Creed @ Alaska

A place for all Creed discussion.
Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Creed @ Alaska

Post by Jhenrid »

Dan Kyte wrote:
Ryan wrote:I really think that hit on the head he took when he fell off that balcony fucked him up. Some nights he's spot on and others it's like he doesn't know the words to his own songs.
Does that mean.. Myles has had a hit on the head too? :P
Nah Myles just plays way to many songs, hell I'm impress he remembers as many lyrics as he does. Stapp probably just lost his spot in the song, in all honesty I think Myles messes up the lyrics more than Stapp.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

It's more than just lyrics. I mean his whole demeanor. Since they've reunited he's had issues. And not all the time, but randomly. Coming in too early, forgetting half of a verse, trying to be Jim Morrison with his impromptu little scat/rant things. Something seems off at times and I think that incident contributes to it. I'm not saying it in a bad way, just what I think.
Photobucket cash grab.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

I haven't really heard about the other stuff you mentioned but if that's true and he's not taking anything that normally causes those type of issues he might have done some kind of damage to his brain. Kind of like Gary Busey did with whatever accident he was in, although with Gary it was more obvious something was wrong.

Cariocawlad
Bought The CDs

Post by Cariocawlad »

I think people is overreacting...

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Most definitely. People here are overly dramatic.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Ok, I've been out of the loop. What balcony did Stapp fall out of? Sorry that line made me chuckle a bit. But seriously. Ahem.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Yes I'm so overly dramatic. It's just something I've noticed and just attributed it that incident. :rolleyes
Photobucket cash grab.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

darkstorm97 wrote:Ok, I've been out of the loop. What balcony did Stapp fall out of? Sorry that line made me chuckle a bit. But seriously. Ahem.
your mom and Stapp were in the same room when your dad walked in.. Stapp had to bail out through a balcony to avoid false rumours being spread about him... Nothing wrong in being in the same room with a lady.. Press I tell you.... Press...
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

wot

AustinH22
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by AustinH22 »

overreacting? All you get paid to do is memorize YOUR OWN LYRICS that you've sang HUNDREDS OF TIMES and sing them. If you screw that up, you deserve to get heavily scrutinized.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

AustinH22 wrote:overreacting? All you get paid to do is memorize YOUR OWN LYRICS that you've sang HUNDREDS OF TIMES and sing them. If you screw that up, you deserve to get heavily scrutinized.
Have you ever been a singer before? Its more than just memorizing lyrics, hell just try to sing a song you heard hundreds of times without the lyrics. Than try that with about 15 more songs, than another 15 more just in case the setlist changes.

AustinH22
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by AustinH22 »

You're implying that Creed ever changes their setlist LOLOL

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Just because they don't change the set doesn't mean they aren't prepared to do so.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

AB23 wrote:wait. so youre tellin me there are people in alaska?

I love this ^

So we're dragging "yo momma jokes" out? Oh to be 16 again.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

/\

Feels good dosn't it?
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Jhenrid wrote:
AustinH22 wrote:overreacting? All you get paid to do is memorize YOUR OWN LYRICS that you've sang HUNDREDS OF TIMES and sing them. If you screw that up, you deserve to get heavily scrutinized.
Have you ever been a singer before? Its more than just memorizing lyrics, hell just try to sing a song you heard hundreds of times without the lyrics. Than try that with about 15 more songs, than another 15 more just in case the setlist changes.
Seriously.. It's not that hard.. Especially if you've written the songs yourself. I once had to learn 12 covers in one week, and I had no problems with that. We don't do those covers now, but when we do those again I still remember the lyrics (after 4 years) or have to refresh them. When I write a song I usually don't even have to learn the song, it comes naturally.

I personally think it's a very awkward thing when singers screw up their own lyrics.. Makes the entire performance less believable. And I'm not bashing Scott, because Myles is reading a lot from his lyrics as well.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I think when a singer sings a song so many times it just becomes an everyday occurance for them, where the singers don't really think about the lyrics, because they've sung them so many times. It's like those times when you're doing everyday things like entering your pin number, the things you don't really think about it, and all of a sudden you just have a memory block and can't remember your pin number, or when you enter a room for a reason, but completely forget that reason. I'm not a singer, but I just assume that forgetting lyrics is similar to things like randomy forgetting your pin number. I don't think it's down to laziness, of course Scott and Myles, or most singers out there know the lyrics to their songs, people can sometimes be forgetful, some people are more forgetful than others, I don't think forgetting lyrics is a big deal.

Timotheus, people's brains works different and people learn in different ways, so while you may be able to learn 12 covers in a week and still play them know, it may just mean you learn and remember written or spoken language better, I don't think it's a good comparison really. You may be able to learn the covers, but that doesn't mean everyone else should be able to as quickly or as effectively as you.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Yea, true.. But it doesn't really matter how they do it, and how long it takes. We know they know the songs. When they forget lyrics it just shows they aren't fully paying attention to the performance. This can be because of lots of things like sound issues, being nervous, thinking about stuff that happened before the show..
This is perfectly human, but it makes the performance less believable and enjoyable imo.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.