Mark about a Creed reunion

A place for all Creed discussion.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Mark about a Creed reunion

Post by Andy92 »

Imagine going through a terrible divorce where a lot of hurtful words are said and it drags on for months on end. 10+ years later, your old spouse may be a better person than they were during that time…

But that doesn’t mean it’s a good idea to marry them again.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

scarecrow wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:53 pm
nagpo wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:04 pm
scarecrow wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:06 pm
nagpo wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:57 pm
scarecrow wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:04 pm I think it's very silly and selfish for any Creed fan to wish Mark back into a dysfunctional, still widely-derided band. Would I buy a new Creed record? Would I go see them in concert? Absolutely. Would be quite a rush of nostalgia.

Mark is a GREAT dude and it really rubs me the wrong way when I see comments like 'he doesn't care about Creed fans.' OF COURSE he does.
if u want to @ me just quote me bro. Also, I don't think most creed fans are even alter bridge fans at this point

anguyen92 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:29 pm I, honestly, do believe that in order to convince Mark to do Creed, he needs to be convinced that this band is not perceived to be the laughingstock that their reputation is/was. If you say, "Well, that's never going to happen, there's always going to be someone that will joke about Creed all the time," then Mark can go, "Then I'm not going to be convinced to do Creed when I'm more than content with what I got in AB and Tremonti."
That's the thing. If he cares more about people's opinions than the art itself, then he's doing it for the wrong reasons and it will probably be another subpar creed record like full circle; which was done just for financial benefiting alter bridge.
Please don't call me 'bro.'

Are you an artist? When you're creating stuff that's personal, it's HARD to receive harsh feedback. Let alone on a national scale. I can't imagine. Mark is human. I think expecting him or any artist to be emotionally bulletproof is silly.

And only Mark and the band know just how dysfunctional they were as a group. For all we know, it was even more dysfunctional than anyone has led on.
sure thing bud
Please no (condescending) masculine terms. It was a simple ask, really. You're just being a jerk.
Yes ma'am!

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

I think Alter bridge is usually pretty consistent.

Wasnt too impressed with the latest Tremonti album though. It wasnt horrible but I just thought it was mostly okay and thats it.

I think the media didnt like Creed in part because they were so huge. The media and critics love to build people up and then tear them down. Honestly, I listen to what critics have to say but a lot of the times I dont. Of course if Creed never got big maybe critics still would have disliked them.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Lots of maturity in this thread!

Its a band, not life or death, I think we can all take a step back and appreciate what we got when they were together.
Thanks Timo!

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Andy92 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:07 pm Imagine going through a terrible divorce where a lot of hurtful words are said and it drags on for months on end. 10+ years later, your old spouse may be a better person than they were during that time…

Except we're just taking about a band playing 20 or 30 shows during a summer tour.
They're all seasoned professionals, and people are acting as if Stapp was the same cocky dude as in 2001.

Stapp made a fool of himself in 2002 and 2014. No one's denying that, and Stapp is completely owning his past mistakes (just watch the Theo Von podcast). In 2012, he also told Mark something unpleasant that, in my opinion, had an actual bit of truth.
So what?
What's the big deal?
Why can't they get past all of this after SO MANY YEARS?

They're not getting any younger, and should at least give it another shot when they're still healthy and at the top of their abilities.
But in the end, it's their life and their career.
It's just been an insane waste of talent since the first break-up, and they'll never get those years back.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

We've been over this so many times. Stapp fans always do this... They reduce years of damage to "he said a mean thing to Tremonti once" and then put the blame on Mark.

If they did reunite, and Stapp fucked up for the third time, Stapp fans would be making the same argument in a decade again.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

So how many people over here give other people in their private life third or more chances after beiing hughly disppointed over and over again. Remember a post of somebody over here who said that Stapp said to him totally beiing responsable for the Creed Breakup.
So if you moved on after that, will you sacrifice the momentum and success of a 20 year-band for the disppointed ending of a 7 year-band ?
People over here keep on nagging and nagging and nagging over and over again like little children not getting what they want towards Mark and blaming him for this Creed-thing not happening. Take a step back and look towards it all with the correct perspective !
If it will happen in the future it will be a surprise and bonus for the Creedfans. I personally hope Marks attention will remain focussed on AB and foremost the Tremonti-band. So much better !

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

riemslag1 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:25 am Remember a post of somebody over here who said that Stapp said to him totally beiing responsable for the Creed Breakup.
He definitely was.
But it was not just your typical ego and booze, like so many rock stars before and after him.
Stapp is a broken man who had to deal with abuse when he was a child, and on top of that, he became addicted to pills after his car accident.
There are reasons that explain his past behaviour and meltdowns, but when I listen to Mark, I never hear any empathy for someone who, for a short while, was apparently a dear friend of his.
The simple fact that he's never wished him a happy birthday on social media but has always done it for the other AB and Tremonti guys says it all.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

It's more than clear to me that Mark is not interested in doing Creed at all and he just keeps repeating the same thing in all the interviews 'it's just a matter of timing, I'm so busy with AB and Tremonti blablabla' and then..... he gets involved in the Sinatra thing (which he's got every right to do) which leaves even less time for Creed reunion. I feel it just gives Stapp false hopes that one day the stars will align and Creed will be a thing again. I'm not trying to paint Mark in a bad light here, I know the break-up happened because of Stapp mainly and it's not that he deserves anything, I just wish Mark was more transparent on this.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Dolo wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:37 am It's more than clear to me that Mark is not interested in doing Creed at all and he just keeps repeating the same thing in all the interviews 'it's just a matter of timing, I'm so busy with AB and Tremonti blablabla' and then..... he gets involved in the Sinatra thing (which he's got every right to do) which leaves even less time for Creed reunion. I feel it just gives Stapp false hopes that one day the stars will align and Creed will be a thing again. I'm not trying to paint Mark in a bad light here, I know the break-up happened because of Stapp mainly and it's not that he deserves anything, I just wish Mark was more transparent on this.
I honestly suspect that Mark and Scott are on the same page behind closed doors. I think they’ve agreed that there’ll be another Creed run when it makes good business sense. Right now, there isn’t much call for it beyond die-hard fans. I wrote this a while back in another topic, but I think Mark is waiting for a moment similar to what the band Journey experienced after Don’t Stop Believing was used at the end of Sopranos. If you look up what Journey’s concert/album sales were like just prior to and just after that Sopranos finale - it’s bonkers.

But the thing is, Mark’s not gonna say to journalists… “Me, Flip and Brian are waiting until there’s a cultural moment that would guarantee us a very sizeable payday.”

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

chtimixeur wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:57 am Stapp made a fool of himself in 2002 and 2014.
You’re really close to figuring out why there hasn’t been another reunion if you’d stop and think about it.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

There is apparently no reasoning with Stapp fans. And the sense of entitlement is UNREAL. Wow.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Andy92 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:07 pm Imagine going through a terrible divorce where a lot of hurtful words are said and it drags on for months on end. 10+ years later, your old spouse may be a better person than they were during that time…

Thank you for bringing some emotional intelligence to this thread, sincerely. <3

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Dolo wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:37 am It's more than clear to me that Mark is not interested in doing Creed at all and he just keeps repeating the same thing in all the interviews 'it's just a matter of timing, I'm so busy with AB and Tremonti blablabla' and then..... he gets involved in the Sinatra thing (which he's got every right to do) which leaves even less time for Creed reunion. I feel it just gives Stapp false hopes that one day the stars will align and Creed will be a thing again. I'm not trying to paint Mark in a bad light here, I know the break-up happened because of Stapp mainly and it's not that he deserves anything, I just wish Mark was more transparent on this.
Perhaps it's because he himself is conflicted. If he didn't want to leave the Creed door open at least a little bit, he'd say "Creed is done, I've moved on."

But he isn't saying that. I think because he knows it's an important part of his musical journey and along with lots of bad feelings that exist there, I'm sure there are many good ones - fond memories. Yet it's obvious he does not want to participate in another reunion in the near future.

So what else is he supposed to say other than what he's saying?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I mean he could say, "I have no interest in doing Creed, right now, but maybe check back in a few years, and maybe I'll think differently based whatever events happens by then."

I mean, we just saw Blink 182 reunite with Tom Delonge for the 2nd time in the band's history and their history is just as dysfunctional. Anything can happen. The one thing I just don't want to see when it comes to reunions is the following. They get together, things are cool for a finite period of time, and then they break up again for the reasons why they broke up in the first place (much like Blink 182's issue with Delonge the first time they reunited in the late 00s) and then everyone wastes time, during the reunion phase, while they could have been doing something cool that certain bases would love to see.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

anguyen92 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:50 pm I mean he could say, "I have no interest in doing Creed, right now, but maybe check back in a few years, and maybe I'll think differently based whatever events happens by then."
That's exactly what he's saying if you read between the lines like... at all. Saying there's 'no time' is a softer way of putting it. And there isn't any time given his obvious priorities. And his priorities are up to him. Not Creed fans.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

scarecrow wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:34 pm There is apparently no reasoning with Stapp fans. And the sense of entitlement is UNREAL. Wow.
Which entitlement are you talking about?
I, for one, don't want a reunion and especially no new album. Mark can delete his Creed V demos for all I care, because I already know that stuff is be as bland and forgettable as Full Circle. I would want to hear a new album if he fell in love with Creed again and really focused on that band only for two or three years. But I have zero interest in hearing an half-assed album recorded by Michael Baskette between two Alter Bridge and Tremonti tours. And I also couldn't care less about another tour with sped-up tempos and Eric Friedman on guitar. Just do it right next time, or don't even bother.

I've also said I thought it would be healthier for everyone involved to actually call it a career and move on for good. Stapp should be the one breaking the band up this time IMHO. This way, he wouldn't feel like a victim anymore and could finally blossom as a solo artist.

Still, I think Creed's career is a big waste. They had at least a couple of amazing released in them in the mid 2000's, and we'll never hear them. Such a shame, but it is what it is, and there are far more important things in life.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

“Stapp is a broken man who had to deal with abuse when he was a child, and on top of that, he became addicted to pills after his car accident.
There are reasons that explain his past behaviour and meltdowns,”

Total disagree here.

I went through a lot of crap in my past. I never became an a-hole or anything because of it.

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

Call me crazy but I think the hate Creed gets started long after the split. Or at least at any large level. So that shouldnt be a factor.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Kreuger wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:10 pm Call me crazy but I think the hate Creed gets started long after the split. Or at least at any large level. So that shouldnt be a factor.
Nope. I was made fun of by a TEACHER in high school in front of an entire class for being such a vocal fan. This was around 2001. They became super 'uncool' as soon as Human Clay hit and snowballed into 'widely hated' pretty quickly. Some of that was their popularity. A lot of it was Stapp's voice, religious imagery in the lyrics, and his arguably overblown stage presence.