Mark about a Creed reunion

A place for all Creed discussion.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Mark about a Creed reunion

Post by anguyen92 »

anguyen92 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:46 pm Anywho, I think this is just the beginning. Like there is no way they aren't going to do a Summer amphitheater tour in 2024. Like fudge, I went a show in Irvine that had Matchbox Twenty and Matt Nathanson supporting (and I saw Matt Nathanson in a local venue a few months prior that had a few hundred people attended). They should be able to do similar numbers to that bill and have someone like Daughtry supporting. I would gladly go to a Creed with Daughtry tour in US amphitheaters next Summer if there is a show at the amphitheater in Irvine, California.
Well, I was almost right about this. It just the SoCal show was not in FivePoint Amphitheater. It's in a venue much larger than FivePoint and it's a festival....

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Tim, what are the chances of a UK tour for Creed? Feed me some crumbs of hope :lol

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

Dan Dando wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:47 pm Tim, what are the chances of a UK tour for Creed? Feed me some crumbs of hope :lol
As of now, this is what we have. We have a lot to prove yet and are coming to the table with the biggest production in the bands history.
Let us finish knocking this one out of the park and then we can see what's what.

You have to remember the band doesn't have any real history in Europe, this machine is a size that takes mountains to move. We dont pick where we play, we get offers from promoters to play their markets. When the offers make sense and we can get enough together and enough that fall into a clean routing - thats when we do it.

Case in point, it takes soooo long to book these in advance. We started to book this tour in 2021.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

You have to remember the band doesn't have any real history in Europe, this machine is a size that takes mountains to move. We dont pick where we play, we get offers from promoters to play their markets. When the offers make sense and we can get enough together and enough that fall into a clean routing - thats when we do it.
Yep, that makes sense. For any band of a known stature, they would love to play anywhere in the world in front of various crowds in Europe, South America, Asia, Australia/New Zealand, etc. They just want to ensure that the offer (or perhaps venue choice) the promoters are giving out can match what the bands are looking for and the timeliness of it.

On top of that, the US Amphitheater season from April - October can be very packed fast, especially in the post-pandemic age where all suitable venues can be booked to the bone, that can make it hard to align the suitable venues to do a tour this long hence why it can take some time to get everything together.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

TTournier wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:15 pm
Dan Dando wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:47 pm Tim, what are the chances of a UK tour for Creed? Feed me some crumbs of hope :lol
As of now, this is what we have. We have a lot to prove yet and are coming to the table with the biggest production in the bands history.
Let us finish knocking this one out of the park and then we can see what's what.

Case in point, it takes soooo long to book these in advance. We started to book this tour in 2021.
Makes perfect sense. Appreciate the response, good sir :)

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

This was in the book since 2021? damn, everyone here was thinking this would never happen at that time. you must've been laughing at us lol. So, gonna take a chance here, when you say "As of now, this is what we have" - does that mean no new record and no new music before the tour?

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

nagpo wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:38 pm

This was in the book since 2021? damn, everyone here was thinking this would never happen at that time. you must've been laughing at us lol. So, gonna take a chance here, when you say "As of now, this is what we have" - does that mean no new record and no new music before the tour?
I'd happily gobble up a new Creed offering, but with the theme of this tour being a sort of nostalgic call-back to the late 90s, it makes me wonder if now is the right time for new music. "Return to the 90s with us, also here's some new songs" - it's sort of a mixed message.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Dan Dando wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:46 pm
nagpo wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:38 pm

I'd happily gobble up a new Creed offering, but with the theme of this tour being a sort of nostalgic call-back to the late 90s, it makes me wonder if now is the right time for new music. "Return to the 90s with us, also here's some new songs" - it's sort of a mixed message.
The unreleased song "Do It All Over" would be the perfect fit for the theme.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

TTournier wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:35 pm
scarecrow wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:15 am
MrK2991 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:17 pm
scarecrow wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:09 am
anguyen92 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:46 pm Anywho, I think this is just the beginning.
I think what's frustrating people is that THE BAND doesn't seem to know if it is or not. If it's not, this is just a cash grab. :rolleyes If it is just the beginning, give us something more concrete than "maybe we'll do other stuff." Don't play coy.

They're free to do what they like, and maybe they genuinely have no idea what they're going to do moving forward, if anything. But what a bizarre starting point to announce a reunion. Perhaps fanboys don't make the best managers. Just a thought.

That Tim immediately started getting sooooo many questions from people - shouldn't that be enough to make you wonder if you could've handled this better? Maintaining a bit of mystery is one thing, but almost across-the-board question marks from the fanbase... not great!
I would think the cruise promoter would likely not want them to discuss further tour plans until the cruise is sold out. They are essentially trying to sell $1000+ concert tickets. Many who might buy would probably think twice if they knew for sure they could see Creed a couple months later for $50-100.
Yeah, I said that already. I still think they botched this.
Sooooo is turns out the plan was for 2 tent pole exclusive destination events, tie-ins with MLB & NFL, a massive branded tour and standalone festival. All of which has resulted in a q-rating that matches the bands all time high. Tell me again how I botched this?
With hindsight being 20/20, you can probably deduce that as I stated in my FB post (that your poorly referenced in your above comment), this has been in the works for years. Nothing just happens, no one was playing games. We just cant drop this kind of rollout in one sitting. Your negatived and extremely pointed comments towards me didn't age to well did it Jonathan? I have never done anything to you... this fanboy just brought back one of the biggest bands in rock history.

I'll just sit here, waiting for your apology. :hug
Bought a ticket for Green Bay today. Looking forward to it.

I stand behind my contemporaneous thoughts on the rollout (I certainly wasn't alone) and, bluntly, I could not care less about branding and q-ratings.

Music is a business. I wish it wasn't. It's so much more sacred to me than that. But for me that's a poltically charged (and almost certainly futile) debate I'd rather not have here.

Nevertheless, thank you for your part in reuniting a band that was *extremely* important to me in my youth and continues to be. Not sure I'd still be here if not for Mark's long-lasting, continued musical inspiration.

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

Jonathan,

I hope you’re doing ok man. Hit me at the Green Bay show I’d like to shake your hand.

Best,
TT

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

TTournier wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:19 pm Jonathan,

I hope you’re doing ok man. Hit me at the Green Bay show I’d like to shake your hand.

Best,
TT
Tim,

I'm hanging in there! I'm super happy you guys are back in such a big way. It's hard to understate their effect on my life. Thanks for all y'all do and will continue to do. I'm sorry for being rude previously - I am still working on being able to disagree without being impolite.

I hope to see you there, I bought my ticket before I knew my cousin was moving back so I may have to re-sell and then scrounge up some new ones. But I simply must go with him. It was his dad who took me to my first Creed show in August 2000. It was meant to be.

To an epic 2024! :headbang

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I'm still a little mad that people got mad, initially, about Tim's comment around the time the cruise was announced. It's like those people that got mad didn't consider the notion that fans like me wanted that reassurance that bands like AB and Tremonti solo is still going to keep going and everyone in that camp is going to support everyone's endeavors of those bands, which to me, is the most important note out of that comment.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

anguyen92 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:51 pm I'm still a little mad that people got mad, initially, about Tim's comment around the time the cruise was announced. It's like those people that got mad didn't consider the notion that fans like me wanted that reassurance that bands like AB and Tremonti solo is still going to keep going and everyone in that camp is going to support everyone's endeavors of those bands, which to me, is the most important note out of that comment.
I don't understand, perhaps you could help clarify. Who wouldn't want all 3 bands active as long as the parties involved can handle it? Mark is a prolific creative.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I mean people seemed pretty ticked off about Tim's comments and the overall mood seemed not too grand at the time the cruise was announced as if that cruise was going to be the only thing Creed were going to do in that reunion (you can see pages 12-14 in this thread). Meanwhile, I had that uneasiness feeling at the time the cruise announcement hit thinking, "This is it, after the AB US tour in August, this is going to be end of AB for god knows however long."

Tim's posts saying "AB, Tremonti, SMKC, MK Solo, Stapp solo will all continue. Everyone fully supports each other." was the most reassuring statement I was hoping for out of that camp and it felt people didn't care a lot about that part. They just get angry that Creed only announced the cruise and it didn't look like nothing else was happening at the time and for me, that just leaves a certain sour taste to me that I probably can't describe any better.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

anguyen92 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:08 pm I mean people seemed pretty ticked off about Tim's comments and the overall mood seemed not too grand at the time the cruise was announced as if that cruise was going to be the only thing Creed were going to do in that reunion (you can see pages 12-14 in this thread). Meanwhile, I had that uneasiness feeling at the time the cruise announcement hit thinking, "This is it, after the AB US tour in August, this is going to be end of AB for god knows however long."

Tim's posts saying "AB, Tremonti, SMKC, MK Solo, Stapp solo will all continue. Everyone fully supports each other." was the most reassuring statement I was hoping for out of that camp and it felt people didn't care a lot about that part. They just get angry that Creed only announced the cruise and it didn't look like nothing else was happening at the time and for me, that just leaves a certain sour taste to me that I probably can't describe any better.
I still agree that as a fan (who isn't into cruises) it was suboptimal. But according to the piece below (which is a fascinating and surreal read as a fan of 25 years), it was a genuine attempt to gauge the level of interest. I'm not sure if that conflicts with the notion that this was in the works for years. But it's now worked out for everyone involved. No harm, no foul.

https://news.pollstar.com/2024/03/25/wi ... nt-return/

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

And that's great and that's exciting for the Creed camp, but for people to not be happy about Tim's comments and for people to be in a pissy mood, at the time, still leaves a sour taste to me.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

anguyen92 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:40 pm And that's great and that's exciting for the Creed camp, but for people to not be happy about Tim's comments and for people to be in a pissy mood, at the time, still leaves a sour taste to me.
It was mostly my personal distaste for cruises and how I perceive them. I can't speak for anyone else who was annoyed. When you follow a band for 25 years, you don't necessarily imagine a giant comeback being the announcement of a cruise. Something that I immediately knew was off the table for me. You might be bummed in that situation, too.

Also I've always been protective of Creed. I was bullied in high school for liking Creed - even by a teacher during class. Maybe that part of me still wants them to be "cooler" than they are. To me a cruise is antithetical to cool.

But that's all bullshit! The earnestness in the appeal. The lack of misogyny (unlike Nickelback for example) in the lyrics. The fearlessness and not caring how they come off. That's why their music has aged so well and why people are still invested.

Emotions can run high when you really care about something. I hope you and everyone else can move past the initial wave of negative reactions and confusion. (It was the direct result of a whole lot of people caring, as we see now.) But that's out of my control. What's in my control is going to a show in just a few months. That's pretty exciting.