4b29gFvk21g49f[/YouTube]

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Would love to see a finished More Than This, Do it all over, and Devil Inside. I would also like to point out that this rehearsal vid did NOT feature a touring backing guitarist like how it used to be eric friedman in the 09 tour. If this is a rehearsal for the cruise or another tour, likely they would be practicing with the touring backing guitarist.

So likely this rehearsal is preparing for recording new music because they have never used a second guitarist in their music recordings but have in touring.

But that's if you take this vid at face value and think it's serious and not more than a joke.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

The site is locked down again and they updated their wikipedia page thoroughly. Album announcement is imminent imo. The is more than just a one-off cruise situation.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

They probably are. Stapp and Mark have mentioned trading ideas during covid. Someone already commented on the Stapp thread a few weeks back. I remember when they talked about a reunion a few years ago, Stapp mentioned he wanted to finish that 2012 album. And Mark also said they were good songs that he wanted to revisit in a Blabbermouth article a few years ago. Let's GO!!!

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

nagpo wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:27 pm If this is a rehearsal for the cruise or another tour, likely they would be practicing with the touring backing guitarist.

So likely this rehearsal is preparing for recording new music because they have never used a second guitarist in their music recordings but have in touring.
That's a great point, I agree.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

This Texas Rangers thing is the catalyst this band has been waiting for to be exposed to a new generation of fans. And the Rangers won last night to advance to the World Series! Which will bring even more attention to Creed. Now is the perfect time for them to put out new music and go on a big US tour.

timusca
Bought The CDs

Post by timusca »

All this PR is definitely leading to something big. There's no way this is all happening for two cruises, and I couldn't be more excited for it all! Stop is healthy, the guys are all getting along, and I'm loving every second of it. Spoke with Flip several years ago after an AB show, and when I asked him what the chances were of a Creed reunion, he was less than enthusiastic.
"Whoa, this has wicked dueling guitar solos! It's like squeedly versus meedley over here!" - Strong Bad

timusca
Bought The CDs

Post by timusca »

anguyen92 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:10 am Why do people think the two cruises was all they are going to do?
I don't know that people assumed it was all they would do, but I do think it was fair to wonder to what extent that would be doing. A small tour was probably the minimum, but a large tour and new album was certainly questionable.
"Whoa, this has wicked dueling guitar solos! It's like squeedly versus meedley over here!" - Strong Bad

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

It all depends on Mark. Is he ready to put Tremonti on the side for a few months or even a year?
If so, that leaves a big window open for Creed.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

I sure hope so! 😘

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

And Mark did say in multiple interviews that “if there was the demand for Creed (through nostalgia or other) then he would. And it seems now is the time.

Pretty exciting for a long time Creed fan. Let’s just see how it plays out, I cannot wait.

timusca
Bought The CDs

Post by timusca »

Now there's this:

https://www.nfl.com/videos/cousins-cred ... n-vs-49ers

It all just feels like a carefully orchestrated campaign to get Creed back in the public eye before some big news drops.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Sure. I think what made Mark hesitant to want to do things under Creed again was all of that negative reception and unwarranted hatred about them (which is honestly unfair to them and never funny in the first place) on top of Stapp's personal issues around the mid 2010s.

Thus, if people are able to showcase the band in a more better light nowadays, on top of everyone getting along with each other and have a good mindset, then the time is right for them to come back and do things properly.