Scott Stapp Album IV HIGHER POWER

A place for all Creed discussion.
paisleyfan
Bought The CDs

Re: Scott Stapp Album IV HIGHER POWER

Post by paisleyfan »

scarecrow wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:42 pm lol higher power

sounds like theory of a deadman with sillier lyrics if that's even possible
I don't really like Higher Power at all, music or lyrics. But the dude from theory of deadman may be the worst lyricist in rock for going on 20 years.

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

Just heard this. Sounds a bit different, and it might take me a couple of listens to get into it.
https://youtu.be/JflzNvUxx48?si=KM9f0wTXnc4EFAE5

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

Whatever it was, it's not working now

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

It's already the 29th in Australia. Two more hours for me in Europe.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

MrK2991
Brand New Start

Post by MrK2991 »

Some bands have Blackbirds…Some have Black Butterflies

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

if i don't like this one i most likely wont like the record that much since i haven't really liked the other songs. we'll see

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

well, you know, the songs are growing on me. but I still thinkhigher powers song is over produced and what i deserve is a lyrical mess.

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

What have they done to the vocal? :facepalm

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Hey, that sitar breakdown and the phrygian dominant harmony guitar solo are pretty cool.

For the rest, just your regular modern alternative metal radio friendly track.

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

Ugh I'm not listening to any new songs until the record drops. Lol discipline begins now I guess

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

Song is..... meh.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

So much autotune on this track...
I don't understand why producers do that, especially to singers who have such a distinctive voice like Stapp.
Overall, I feel like Stapp's not playing to his strengths on this new album.
It sounds too modern and generic, and I don't see how that could make him stand out in a very crowded rock scene.
Last edited by chtimixeur on Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Upon listening the first time, I like aspects of it. But the vocals are way off again. So processed and auto tuned for no reason. It really ruins the vocal - it's like they put his voice through an AI or something and told it to make it sound less like a human. These are not raw vocals in any sense of the word. It's one of two things: he's paranoid about his voice or he thinks the modern rock audience likes this more robotic sound. I don't know which - I don't listen to mainstream modern rock much. But I always figured what made rock different from the other genres of pop music was how raw and natural the vocalists were. I always remember rap, hip/hop, and country using computer effects but less so of rock. I don't know. Could've been a better song. Stapps voice should always be one of the best parts of his songs.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

nagpo wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:30 pm Upon listening the first time, I like aspects of it. But the vocals are way off again. So processed and auto tuned for no reason. It really ruins the vocal - it's like they put his voice through an AI or something and told it to make it sound less like a human. These are not raw vocals in any sense of the word. It's one of two things: he's paranoid about his voice or he thinks the modern rock audience likes this more robotic sound. I don't know which - I don't listen to mainstream modern rock much. But I always figured what made rock different from the other genres of pop music was how raw and natural the vocalists were. I always remember rap, hip/hop, and country using computer effects but less so of rock. I don't know. Could've been a better song. Stapps voice should always be one of the best parts of his songs.
Stapp's voice sounds amazing these days so I think he's just trying to capture that modern rock sound. Octane has so many bands that have tracks like Higher Power and I'm assuming Black Butterfly. Basically the new Shinedown and Daughtry rock. I'm not listening to anything besides What I Deserve and Higher Power til the record drops but all the comments here have me really curious now.

For what its worth, everyone I sent the song to liked it a lot

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Devil Inside You wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:44 am
nagpo wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:30 pm Upon listening the first time, I like aspects of it. But the vocals are way off again. So processed and auto tuned for no reason. It really ruins the vocal - it's like they put his voice through an AI or something and told it to make it sound less like a human. These are not raw vocals in any sense of the word. It's one of two things: he's paranoid about his voice or he thinks the modern rock audience likes this more robotic sound. I don't know which - I don't listen to mainstream modern rock much. But I always figured what made rock different from the other genres of pop music was how raw and natural the vocalists were. I always remember rap, hip/hop, and country using computer effects but less so of rock. I don't know. Could've been a better song. Stapps voice should always be one of the best parts of his songs.
Stapp's voice sounds amazing these days so I think he's just trying to capture that modern rock sound. Octane has so many bands that have tracks like Higher Power and I'm assuming Black Butterfly. Basically the new Shinedown and Daughtry rock. I'm not listening to anything besides What I Deserve and Higher Power til the record drops but all the comments here have me really curious now.

For what its worth, everyone I sent the song to liked it a lot
i hope it works for stapp

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

i do like the song - just the vocals are too computerized.

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

Black butterfly is the first song from Scott solo and group effort that I listen to not because of the vocal. It would have been better choice to release it as an instrumental. I hope there is no more excessive vocal tweaking done by computer.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Dolo wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:00 am Hey, that sitar breakdown and the phrygian dominant harmony guitar solo are pretty cool.
I didn't even make it to the bridge. The vocals are terrible. Massively edited. The songwriting is just boring.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Mr. Slash wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:25 pm
Dolo wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:00 am Hey, that sitar breakdown and the phrygian dominant harmony guitar solo are pretty cool.
I didn't even make it to the bridge. The vocals are terrible. Massively edited. The songwriting is just boring.
Was just looking for positives. The vocals are edited but this is how it goes nowadays.

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

It does not have to be that way.
Same for the ridiculous brickwalling on every rock album since 1995.
Just because it's become the new industry standard does not make it right whatsoever for listeners.